• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] If you had to be an NF, which type would you be

Which NF type would you choose?

• ENFP

Votes: 57 32.0%
  • INFP

Votes: 36 20.2%
  • ENFJ

Votes: 40 22.5%
  • INFJ

Votes: 45 25.3%

• Total voters

sonata

MBTI Type
iNtJ
I guess I'm a loser. :D I picked ENFJ, because I'd like to keep my Ni, I've always sort of wanted to be more extraverted, and those ENFJ mind-powers seem pretty cool. I also happen to know an ENFJ that's pretty balanced and very funny. So I'll be one like that, heh. Not sure what I'd do with all that Fe, but it could come in handy. Making people happy and all that.

xNFPs, I have a lot of love for you all but I cannot picture myself as one of you. This is probably why I find a lot of what you guys come up with both ridiculous and intriguing. ;)

G-Virus

Broud Balestinian
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
This is wierd, why does everyone want to be either an ENTP or an ENFP?

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Because Ne-primaries seem so bullet-proof.

Spartacuss

wholly charmed
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Never mind the suspect poll; I'd much rather be ENFJ.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
According to socionics they have Fi primary

brilliantwomble

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
INFP, mostly because I would never give up being introverted or perceiving. Being extraverted could be fun, but I think I would get myself into a lot more trouble. However, as an NF instead of an NT perhaps I wouldn't have as many malicious thoughts to hide... but no, I would still choose to be an introvert, it's both a blessing and a curse as is being perceiving, but I like it regardless.

Jeremy

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
I would choose to be an XXXX. Then I would destroy the universe.

Oh wait. This is for NT's. Carry on good folks.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
xNFJ.

It depends on whether I'd feel like exploring my own solitary life or just being socially engaged all the time as to whether I'd do the I or E thing.

It would just be cool for once to have convictions and get closure on things more regularly.

Scott

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9/5?
This is hard. If I could be any other type it would probably be ENTP, though I'll admit I was disappointed in the other thread that ENTPs are in first and INTPs are in last. I guess want for self-affirmation wins the day.

For NF types though, while some extroversion would definitely be nice (and that previously-mentioned Ne quality of seeming bullet-proof), I think I'd have to go with one off the introvert types. I've just had too much experience with EFs confidently expressing themselves in thinking terms, but without any of the real backing that a T has. Which, for me, can be quite frustrating, particularly when EFs get listened to more and generally tend to have more social weight than we INTPs.

I love both INFPs and INFJs, so I'd be happy either way. In each case it kinda depends on the sort of INFP or INFJ I would be. I'd really love some certainty, which leads me in the direction of INFJ, and I like the whole Fe/Ti thing, but I think ultimately I'm going to choose INFP. I love NP conversations way too much to give them up. And while J might help with actually doing things and getting things done, I prefer P for the process.

So my order of preference would probably be:
INFP
INFJ
ENFP
ENFJ

But it's close.

Last edited:

Scott

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9/5?
And now I'm second-guessing myself... Maybe I should have picked INFJ. IME, they might be more consistently great...

Of course then, had I done that I probably wouldn't be sitting here second-guessing myself...

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This is hard. If I could be any other type it would probably be ENTP, though I'll admit I was disappointed in the other thread that ENTPs are in first and INTPs are in last. I guess want for self-affirmation wins the day.

For NF types though, while some extroversion would definitely be nice (and that previously-mentioned Ne quality of seeming bullet-proof), I think I'd have to go with one off the introvert types. I've just had too much experience with EFs confidently expressing themselves in thinking terms, but without any of the real backing that a T has. Which, for me, can be quite frustrating, particularly when EFs get listened to more and generally tend to have more social weight than we INTPs.

I love both INFPs and INFJs, so I'd be happy either way. In each case it kinda depends on the sort of INFP or INFJ I would be. I'd really love some certainly, which leads me in the direction of INFJ, and I like the whole Fe/Ti thing, but I think ultimately I'm going to choose INFP. I love NP conversations way too much to give them up. And while J might help with actually doing things and getting things done, I prefer P for the process.

So my order of preference would probably be:
INFP
INFJ
ENFP
ENFJ

But it's close.

i don't know why but your answer was really funny...maybe it's the wine...but YEAH!! np conversations ftw!! haha :D

placebo

MBTI Type
INFP
Hey the poll is pretty even... Es get a bit more preference, but hey looks like NFs just totally rock in general :D

Scott

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9/5?
Hey the poll is pretty even... Es get a bit more preference, but hey looks like NFs just totally rock in general :D

They do indeed :wubbie:

i don't know why but your answer was really funny...maybe it's the wine...but YEAH!! np conversations ftw!! haha :D

I don't know why either, but I'll take it! Now we just need to get busy filling the world with more np conversations and wine... we'll start tomorrow!

... Er... tomorrow's Christmas, maybe we can start the next day... or sometime after the New Year... I'm sure it'll happen.

(Well, it's a nice idea)

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^^ haha...yes...one of these days there will be lots of them and no one else will have a clue what we are talking about and it will be freakin fantastic! whoohoo. :D

Scott

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9/5?
^^ Oh yeah, that's the best part. Somehow, I'm still disappointed and somewhat surprised when other people think my np friends and I are crazy after hearing our np conversations or trying to be a part of them. I guess that Ne just comes so naturally for us that it's hard to imagine other people not seeing the connections that seem to obvious and almost on the surface for us (yeah ok, I might be something of an np elitist... what of it?). We're just great.

I tell you, if NPs ruled the world...... ok, on second thought - if the people who ruled the world got frustrated enough at NPs that they provided for our basic needs (which would naturally include things like, say, internet, and other curiosity-satiating things) and put us all together on our own happy island (or small continent, as the case may be), so that they could go on and do whatever it is they want to do with the rest of the world without hearing from us... then, the world might be a better place (albeit a place with one strange continent that somewhat drains the rest of the world's supplies of things like basic resources, run-on sentences and parenthetical clauses)

(Also... sorry if I'm a touch off-topic, or only tangentially on topic... I'll promise to not derail further :) )

Last edited:

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
IDIOT is no opinion therefore I rather choose to not to be