• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] INTP Women!

surgery

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Four
in public... not so much.

I love the lengths female INTPs go through in order to remain anonymous. One in particular wasn't featured in school year books for five consecutive years, never spoke up in class, and didn't even attend her high school graduation.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Do you like doing this or do you have to do this?

I like wearing makeup, too. This may be part of the reason we INTP chicks are so elusive IRL. Some of us blend right in with the general population, and you have to talk to us to discern that we're INTP. Problem is, we hate being randomly chatted up in public. :doh:

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I like wearing makeup, too. This may be part of the reason we INTP chicks are so elusive IRL. Some of us blend right in with the general population, and you have to talk to us to discern that we're INTP. Problem is, we hate being randomly chatted up in public. :doh:

I know, that part about hating to be randomly chatted up. This is why it's more effective just to show up in random groups of possible interests and hunt you girls down that way. I can have a discussion about something interesting and we can either talk more after if things get more interesting; or part if nothing interesting comes up with out having to be worried about any connection.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I like makeup, actually. (And clothes -- a lot.)

I consider it an artistic means of self-expression, showing people who I am. I am pretty picky about what I wear.

I'm not into clothes as status symbols at all, though; or clothes that I feel get in the way of the needs at hand. I am not going to wear anything just because it's "expected of me."

If it's really inconvenient, or doesn't really reflect who I am, forget it.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I know, that part about hating to be randomly chatted up. This is why it's more effective just to show up in random groups of possible interests and hunt you girls down that way.
Because being randomly hunted down is oh so much better than being randomly chatted up?
:unsure:

How did a thread about INTP women turn into a discussion of clothes and makeup, anyway? The shame of it!

I blame the kitteh.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Because being randomly hunted down is oh so much better than being randomly chatted up?
:unsure:

How did a thread about INTP women turn into a discussion of clothes and makeup, anyway? The shame of it!

I blame the kitteh.

Oh come on, it can't be that bad... *gears up to pounce*

Actually Var started talking about makeup and clothes, I just wanted some expansion on it. But if I have to I guess I could take some of the blame... maybe... =^.^=

Kestrel

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
2w1
I wish you folks weren't so hard to find. I wish I wasn't so hard to find. Being an introvert sucks sometimes.

One of the coolest people I've known was an INTP. I should probably get in contact with her again...

Varelse

Wait, what?
MBTI Type
INTJ
I like makeup, actually. (And clothes -- a lot.)

I consider it an artistic means of self-expression, showing people who I am. I am pretty picky about what I wear.

I'm not into clothes as status symbols at all, though; or clothes that I feel get in the way of the needs at hand. I am not going to wear anything just because it's "expected of me."

If it's really inconvenient, or doesn't really reflect who I am, forget it.
You're so pretty, though. :hug:

I wouldn't know what brands of clothes to be into, myself. Whatever looks good?

And I still need to figure out mascara. :doh:

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I wouldn't know what brands of clothes to be into, myself. Whatever looks good?

Well, of course what looks good! :)

You're more practical; I think you'd focus more on function than aesthetics based on what I know of you.

But there's still a lot to work with there, nowadays.

And I still need to figure out mascara. :doh:

1. Unscrew mascara lid.
2. Open mouth and eyes like a fish.
3. Stroke up, from under the lash. (If you're brave, we'll crimp ya after.)

Did I miss something?

runvardh said:
I know, that part about hating to be randomly chatted up. This is why it's more effective just to show up in random groups of possible interests and hunt you girls down that way. I can have a discussion about something interesting and we can either talk more after if things get more interesting; or part if nothing interesting comes up with out having to be worried about any connection.

Well, yeah; it sort of sucks to be under the pressure of a date, it's cooler to just be out with people and click with someone and go from there.

INTP women are cool. I've only known a few IRL that I suspected were INTP. And on this board, they seem a lot more well balanced and healthy than the INTP males for some reason.

I think what was brought up elsewhere was that there seems to be less extremes in the interests/intellect levels of the females, the males are more likely to flit to the ends of the bell curves. And in our culture, women don't really get as much chance to excuse themselves from socializing and learning the rules; it's sort of forced on you, men are permitted more often to duck and run off by themselves.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well, yeah; it sort of sucks to be under the pressure of a date, it's cooler to just be out with people and click with someone and go from there.

Yeah, I hate having to worry about the date thing. When the actual relationship happens I'm wanting quite a bit, but She needs to be interesting enough to hang out with first before I go there.

I think what was brought up elsewhere was that there seems to be less extremes in the interests/intellect levels of the females, the males are more likely to flit to the ends of the bell curves. And in our culture, women don't really get as much chance to excuse themselves from socializing and learning the rules; it's sort of forced on you, men are permitted more often to duck and run off by themselves.

No, we're just expected to participate in other unneeded/unwanted things... :doh:

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah, I hate having to worry about the date thing. When the actual relationship happens I'm wanting quite a bit, but She needs to be interesting enough to hang out with first before I go there.

Yeah, I think I'm done with all that crap... I've had more than enough "untested dates" in the past and wouldn't want to waste my time with someone I didn't already know I'd like being with.

No, we're just expected to participate in other unneeded/unwanted things... :doh:

Oh yeah, like driving off for a few hours to chop down the xmas tree or drinking beers on the back porch pondering how best to cook the meat? ;)

Sunshine

MBTI Type
ABCD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My cultural anthropology teacher was a female INTP. I liked her.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yeah, I think I'm done with all that crap... I've had more than enough "untested dates" in the past and wouldn't want to waste my time with someone I didn't already know I'd like being with.

Exactly...

Oh yeah, like driving off for a few hours to chop down the xmas tree or drinking beers on the back porch pondering how best to cook the meat? ;)

Na, this is the better part. I don't know how many other guys have this happen, but on one side I had my mother indirectly making me feel like crap for being a guy. On the other I had all my friends bugging the crap out of me for not doing the truely stupid stuff, not just bone breaking stuff, synapse damaging stuff. Then there are the girls who are looking for me to hurt them because I have a dick...

Varelse

Wait, what?
MBTI Type
INTJ
Well, of course what looks good! :)

You're more practical; I think you'd focus more on function than aesthetics based on what I know of you.

But there's still a lot to work with there, nowadays.
Mmm. I think some of it's been more a confidence thing, too.

1. Unscrew mascara lid.
2. Open mouth and eyes like a fish.
3. Stroke up, from under the lash. (If you're brave, we'll crimp ya after.)

Did I miss something?
Just the part where I'm trying to cover up the black smudges I made. :hug:

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Na, this is the better part.

That's good, at least... since you could be discussing xmas placemats inside or tossing a salad. *ick*

I don't know how many other guys have this happen, but on one side I had my mother indirectly making me feel like crap for being a guy. On the other I had all my friends bugging the crap out of me for not doing the truly stupid stuff, not just bone breaking stuff, synapse damaging stuff. Then there are the girls who are looking for me to hurt them because I have a dick...

Yeah, that would definitely suck.

So... you don't have any great "hunting drunk in your underwear one dark stormy night" stories to share? :cheese:

My son complained last night about his sister kicking him all the time, while he seems to get yelled at as soon as he hits her back or shoves her around... although he does have about fifteen pounds of muscle mass and 20 pounds of body weight on her and she wouldn't stand a chance if they went all out. (She's sneaky that way, though, in getting in her digs. But she's an INFJ, so I guess I'm off-topic.)

Mmm. I think some of it's been more a confidence thing, too.

True. My tastes started very plain and functional, and I've moved up from there the more experience I get. I just got something the other night that's far more daring than what I would have tried in the past.

Just the part where I'm trying to cover up the black smudges I made.

:doh: Maybe we should let Tallulah record an "INTP Gals Makeup Video!"

You have to be careful with mascara. it flecks if you're not careful and gets on your brow sometimes... then you have to figure out a way to remove it without smearing it everywhere.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
That's good, at least... since you could be discussing xmas placemats inside or tossing a salad. *ick*

I could actually see myself enjoying this too... :blush:

Yeah, that would definitely suck.

So... you don't have any great "hunting drunk in your underwear one dark stormy night" stories to share? :cheese:

Nope, just a storry about after 6 coolers (to myself, never mind what they drank) my college buddy, his hometown friend, and I headed out to the local supermarket because we had the munchies. I carried the hometown friend half way through the store and both of them all the way home...

My son complained last night about his sister kicking him all the time, while he seems to get yelled at as soon as he hits her back or shoves her around... although he does have about fifteen pounds of muscle mass and 20 pounds of body weight on her and she wouldn't stand a chance if they went all out. (She's sneaky that way, though, in getting in her digs. But she's an INFJ, so I guess I'm off-topic.)

Eh, probably off topic for the OP, but it's one of those things I'm quite paranoid about as a guy.

Varelse

Wait, what?
MBTI Type
INTJ
:doh: Maybe we should let Tallulah record an "INTP Gals Makeup Video!"

You have to be careful with mascara. it flecks if you're not careful and gets on your brow sometimes... then you have to figure out a way to remove it without smearing it everywhere.
Most true.

Everything else I can handle, at least.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Most true.
Everything else I can handle, at least.

Treat it like science.

(I'm still more apt to know how something works or HOW to do it, than I am in actually being good AT doing it. Pretty typical, for a bookish person.)

mbeerti

MBTI Type
INTP
INTP women are cool. I've only known a few IRL that I suspected were INTP. And on this board, they seem a lot more well balanced and healthy than the INTP males for some reason.

-No shit. I'm not gonna call anyone out (yet)-- as I'm still the new ex-lurker-- but there a couple Jackass-INTP males I've already noticed here, who clearly don't see this forum as an extracurricular activity, but rather, life. And their insecurities come out in obnoxious/juvenile self-aggrandizing posts. Ha.

-Anyway, no, I don't wish to be part of some online clique." I do have a *few* real life friends. I guess I was just thinking of posing some questions/gathering some input on situations/stuff that ONLY INTP women would understand.

And sometime soon when I'm less buzzed I will write (type?) down some of this...:newwink: