• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] ENTPs Why

Eldanen

Arcesso pulli gingerios!
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
It's because you're following in the footsteps of Einstein.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I do this shit, too. -_- And this whole "reinventing the wheel" thing is driving me nuts. I've said about a hundred really clever things, only to get references to whoever beat me to it :D

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
If you keep coming up with other people's ideas, perhaps you'd make a better writer than engineer.

redacted

I do this too, it's quite annoying.

Especially in my classes. I always learn some theories at the beginning, form an overarching one that explains more, and then hear my exact theory repeated back to me at the end of a class. Worse, some of them have been published in the last few years.

I need to be a professor.

The problem is, if you can come up with something, most likely someone else has come up with it already...unless you are incredibly specialized, incredibly smart, incredibly lucky, or some combination of the three.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
This is an anthrapolical thing, ideas are usually created in multiple heads at the same time.

I was reading a book recently called the Art of Looking Sideways - probbaly written by an ENTP, because it isn't a normal book, more like a scrap book of thoughts.

Presumably even Blue Tits (birds) learn collectively. In one part of the UK some of them learned to peck milk bottle tops off on the door step in order to drink the milk, a few weeks later birds in other parts of the UK started doing the same thing, it's unlikely to be communicated because Blue tits don't like to travel.

So you are no different to the birds, ideas are generated by stimulus, with media culture we are often exposed to similar stimulus and problems that generate similar solutions.

Not worth concering yours with - ENTPs are arguably improvers rather than purist inventors (the outcome is ultimately invention).

Keep creating

Lis :)

563 740

MBTI Type
ENTP
Even your idea about aping others' ideas is aped:

comic2-1384.png

:D

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
ALWAYS
Most of the things I know I basically found them out on my own and THEN I google it with a cynical smile as I know somebody else probably studied it.

The issue is, back in the 19th \ early 20th century, u had like, 40 physicists on the freaking planet for example, now? Millions!

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
Actually people with strong Ni had the most original ideas. Ne does nothing but link ideas to more ideas, turning it into a shitstorm. Most good ideas come from INTJ i think.

CJ99

Is Willard in Footloose!!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Actually people with strong Ni had the most original ideas. Ne does nothing but link ideas to more ideas, turning it into a shitstorm. Most good ideas come from INTJ i think.

Does that make me a master inventor because my 3 top functions are Ti, Ne and Ni in that order?
So i can make new ideas, develop others ideas and tell whether ideas work!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock::huh::cheese::D