• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Hurt feelings and NT's

A Schnitzel

WTF is this dude saying?
MBTI Type
INTP
Wow.

YOU GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF ROBOTS!!!

(That doesn't bother you does it?)

I'm tempted to say a whole bunch of cruel things to see if it bothers you but that would be unethical.

I always meant to tell you this Sunshine, your posts make me smile. :)

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
:hug: tinkerbell :hug:
:tongue10: @ Jennifer

Since I deserved it... I'm not offended.

See? Just like I said! :smile:

Wow.
YOU GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF ROBOTS!!!
(That doesn't bother you does it? WOW!)

It bothers me, coming from a tin-can wannabe like you!

I'm tempted to say a whole bunch of cruel things to see if it bothers you but that would be unethical.

Wuss.

Here: I'm so brilliant I will predict that you'll next try to recant your recent insult.

Wait a minute....

Heh um I'm unsure of what to make of that. Are you being serious? Also, should I delete that bit about you guys being robots? It won't bother anyone right? Or will it?

Well, look at that!!!!

Sunshine

MBTI Type
ABCD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I always meant to tell you this Sunshine, your posts make me smile. :)

Heh um I'm unsure of what to make of that. Are you being serious? Also, should I delete that bit about you guys being robots? It won't bother anyone right? Or will it?

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
It happens, but sometimes I can just "ignore" it. Uhm, I don't actually know how to describe this process exactly. Because other times, I decide not to "ignore" it and that "I should get angry". Criticism: I don't give a fuck, it never affects me (perhaps because I have a too high opinion of myself - I don't know). What sometimes gets me going is people that really feel the need to "get a rise" out of me when they see I am not reacting to their provocations.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
BTW, Jennifer, FWIW I am trying to learn, hence the posting of these threads. I'd like to get rid of the eggshells eventually *grin*

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
BTW, Jennifer, FWIW I am trying to learn, hence the posting of these threads. I'd like to get rid of the eggshells eventually *grin*

Hmmm I hope there wasn't an apology or a conciliatory tone in there anywhere...

*tap tap taps toe*

....WITH LASERS.

Awwwww... now YOU, I love! :wubbie:

Sunshine

MBTI Type
ABCD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't really think you guys are robots. You guys said hardly anything actually bothers you. I wanted to try that out.

:( I didn't think it was actually going to bother you guys. Sorry.

:( :( :(

A Schnitzel

WTF is this dude saying?
MBTI Type
INTP
I don't really think you guys are robots. You guys said hardly anything actually bothers you. I wanted to try that out.

:( I didn't think it was actually going to bother you guys. Sorry.

:( :( :(

No that wasn't me being bothered. You misinterpreted.

Half of the post was done for comic effect because I found your robot comment quite humorous.
The other half was that I wasn't going to say a compliment like that without an element of truth to it.

Now that I think about it, we NTs can sure be a bother.

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
I I decide not to "ignore" it and that "I should get angry". Criticism: I don't give a fuck, it never affects me (perhaps because I have a too high opinion of myself - I don't know).
yeah, I realized in childhood that I was not getting angry over things as was expected, and would wonder why and think that I should make an effort to "feel it" more so I should respond like a normal human being (i.e. get and stay angry). I was annoyed that I was so easily pacified, if for no other reason than that I felt it gave people less reason to not be assholes.

What sometimes gets me going is people that really feel the need to "get a rise" out of me when they see I am not reacting to their provocations.
At that point I marvel at how someone could be so interested in getting little ol' me riled up. It's amusing half the time.

I always meant to tell you this Sunshine, your posts make me smile.
+1

Sunshine

MBTI Type
ABCD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It bothers me, coming from a tin-can wannabe like you!

I don't want to be a tin can. And apparently neither do you.

I'm really really really sorry.

Sunshine

MBTI Type
ABCD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Are the mean NTs teasing you? :hug:

I think I actually bothered Jennifer and maybe some of the others.

:( :(

I'm going to go hide now for a long looooonnng time.

Misty_Mountain_Rose

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
But when my feelings are truly hurt, I don't yell; I withdraw ... like a little kid.

An idiot can't make me feel bad about myself. I have to value the person before I can value his opinion about my character.

+1

Yelling and raging out of frustration doesn't imply that the PERSON is important to me, but rather that the POINT is. Someone doesn't get my VERY IMPORTANT, VERY SIMPLE POINT and that's a major pet peeve. My feelings aren't hurt if they still refuse to get it, only my remaining faith in the intelligence of humankind. Once it becomes obvious that there's nothing I can say to change their minds, I walk away without looking back.

Hehehe the INTP cynicism strikes again! Man I love you guys. :hug:

So, lets say, I do challenge your intelligence, show you that you are incompetent in comparison to me, and that you will never be as smart as me. What would you do in this, quite unlikely, case?

I would be in awe and you would earn my undying love and devotion. There is only one other person who can consistently put me in my place in debates. Its awesome. :wubbie:

Allowing someone else to hurt you impinges on your autonomy. It suggests that you are not in complete control of your environment - that would never do.

Another INTP-ish mentality I think. The ones I know IRL are always saying things like 'No one can MAKE you mad. YOU make you mad'

The idea baffles me since I can whole heartedly say that there are some people who CAN piss me off :D

And yes, I think that being frustrated with ignorance is much different from having your feelings hurt.

I have a co-worker who is ISFJ, and she is CONTINUALLY hurt by EVERYTHING. I try to offer her some perspective on things, but she seems driven by this constant... need... for being upset. (At least that is how it appears to me, but I may just be insensitive)

I don't want to be a tin can. And apparently neither do you.

I'm really really really sorry.

They're messing with you Sunshine. :hug:

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The NT in me can't tell whether the feelers are joking or not :(

for my two previous posts the first one was half, the second was not.