• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] INTJ humor

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
Me: Have you ever had Ethiopian food?
Friend: No.
Me: Neither have they.
what was your reaction to that? I'd have let out a "ha". One INTJ I know would have added had he been challenged by a feeler, that most of those people shouldn't have been born anyway.

INTJ's are fun. When my husband and I were newly married, my mother bought us a cooler (why I have no idea). Husbands first comment went something like this, "wow, you could fit a body in there if it were cut up and positioned properly." It freaked me out at the time, but now wouldn't phase me. He also freaked out an ESFJ friend of mine by asking me in front of her if I've seen his ball cock. He was fixing the upstairs toilet :laugh:

MBTI Type
INxJ
Me: Have you ever had Ethiopian food?
Friend: No.
Me: Neither have they.

lol

There's actually an Ethiopian restaurant downtown. Anytime I pass it with a friend, we joke that they probably serve government issued rice and salt.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
LOL, I can tell most of you don't live in an East Coast city. You'd never get to the punchline, as people would begin arguing which Ethiopian restaurant is the best!

Hendo Barbarosa

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
See, I think the reason I chuckled at that was because of the verbal trick of it, how it played with the system of english. Also what happens if they have had ethiopian food?

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
See, I think the reason I chuckled at that was because of the verbal trick of it, how it played with the system of english. Also what happens if they have had ethiopian food?

I couldn't help but notice that you've broken down the joke based on it's verbal mechanics and then asked a rhetorical question.

You wouldn't happen to be an INTP by any chance, would you?

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I find i'm the only one who gets/uses INTJ humor
its sad sense its very funny

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
INTJ humor is the poor man's version of INTP humor.

Metamorphosis

MBTI Type
INTJ
I think there's a difference between humor around people we're totally comfortable with and our humor around other people. In the former case, most people haven't ever witnessed it and it's actually funny sometimes. I know I normally make people work for it, though...it may require some thought to get the joke, or it's just ridiculously debaucherous. In the latter case, though, I think we just use sarcasm/dry humor/whatever because it's the safest form of humor.

silversun

MBTI Type
INTJ
Question: How many West Virginians does it take to screw in a light bulb?
Answer: None, because they don't have electricity.
I made up that joke, I swear.

Here's one from the Daily Show book.
Best of Middle Eastern Humor!
A priest, rabbi, and an Imam walk into a bar.
All are offended by what they see.

Last edited: