• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] I am too skeptic

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
No, I am not too "skeptic" for my own good.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
I dunno Orangey, if that is your real name, can one even be too skeptic for their own good?

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
If you can, I don't know what it looks like.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
Know what?
We can ask Dr. Darwin whether one can be too skeptic for his own good.

Hold on a moment while I get him on his cell phone.
His ringtone for me is "Number One" by Eminem. We go way back.

Oh good it's ringing.

Yeap. He said it's impossible.
Looks like you're in the clear Nihilen.

redacted

Know what?
We can ask Dr. Darwin whether one can be too skeptic for his own good.

Hold on a moment while I get him on his cell phone.
His ringtone for me is "Number One" by Eminem. We go way back.

Oh good it's ringing.

Yeap. He said it's impossible.

Nah. Darwin told me that if someone was TOO skeptical, they might not be convinced that the pros of having sex outweigh the cons.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
What is this an abstinence class?

In the first place Evan, it's skeptic. Ok? Get the terminologues right.
Secondly, and probably more importantly, what you have to say doesn't disagree with what I said.

redacted

What is this an abstinence class?

In the first place Evan, it's skeptic. Ok? Get the terminologues right.
Secondly, and probably more importantly, what you have to say doesn't disagree with what I said.

My point was that if someone was very skeptical, they could say "I've heard all these people saying sex is awesome. But I don't believe them. Sounds lame."

And there go their genes.

Or if they're like "I've heard all these people saying that if I stabbed myself in the neck, I couldn't breathe anymore. That's probably bullshit. Watch; I'll show them!"

And there go their genes.

So I think it's possible to be too skeptical.

(If we're disagreeing on some definition, I don't care. I'm sure you get my point.)

Nihilen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
I dunno Orangey, if that is your real name, can one even be too skeptic for their own good?

obama_yes_we_can.jpg

Willfrey

MBTI Type
IsTP
Pessimism, skepticism, and the like are a good function. I'm often vilified for being negative inside the company I work for, picking apart plans. There are many occasions that validate my careful approach to anything our horribly extroverted/feeling marketing guy presents.

Your INTP glass may always be half empty, but the empty side is always on top.

nozflubber

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
MBTI Type
Hype
That's what happens to people who get too skeptical...they rob themselves of self-confidence because they only see the problems with themselves, or with their competence.

That or they end up paranoid schizophrenic from trying to solve the Dream Hypothesis....

SOLVE IT EDAHN, U CAN DO IT

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I feel that way too, I'm find myself always questioning things, and I get annoyed when people assume things, because it shows how naive they are. I am always prepared for the unexpected, and I know how deceiving things can be. I'm not too sure of anything these days..

MBTI Type
INxJ
I don't trust anyone completely. Ever. That's watching out for number one. Nothing more.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I don't trust anyone completely. Ever. That's watching out for number one. Nothing more.

*nods* I get this completely. I didn't see it as a flaw until fairly recently either.