• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NTs and God

Ishida

MBTI Type
INTJ
Pink rainbow unicorns huh? Is it to that we owe account of our existence? People believe God as an eternal being who created the universe and life. What the hell is a pink magical rainbow unicorn? Are you some kind of troll?

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Na, it really makes sense.
And comparativly the documentation and witnesses should be enough to put unicorns in the same category than, for example, the christian god.

I dont see the relation with trolling.

Look, if I say, there's an invisible, untouchable unicorn right here, right now. WHO are you to judge the reality of my statement. For Religious beliefs don't have to be backed by empirical evidences and I'm free to believe whatever I want.

Maybe I should create a church and spread the word... I'm often thinking about that, people need to be saved you know.

Mycroft

The elder Holmes
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Pink rainbow unicorns huh? Is it to that we owe account of our existence? People believe God as an eternal being who created the universe and life. What the hell is a pink magical rainbow unicorn? Are you some kind of troll?

Invisible pink unicorns, to be precise.

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
God is my fucking bitch.

Let me guess: years of feeling like ur surrounded by wierdos, tired of trying to make sense in a world where ppl would believe about anything is they could get confort out of it (freaking cowards!!)

yeah, that's the reason why i stopped respecting religious ppl. They've been torturing NTs for centuries.
Let's give them hell. (with a smile and alot of good arguments)

Bougal

HUZZAH!
MBTI Type
ENTP
I personally am a Christ follower, and I hold the belief that we will never know how our creation happened concretely. All we can do is form opinions based upon the information that has been presented to us, which is, lets face it, very incongruent. Quite simply, there are, and have been, billions of people in this world. As individuals, we are so insignificant in the scheme of human life, I wonder why we hold the belief that we can, and have the right to understand our creation. We pointlessly debate a question that can never be answered. Human knowledge is so limited. I personally live by faith, and not by tangible proof. As hard as it is to say, I don't NEED to know. It is very hard to describe what faith feels like, and it may appear to be restrictive upon lifestyles, but the passion one feels is so freeing and amazing. If I am wrong, I have nothing to lose. I simply die. If atheists are wrong, then they have a hell of a lot to pay for. Not a bet I'm willing to take.

Haha, I'll be the laughing stalk of NTs. Oh well.

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
but the passion one feels is so freeing and amazing. If I am wrong, I have nothing to lose. I simply die. If atheists are wrong, then they have a hell of a lot to pay for. Not a bet I'm willing to take.
Ow yeah, I forgot, the good and benevolant god will send me to hell for using my brain, which "he" gave me. Also god is so cool he've been HIDING on purpose for centuries so the scientific age wouldn't find him. How cool is that!
Also You just told us one of the tools of religion, Fear. "You will go to hell if you don't believe because god is good you idiot."
And Confort "Acht my life sucks people die but I will Go To Paraaadisee :huh:

But hey, I can relate when you say you cant explain. That's the very basis of religion

Haha, I'll be the laughing stalk of NTs. Oh well.
Wild guess but yeah

I'll stick to pink unicorns for now

Snowey1210

MBTI Type
ENTP
What do NTs think of God, and how do they relate to Him ?
Three Christian-culture NTs I know admit either indifference or little understanding of what they call "religion."

Is it possible for an NT to be interested in God ?

Well a NT is naturally inquisitive about the nature of the universe, so invariably they are always interested in how the concept of "GOD" fits into their particular schema. Personally I've been down that avenue, and currently don't necessarily believe in a personified autocratic religion, but instead view my own life, and own creation of meaning as an exercise in spirituality.

Science, truth, and evolution can all be (and are from my viewpoint) correct, but I'm still always using my own personal perceptions to determine their meaning within my world. It is in this construction of meaning that I believe spiritually to reside, as I can't help but feel an overwhelming sense of wonder everytime I gaze upon the open sea, or a power station. One can be spiritual without necessarily being religious, it's simply a matter of looking closer at what is around us in everyday life, and stopping to think about the scale, age, and uniqueness of it all.

God may or may not exist, but it doesn't mean I can't see spiritual wonder in everything.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
Three Christian-culture NTs I know admit either indifference or little understanding of what they call "religion."

I consider myself to be a fairly religious NT, although I used to be atheist. Of the religious NT's I've encountered I think what is common is that they don't "ride the fence" or believe half-heartedly. An NT is not going to attend religious services simply because that is what they've done their whole life. Instead it is important for them to work out the ideas of their faith to a greater degree than other types.

In contrast SJ's might attend religious services their whole life simply for the sake of tradition. They might not have much faith in God while doing so. An NT is going to have want to have more well defined beliefs and have their behaviour follow naturally from those beliefs.

LostInNerSpace

MBTI Type
INTP
In contrast SJ's might attend religious services their whole life simply for the sake of tradition. They might not have much faith in God while doing so. An NT is going to have want to have more well defined beliefs and have their behaviour follow naturally from those beliefs.

Don't know if it's just me, but whenever I see an SJ talk about God it seems to me as if they are spilling NF all over the place.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
Don't know if it's just me, but whenever I see an SJ talk about God it seems to me as if they are spilling NF all over the place.

I think it depends on who you talk to. There are a fair amount of SJ's who don't really see much distinction between faith and tradition. I have also encountered other SJ's though that value tradition, but understand that it is something entirely different from faith.

Mycroft

The elder Holmes
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I consider myself to be a fairly religious NT, although I used to be atheist.

...then you caught an untreatable case of middleageitis, causing you to believe that justifying whatever fairy-tales made you feel most comfortable as you stared down the barrel of the Decline was preferable to the alternative objectivity alone would have you face.

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6

Possible but unlikely.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
...then you caught an untreatable case of middleageitis, causing you to believe that justifying whatever fairy-tales made you feel most comfortable as you stared down the barrel of the Decline was preferable to the alternative objectivity alone would have you face.

Heh, well I wouldn't put it like that. I'd say I believe the Bible because it proved to me that it is true. It says that if I believe in Jesus I'll be transformed and that is exactly what happened. It's message actually works, so that makes it hard not to believe.

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
you might as well believe in drugs then.

Mycroft

The elder Holmes
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Heh, well I wouldn't put it like that. I'd say I believe the Bible because it proved to me that it is true. It says that if I believe in Jesus I'll be transformed and that is exactly what happened. It's message actually works, so that makes it hard not to believe.

Well gosh, thank goodness you stumbled upon the only religion on earth that both promises to transform people's lives for the better and has adherents who will confirm it!

Well, it's settled. God clearly exists! The only other alternative is that you're simply weak-willed and needed a social and psychological support network to help you pull your own shit together... but that's just crazy-talk!

I realize, of course, that you're just going to point out that other religions can be regarded as "working" as well and that you simply chose the Christian variety, so I'll point out the obvious fact:

How good something makes you feel, how much it helps you to improve your life - has absolutely no bearing on whether or not it is true.