• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] INTJ humor

chelsea_june

MBTI Type
xNTJ
Love INTJ humor myself, so dry and sarcastic, most of the time. The interaction between Edgar and 01011010 is a great example. The jokes I personally tend to enjoy less are the ones you make about sensitive topics.

I like INTJ humor because for me, there are no "sensitive topics". INTJ humor: the more wrong and morbid, the funnier it is.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I like INTJ humor because for me, there are no "sensitive topics". INTJ humor: the more wrong and morbid, the funnier it is.

Yes.....its too funny. My friend is very comfortable with poking fun at his flaws, even if he doesn't feel the greatest about them.

Snoopy22

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I tend to mix sarcasim with a little bit of truth along with not using smiley faces. So I have no ideal if INTJs are even catching onto my jokes. With age, all life becomes a joke, God must have a sense of humor.

EmilyEccentric

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
My sense of humor is often very morbid and strange, which my ENTP little brother often engages in and scares the shit out of my ISFJ older brother.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
I respect morbid and sardonic humor a lot. But sometimes all there is to it is shock value.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
I respect morbid and sardonic humor a lot. But sometimes all there is to it is shock value.

True. I've noticed that some of the stuff INTJs call humor isn't really humor. It's a morbid observation said in the same tone as everything else they say. And then they act all surprised when you didn't "get it," because, after all, they had pegged you as smart. No, I got that it was a weird thing to say...you just didn't go far enough for it to be an actual joke. In order to do deadpan, you have to have the "over-the-top" element. There are obviously exceptions, but a lot of INTJs are more unintentionally funny than funny in earnest.

This isn't meant to be a dig on INTJs--just kind of explains why their humor isn't reaching other types like they want it to be. For instance, the Ethopian joke--it just feels like there should be more to it, something that makes it more clever than just "Get it? They don't have any food over there!" It needs a more original way to get that point across. Sometimes just the observation isn't enough.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
True. I've noticed that some of the stuff INTJs call humor isn't really humor. It's a morbid observation said in the same tone as everything else they say. And then they act all surprised when you didn't "get it," because, after all, they had pegged you as smart. No, I got that it was a weird thing to say...you just didn't go far enough for it to be an actual joke. In order to do deadpan, you have to have the "over-the-top" element. There are obviously exceptions, but a lot of INTJs are more unintentionally funny than funny in earnest.

This isn't meant to be a dig on INTJs--just kind of explains why their humor isn't reaching other types like they want it to be. For instance, the Ethopian joke--it just feels like there should be more to it, something that makes it more clever than just "Get it? They don't have any food over there!" It needs a more original way to get that point across. Sometimes just the observation isn't enough.

Definitely. I'd like to hear the INTJ defense of this though.

Shaula

Te > Fi > Ni
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5

I'm going to have to agree with this. The problem is to INTJs the morbid observation IS the joke. For some reason we just find morbid things funny. It doesn't even have to be a joke. It could be something very serious and we might laugh. For example, assuming empathy doesn't interfere I could find a book about genocide absolutely hilarious. What INTJs don't usually understand is that most other types don't think like this. So it's kind of a hit or a miss for an INTJ to tell a joke.

In my opinion, an INTJ needs to understand the theory of making a good joke before they can really do so consistently. I've noticed that INTJs pay a lot of attention to the shock factor but forget the fundamental rule that a joke isn't funny unless it's told right. Remember INTJs: The funniest element of a joke is the setup, not the content. We need to understand that comedy is the art of trickery and deception.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
I'm going to have to agree with this. The problem is to INTJs the morbid observation IS the joke. For some reason we just find morbid things funny. It doesn't even have to be a joke. It could be something very serious and we might laugh. For example, assuming empathy doesn't interfere I could find a book about genocide absolutely hilarious. What INTJs don't usually understand is that most other types don't think like this. So it's kind of a hit or a miss for an INTJ to tell a joke.

In my opinion, an INTJ needs to understand the theory of making a good joke before they can really do so consistently. I've noticed that INTJs pay a lot of attention to the shock factor but forget the fundamental rule that a joke isn't funny unless it's told right. Remember INTJs: The funniest element of a joke is the setup, not the content. We need to understand that comedy is the art of trickery and deception.

I think when INTJs mix a morbid observation with a bit of wit, that's a legitimate joke. But just a morbid observation alone is cheap (unless timing is perfect), especially if you've been around the person for a while, and there is no more "surprise" factor to it, like the first couple times you heard it.

deleted
My INTP friend always says what a weird sense of humor I have.

Humor? I didn't know I have a sense of humor.

I guess the more evil an INTJ, the more their humor comes alive.

Thus I am evil from his point of view. Something I knew nothing about.

I do make jokes that I believe to be quite hilarious on occasion, but no one including me laughs. Isn't that the point of a joke, that's so funny I forgot to laugh?

I do laugh in random circumstance, but I doubt it is my humor causing it.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
My jokes are not design to be funny. At least not to average people.

When I tell a "joke" my intention is not to make people laugh and if someone does, that is even better. It is just that I like to shock people from time to time and watch reactions. Plus, because of the introversion I have the element of suprise what makes it even more interesting.

deleted
Element of surprise is one of my greatest advantages, because I am the most introverted person I know.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Few days ago I shocked my old grandmother. She fell so she has a giant bruise on one side of her head.

Since she was so full of enthusiasm I have figured out that she is testing me.

Grandmother: Come here and look at it. Isn't it wonderful ?:D
Me: If you like I can make you another one like that from the other side :devil:

You should see her face.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Few days ago I shocked my old grandmother. She fell so she has a giant bruise on one side of her head.

Since she was so full of enthusiasm I have figured out that she is testing me.

Grandmother: Come here and look at it. Isn't it wonderful ?:D
Me: If you like I can make you another one like that from the other side :devil:

You should see her face.

:ohmy:

So what did her face look like after you were done?

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I didn't do anything to physically hurt her. It is just that she served herself on a plate. She knows how my jokes look like so it wasn't that bad.

This dear readers, is an example of humour miscommunication.

I saw your joke Anti and went with it ;)

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
This dear readers, is an example of humour miscommunication.

I saw your joke Anti and went with it ;)

I know, since it was a short qustion that fits on my post quite well.
The thing is that many people in real life think that I could do things I say.
So I decided to explain myself rather then diging myself in this.