• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Defining Moments in the making of an NT.

Lexlike

MBTI Type
InTP
Enneagram
4w5
I was always drawn to myself, even in the kindergarten, while this makes me an introvert, it does not make me NT...
The NT- moments were in my ealry childhood as i was obsessed with cars i was drawing them, giving them names and fictional data , creating fictional companies etc. i was also creating own soccer leagues, teams with fictional player etc... i quit all that quiet long ago, now i m drawn to making pictures, especially portraits...

murkrow

Branded with Satan
MBTI Type
INTJ
I was always drawn to myself, even in the kindergarten, while this makes me an introvert, it does not make me NT...
The NT- moments were in my ealry childhood as i was obsessed with cars i was drawing them, giving them names and fictional data , creating fictional companies etc. i was also creating own soccer leagues, teams with fictional player etc... i quit all that quiet long ago, now i m drawn to making pictures, especially portraits...

That's actually just very N, it could easily be NF.

I remember getting in an argument with some adults at a house party about how white is the combination of all colours and black is the absence, they had an encyclopedia to support their claim that black was the combination but I still refused to accept it.

Lexlike

MBTI Type
InTP
Enneagram
4w5
That's actually just very N, it could easily be NF.

QUOTE]

So true. I always question myself being either a feeler or thinker ... propably time will tell and i ll change through life, like all do.
btw: i´m ennegram type 5-1 -9.
as a young teenager i prefered reading books like nietsche s zarathustra, machiavelli or from tolstoy, schiller etc. instead of going out and meeting friends etc. When i was 16 i could not sleep because i really wanted to figure out if there is life after death, searching the internet like a madman....
i think thats making me basically an NT.... on the other hand i had certainly many "moments" or situation that show my NF side

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My mom tells me my teachers in pre-school said I built bridges using blocks. Starting when I was like maybe 9 I took lots of different things apart and put them back together. Fixed a friend's portable radio. Built working model airplanes and cars. One time when maybe 11 I disassembled my father's SLR camera. He wasn't too happy about that lol. I guess my experience has probably been a general fascination with mechanical things progressing to more complexity, more than one moment or event. First professional job entailed a lot of mechanical complexity and it was an awesome learning curve designing new things while working to wrap the mind around it all. So I guess it's the good stress of a challenge moreso.

Fleeting

MBTI Type
ENTP
I think I remember the exact moment when everything changed for me.

I loved being read to, and one night, I was 8, my mom decided to read one of the 'adult' books from the bookshelf to me. It was a fantasy book, lol. But, I was really excited that I understood it. We only got through one chapter, and she got bored, but I begged her to read it. And she said, ''No, I'm busy now. Read it yourself.''

So I did.

And a genius was born, mwa hahaha.

xisnotx

Permabanned
I don't know that one moment of sudden clarity ever existed for me...just a gradual evaluation of my personality that lead to the conclusion that I was in all likelihood an intp. I actually took the "official" test in school...and it was my first result. I wasn't really satisfied with it...so I explored the alternatives. Finally I just settled for intp as it was the type that described me best, in my opinion at least.

Some moments that reflect that from my life:

-I remember thinking religion was hogwash when I was around nine or ten. I'd challenge the nuns in Sunday school until I was taken aside by one and told that I was disrupting the class...and any of the questions I had should be directed towards her personally from then on. That was around the time I became atheist. (Which I no longer am..)
-In high school, I realized I was a lot more competent at school than a lot of people...without giving too much of an effort.
-My biggest concern in high school was Physics...I'd read Physics because "it was fun". Notice I didn't say "study"...to me it was just an interesting book.
-I'd steal my dads programming books and try to read them at the dead of night. I must have been around five or six.
-I went through many philosophical stages...without knowing what they were. Nihilism, Existentialism, Solipsism (my most recent one, actually). I'd think about "what if" and try to form a doctrine of thought based on that assumption...only to discover someone prior had already thought of it...and expanded on it quite comprehensively...better than I ever could.
-I think what broke my interest in Physics was stumbling on the whole "it's all relative" concept. I'd sit in a car and wonder just how fast we were going. I'd throw this ball up and down in all different directions in the car...quizzing everyone as to what exactly it was doing. Was it going "up and down" or was it "traveling in an arc"? etc etc. Annoyed my family a lot lol. ...finally someone sat me down and made me read Einsteins theories...which largely flew over my head...but I was angry that he had already solved a puzzle I thought I was well on my way to solving...
-Only recently have I even begun to admit that I do have emotions...and they are as significant as anything. Took me 21 years to do so...to admit I was "feeling happy". Probably my biggest accomplishment to date...

herbpixie

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
In second grade, I got into a heated argument with the substitute teacher over a quiz. The quiz question was, "Which is correct: 'I could care less,' or 'I couldn't care less?'" It was the only question I missed, and the answer is obviously the second. I was baffled that she didn't understand she was wrong, even after I logically explained it. I had the entire class behind me. If I'd been just a little older, I probably would have ended up staging a coup in class.

Owlesque

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
When I was in grade one, at around Christmas time I asked my mom why McDonald's had a toy donation box if Santa was supposed to take care of getting toys for everyone. My mom told me the truth about it as well as the easter bunny, etc., and I then proceeded to "enlighten" the rest of my classmates with my reasoning the next day, which ended in at least one of them in tears and a parent telling me I had a black heart.

I also developed somewhat of an appreciation for questioning (or at least scrutinizing) authority in grade school after having things marked incorrectly for grammar/word usage, when I was in fact correct.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Dutch Santa Clause variant = Sinterklaas.

When my school told the class Sinterklaas was not real (not sure my exact age, about 5 I think), I went home angry to my mom saying that I could no longer trust her and wanted a new mom.

I think that is pretty NT. :tongue:

Owlesque

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Dutch Santa Clause variant = Sinterklaas.

When my school told the class Sinterklaas was not real (not sure my exact age, about 5 I think), I went home angry to my mom saying that I could no longer trust her and wanted a new mom.

I think that is pretty NT. :tongue:

NT gold. You win!

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
As a kid I was into solving puzzles of all types- math, word, jigsaw, you name it. I would try to come up with puzzles that I thought would stump other people and then challenged them to solve it.

W

WALMART

In kinder, when people would brag about the depth of water they could swim in.

To detail the absurdity of their conversation I told them I could swim in 100 foot deep water. They called me a liar, and from that day on I've written the majority of people off as willfully ignorant.

Musicallogic

MBTI Type
INTP
As a young child (I don't remember 5ish?) when I informed my mom's friend that "sunrise" is a dumb word because the Earth moves relative to the sun, not the other way around.

Wolfie

MBTI Type
xNxx
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so
I'm not really an NT, but my first great passion was astronomy at age 13. My bedroom was filled with posters of galaxies, the moon, solar system, the 'known universe'. I would look through my telescope every evening. My mother bought me two astronomy books for Christmas that were my most valued possessions. I never made many close friends at school. Most of the girls were giggling about boys. I had some long-term crushes even as a child, but never got involved with the fleeting social attachments that more emotionally driven kids did.

As a teenager, i dealt with emotional scars from childhood. I solved the problem of personal emotional crisis by switching my thinking to analyze something completely detached. I learned to use analysis and reason as a tool to cope with emotional pain imposed on me from my environment.

It's not so much a moment, but a process that led me to value objectivity. My mother, sister, and brother have all wrestled with very strong feelings and subjective reasoning. They are all deeply kind people, but have gotten attached to and hurt by some very malicious people. I'm the youngest, but observing this dynamic, I determined to stay detached and aware. My mind and its ability to reason is my greatest asset. I determined to marry the most logical, clear thinking man I could find, and I did exactly that. This has enabled me to be a source of objectivity for my dear family who often fall into the trap of dark, hopeless subjectivity. My mother typically leaves our conversations with a sense of reassurance and balance. She has also chosen me to be the one to make the tough calls if she is ever incapacitated. She trusts in my clarity of thought.

Wow, I loved reading this. Sounds eerily similar to my own experience!

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I always hated it when I was working on some project or puzzle and have a moment of frustration and someone would ask me if I wanted some help and I'd turn it down because even though I was frustrated, I was determined to solve it. As an NT, a major source of self-esteem for me is my ability to be self-sufficient and solve problems ingeniously on my own. I thought, that if I had to get some assistance, it's not like I truly solved it.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I always hated it when I was working on some project or puzzle and have a moment of frustration and someone would ask me if I wanted some help and I'd turn it down because even though I was frustrated, I was determined to solve it. As an NT, a major source of self-esteem for me is my ability to be self-sufficient and solve problems ingeniously on my own. I thought, that if I had to get some assistance, it's not like I truly solved it.

I can relate to that. However it went beyond this for me, because I found it lame if other people didn't figure things out completely by themselves, and so I never really helped people with homework. Or gave as little info as possible so the other person learned I wasn't someone to ask for homework help. :laugh: (the other piece to this was that I did not want to be 'used', so didn't want people to get the idea I was going to do their homework for them or give them the answers)