• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTJ] ENTJ Comes Out!

nozflubber

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
MBTI Type
Hype
Here is the weird part: I tend to be very superficial, obsessed with my physical appearance as well as others. I am physically attractive and feminine and love to show off my feminintey. I workout alot to stay in shape and would prefer to loss my mind over my beauty.

This has nothing to do with type IMO, this has to do with being a young woman in America. What a majority of people on this board forget is that Gender and culture are stronger predictors of behavior than type is! So don't let it trouble you too much when trying to understand type :)

and welcome!

LostInNerSpace

MBTI Type
INTP
Hi everyone, I am new in this forum. I have been reading around the posts and decided to share my experience.

A lot of this resonates with me oddly enough, except for the weird part. I have my own weird parts. I do love to workout, sometimes obsessively.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Welcome.

You definitely seem EJ, but I don't see much that indicates the middle letters. I could believe ESFJ, ESTJ, or ENFJ more easily than ENTJ from your style, honestly, but I still wouldn't rule out ENTJ.

Shouldn't this thread be in "Welcomes and Introductions," BTW?

ENTJ-girl

I always thought that ENTJ do not care much about their look. They care for their bodies, but naturally not their appearances. I love beauty and luxury, which is probably related to power.

My major conclusion (as I wondered around reading the past few days) is that I do not exhabiting alot of ENTJ classic behavior at work. Lately, I am not a hard-worker, tend to procrastinate, care about presentation (office, etc), take low workload, and a bit of a pleaser loner (impatient with everyone and has used pleasing to stop any future outbursts).

Last time I was in charge (was a junior), I took over the place, my boss's boss was scared for her next promotion/others were on my side that she actually started to attack me/spread rumors. I just backed off, I never wanted her place anyway, I could not stand the bitch.

Wow, and I really do not feel connected to anyone in the forum yet lol. Perhaps it's time to hijack other threads :devil:

BTW, you guys have to excuse my english since it's not my first language.

Sarah

That's been my experience with the type as well. My best friend is an ENTJ, and she's obsessed with appearance, and aging. I think it has a lot to do with power - she wants her interface with the world to be as potent as possible. She also goes to great lengths to tell everyone how pretty she thinks I am, which is funny, like she's trying to establish dominance for me as well. lol

ENTJ-girl

This has nothing to do with type IMO, this has to do with being a young woman in America. What a majority of people on this board forget is that Gender and culture are stronger predictors of behavior than type is! So don't let it trouble you too much when trying to understand type :)

and welcome!

I am not in US, I am a middle eastern girl. It's a very different culture. It's so difficult to survive as an ENTJ girl in a reserved religious-based culture. You will be isolated by the society (which probably makes you sacrify that you tend to forget who you really are). This is a death sentence.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I am not in US, I am a middle eastern girl. It's a very different culture. It's so difficult to survive as an ENTJ girl in a reserved religious-based culture. You will be isolated by the society (which probably makes you sacrify that you tend to forget who you really are). This is a death sentence.

:doh:

Now I believe you'd have to be an ENTJ, just because you found MBTI and came here. I guess I also might have been too quick to judge you by how you used language, not knowing that you didn't speak English natively.

This information completely changes the context of everything else you've said.

ENTJ-girl

Probably due to my automatic suppression to the NT and even the J most of the time. I keep a very low-profile. However, I might be a different case of possibly shifting between one or more type (as in adoptation mechanism). I was interested in that theory, hence the thread is open for interpretation.

Welcome.

You definitely seem EJ, but I don't see much that indicates the middle letters. I could believe ESFJ, ESTJ, or ENFJ more easily than ENTJ from your style, honestly, but I still wouldn't rule out ENTJ.

Shouldn't this thread be in "Welcomes and Introductions," BTW?

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Probably due to my automatic suppression to the NT and even the J most of the time. I keep a very low-profile. However, I might be a different case of possibly shifting between one or more type (as in adoptation mechanism). I was interested in that theory, hence the thread is open for interpretation.

Funny that you say that.
Another ENTJ female on another forum expressed esteem towards an artist that made his mission in obliterating inflections of himself in his works.

I wonder if that idea is a product of inferior Fi or even primary Te

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
im obsessed with weights and "getting more definition *here* or *there*" haha... i walk around the house without a shirt on...even in the winter...i take at least 30 seconds to look in the mirror every time i leave the bathroom...

Im not a narcissist. Im not superficial. Im just ENTJ :devil:

ENTJ-girl

This explains some of my confusion. I am not adhereing to one style which makes me unpredictable to others. Even when I hide my NT, it just comes back on a different occassion.

For the past 3 years, I started to dedicate much of my time to understand my feelings and others (F) and examining the world around using my senses (S). However, these activities are so BORING.

I'm usually: Why the hell should I know how I feel? I feel nothing. I does not matter how I feel really? Why does everyone talk about their feelings?

The S mode is less boring, at least it quieten my mind.

However, EJ, I am still not clear about the difference between the EJ and EP? or between EJ and IJ? I always thought I was definitely an I.

Funny thing, I only discovered the MBIT few days ago, althought I feel clueless, I'm just not gonna giving up and will learn it all.

Sarah :cool:

:doh:

Now I believe you'd have to be an ENTJ, just because you found MBTI and came here. I guess I also might have been too quick to judge you by how you used language, not knowing that you didn't speak English natively.

This information completely changes the context of everything else you've said.

ENTP2L

MBTI Type
ENTP
I am still not clear about the difference between the EJ and EP?

EJ = people who like people and make their bed in the morning
EP = people who like people and do not make their bed in the morning

Understand? I hope that clears it up. Now I have to go lay in my un-made bed.

ENTJ-girl

When I am not on my ENTJ mode, I would say: "OMG I'm definitely an EP :shock:"
When I'm on my ENTJ mode, I would say "I'm not sure about making my bed today, could YOU help me make this decision".

:smile:

Nihilen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
I am physically attractive and feminine and love to show off my feminintey. I workout alot to stay in shape and would prefer to loss my mind over my beauty.

Pics or it didn' happen.

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

ESJ is all about organizing for organization's sake. ENJ isn't. I dont make my bed because there is no fricken point. Its a stupid tradition that serves no purpose (thats Je/Ni vs JeSi for you)

G

garbage

I dont make my bed because there is no fricken point.

Yeah, basically.

My place is largely very clean and everything's put in its place, but I can't see myself neatly arranging my bed covers every day. Just seems like a waste of time unless I need it to look presentable.

Although.. for the most part, it's still probably not a bad analogy for comparing J and P.

LeonardoLestat

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Hi everyone, I am new in this forum. I have been reading around the posts and decided to share my experience.

I would start by saying that I just recently came around my personality as a ENTJ. I has been depressed for as long as I remember, I was reading that stressed/depressed ENTJ can be destructive and overwhelmed by their feelings and they can be confused by another type of personality (sorry, cannot remember which one).

I always felt like I am in a mission. My outlook in life has been to win the battle and stay strong, somehow, protect the weak.

Most of the time, my mind does not shut up lol. I have a lot of difficulty focusing/concentrating or quietening my mind (even when I sleep). I am very curious about knowing stuffs, highly organized in my own ways. My life experiences are always educational.

I always treated people politely and fairly but people are always intimidate or act defensive in my present. It never made sense to me. I have a very baby like face, who could be scared by that. When I tune myself down, people accuse me of being “afraid” of them lol. I would really love to know how to reach a better balance in this area.

However, I tend to get bored really fast and sometimes impatient with certain people. I tend to keep my relationships really shallow, although I am not very sure why I do that.

Here is the weird part: I tend to be very superficial, obsessed with my physical appearance as well as others. I am physically attractive and feminine and love to show off my feminintey. I workout alot to stay in shape and would prefer to loss my mind over my beauty.

That all seem a lot for one post. I would love to hear other comments.

Sarah

The weird part?
Our ISFP shadow is like Angelina Jolie... seducing everybody :) So yeah, physical appearance is kinda important

For me its most important because my experience is that no one really knows who I am ('inside doesnt matter') so all they really see is what you look like and what you do. Your physical appearance.
So I'm perfectionistic.
Although I just... I just want to look a little bit better than average, and everything around me always has to be perfect (I clean alot:p), so that's vanity for ya right there.

LeonardoLestat

MBTI Type
ENTJ
ESJ is all about organizing for organization's sake. ENJ isn't. I dont make my bed because there is no fricken point. Its a stupid tradition that serves no purpose (thats Je/Ni vs JeSi for you)

I make my bed.
If I don't make my bed, I get angry at myself and force myself to do it anyways.

I'm really compulsive and annoying by the way :D

LeonardoLestat

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Yeah, basically.

My place is largely very clean and everything's put in its place, but I can't see myself neatly arranging my bed covers every day. Just seems like a waste of time unless I need it to look presentable.

Although.. for the most part, it's still probably not a bad analogy for comparing J and P.

When I get stressed out, cleaning+putting things in its place+perfectioning things becomes my way of coping; I have to do it, there's no choice!
Because spots/stains distract my attention, I want everything to be perfect.