• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Hurt feelings and NT's

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
funny-pictures-cat-will-not-listen-to-lion-cub-anymore.jpg

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
*grabs Ina's hand and starts cleaning it, digging claws in when she tries pulling away*

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
So I guess the conclusion of this thread is:

a) NT's deny to ever being hurt (possibly they're just repressing though).
b) T's and F's desperately need classes to understand each others humor.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Thanks.

Someone had to ruin the whole damn thread by putting lolzcatz in here.

imagesepic-fail.jpg

... i hate you all...

S

Sniffles

Many of the responses here seem to confirm my own experiences that the closer you are personally to the NT, the more you're able to hurt them.

Same basic rule applies to myself, since INFJs are supposedly the most T of the NFs.

I usually don't mind the NT sense of bantering, in fact I have a weak spot for it. Especially with my own love of bantering as a form of humour.

Just for Amargith, I'd like to share how one NT put it on another forum I often visit:
Think of this place as a clubhouse where affection is expressed through merciless ribbing, and all New Guys get hazed.

:D

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I usually don't mind the NT sense of bantering, in fact I have a weak spot for it. Especially with my own love of bantering as a form of humour.

No, you'll never be one of us! NEVER!!!

(4 1, u put 2 much of u in ur humor!)

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I think NTs are more sensitive to hurt feelings than NFs, yep, I do.

Hurt feelings seem to have a muted, yet prolonged effect amongst NTs.

We, NFs, accept and express our feelings, whereas NTs tend to be either entirely ignorant of them, or rather opt to deny, and, or repress their feelings.

As a general rule, we are much more comfortable with our feelings than they are, duh. :p

Also, I have had the misfortune of hurting a handful of NT's feelings in the past and OUCH, they tend to be total dicks when you do!!!

If you (unintentionally) hurt them, because they don't know how to deal with that hurt, or because they don't understand nor like that hurt, they tend to go all kamikaze on your ass.

Every NT I have hurt has responded to me with full blown mental/psychological warfare.

Sunshine

MBTI Type
ABCD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Many of the responses here seem to confirm my own experiences that the closer you are personally to the NT, the more you're able to hurt them.

Same basic rule applies to myself, since INFJs are supposedly the most T of the NFs.

Just for Amargith, I'd like to share how one NT put it on another forum I often visit:

:D

I doubt that. I doubt that any F is the most T of them all. And especially not INFJs. YOU however might be very T. (If that's even possible?)

I however should win an award for being the most F of all the Fs in the world.

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
I think NTs are more sensitive to hurt feelings than NFs, yep, I do.

Hurt feelings seem to have a muted, yet prolonged effect amongst NTs.

We, NFs, accept and express our feelings, whereas NTs tend to be either entirely ignorant of them, or rather opt to deny, and, or repress their feelings.

As a general rule, we are much more comfortable with our feelings than they are, duh. :p

Also, I have had the misfortune of hurting a handful of NT's feelings in the past and OUCH, they tend to be total dicks when you do!!!

If you (unintentionally) hurt them, because they don't know how to deal with that hurt, or because they don't understand nor like that hurt, they tend to go all kamikaze on your ass.

Every NT I have hurt has responded to me with full blown mental/psychological warfare.

It probably comes down to how healthy they are. A psychologically unhealthy NT would indeed be very unable to cope with hurt feelings.. an alien idea. But by the same token, an unhealthy NF may totally overreact (by society standards) to hurt feelings.

I'd say that given healthy well balanced NT and NF, neither are more susceptible, they just view or react to it in typecast ways.

Sunshine

MBTI Type
ABCD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It probably comes down to how healthy they are. A psychologically unhealthy NT would indeed be very unable to cope with hurt feelings.. an alien idea. But by the same token, an unhealthy NF may totally overreact (by society standards) to hurt feelings.

I'd say that given healthy well balanced NT and NF, neither are more susceptible, they just view or react to it in typecast ways.

Probably.