• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] ENTP Therapist?

Gabe

MBTI Type
ENTP
John Beebe has a private practice in San Fransisco.

And believes that Jung had INTJ preferences.

I don't know why people don't think "T"s could be good therapists.

I think any function could contribute to therapy.

T

ThatGirl

Walk in to my therapy clinic and walk out with a solution a lolliepop, and an entirely reconstructed mental system that you will need a manual to operate.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
Walk in to my therapy clinic and walk out with a solution a lolliepop, and an entirely reconstructed mental system that you will need a manual to operate.

And don't forget the free cocktail.

T

ThatGirl

You mistake my overwhelming kindness for generosity.

ThatGirl INC byob

Jae Rae

Free-Rangin' Librarian
MBTI Type
INFJ
Synarch, you might be happier in another profession like professional coach or business consultant where you're less likely to hit emotion. I had an ENTP friend who was an excellent coach. He's great at problem solving, loves talking and working with people and is very encouraging.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
Synarch, you might be happier in another profession like professional coach or business consultant where you're less likely to hit emotion. I had an ENTP friend who was an excellent coach. He's great at problem solving, loves talking and working with people and is very encouraging.

I have actually considered that because I don't see why I should go back to school for something I am already pretty good at.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
When I do my periodic life course correction I think about different careers. Lately, I have been looking at being a therapist (or an attorney). The thing I like about being a therapist is helping people overcome and optimize as people, to get what they want and need out of life. I am aloof enough not to get too involved personally, analytical enough with enough emotional intelligence to wade into chthonic emotional waters, and I am very interested in people.

Do you think ENTP's could make successful therapists? Do you know of any?

seriously, LMAO. but good luck on your dream though. If I was a threapist most of my patients would probably end up commiting suicide,:cheese:

Therapist is a helping profession, but i would most likely fuck with people's minds if i have a chance. But then, mind fucking is always a good way to help people.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
seriously, LMAO. but good luck on your dream though. If I was a threapist most of my patients would probably end up commiting suicide,:cheese:

Therapist is a helping profession, but i would most likely fuck with people's minds if i have a chance. But then, mind fucking is always a good way to help people.

How would you fuck with someone's mind?

Fiver

MBTI Type
ENTP
As a T, I'm not sure if I would relate to an F therapist. So Synarch, maybe you would be the perfect therapist for someone like me.

I do think being a life coach would be cool, and have considered it myself, it just seems a little trendy.

ArchitectofFate

MBTI Type
ENTP
every type has a different thing to put on the table

Fs provide compassion, while Ts contribute directions

Eldanen

Arcesso pulli gingerios!
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
"Tell me about this affair. What sexual acts did you perform with this other man?"

*squishing noises under the desk*

ZiL

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
567?
I can understand where this interest in therapy comes from. I love trying to understand others' problems myself - it's a problem-solver's delight.

The issue, as some have may have mentioned, is the whole "dealing with and giving back emotional response." I can give possible solutions to the problem, but if someone starts crying, it's over, lol.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
"Tell me about this affair. What sexual acts did you perform with this other man?"

*squishing noises under the desk*

That is part of the attraction.

I can understand where this interest in therapy comes from. I love trying to understand others' problems myself - it's a problem-solver's delight.

The issue, as some have may have mentioned, is the whole "dealing with and giving back emotional response." I can give possible solutions to the problem, but if someone starts crying, it's over, lol.

Yes, I like solving people problems. I enjoy crisis. Crying does not bother me. It is cleansing if genuine. You have to feel before you can feel better.