• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] you know you are a NT when..

norepinephrine

MBTI Type
INTP
You know you're an NT when you are reading something in the news that you aren't familiar with and then, overwhelmed by the thought that you SHOULD know what this is, you end up on Wikipedia where you read the main article first and get lost in a plethora of clicking, backing up, clicking again on something else, backtracking again, clicking three times reading up on new, linked topics and suddenly you feel the need to start mapping out where you've been so you dont forget to backtrack to something you were interested in and meant to go back to....

Two hours later you close the browser window feeling like you just had sex.

The irritating segue. Quite possibly the motivating force behind most of the technological advances throughout history. [Read months/years in place of hours]

Sachetan

MBTI Type
ENTP
you know you are a NT because - 'you are powerful, smart, brilliant, clever etc only as long as your emotions don't take control of you' / as long as you don't pay attention to your own emotions.

and i think NTs are the most vulnerable to their own emotions. they just don't know what to do with it. i think that should be another point.

I've found this to be very true in my life. For years I though that I (ENTP) was more emotional than others, since I had so many "disturbing feelings". Since then I've realized that I felt that way since I didn't like/accept the feeling side of me. I simply couldn't handle that part.

Same goes with my NT friends. One ENTJ, who's a real go-getter, really sees himself as a very sensitive person but all his decisions are based on achieving his professional goals. He's got a splendid career but no luck in love or relationships.

So, you're an NT when you don't know what to do with your feelings...

Ardea

o edward cullen!
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I've found this to be very true in my life. For years I though that I (ENTP) was more emotional than others, since I had so many "disturbing feelings". Since then I've realized that I felt that way since I didn't like/accept the feeling side of me. I simply couldn't handle that part.

Same goes with my NT friends. One ENTJ, who's a real go-getter, really sees himself as a very sensitive person but all his decisions are based on achieving his professional goals. He's got a splendid career but no luck in love or relationships.

A. Use them for your advantage.
B. Identify, eliminate.
C. Ignore.

R

Riva

You know you're an NT when you are reading something in the news that you aren't familiar with and then, overwhelmed by the thought that you SHOULD know what this is, you end up on Wikipedia where you read the main article first and get lost in a plethora of clicking, backing up, clicking again on something else, backtracking again, clicking three times reading up on new, linked topics and suddenly you feel the need to start mapping out where you've been so you dont forget to backtrack to something you were interested in and meant to go back to....

this is so freaking true. damn you. how come i missed that one?

ZiL

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
567?
really sees himself as a very sensitive person...

YESSSS! I think of myself in a similar manner, but when I'm face to face with the person, staring down the demon of emotional expression...

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
You're an ENTP when you have to exlain every last little detail of a creative concept to an SJ who doesn't have afriggin clue what the hell a concepts it....

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh

L

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
You're an ENTP when you have to exlain every last little detail of a creative concept to an SJ who doesn't have afriggin clue what the hell a concepts it....

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh

L

While the SJ is the one, whose wife you fucked and who is holding the cord to your guillotine as you speak :D

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Hey! I do that too. :boggle: That really an ENTP thing? Hrmm.

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4

You know you're an NT when your life can be explained by an xkcd comic:

the_problem_with_wikipedia.png

colourscientist

I would change that to:

INTP - People think that you know everything, but really you've just been bluffing the entire time, every second of the day you feel like an intellectual imposter and every social interaction is fraught with the possibility of being exposed as the fraud you richly deserve to be exposed as, so you minimise these occurrences at the expense of your already tenuous purchase on reality by keeping to yourself in a dimly lit room constantly rambling so you can't hear the one pure thought that runs through your mind on a continual loop that says, "You're nothing, you're unintelligent and unobservant and you should be spending your time packing groceries rather than aspiring to high hierarchical positions in a rich fantasy world of your choosing."

...but you finally calm down realizing that you couldn't care less about being honest in a world that's too dumb to recognize frauds.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
...you get all the answers right on Cash Cab.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You know youre an NT when you have a conversation with someone, not for the company, but to study the interaction as youre having it.

You know youre an NT if youve spent a good portion of your life warning someone about something, being ignored, only to be told you were right a month after the fact. :doh:

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
You know you're an NT when you're simply better than everyone else.

You know you're an NT you've at least had the URGE to do calculus for fun.