• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] INTP and affection

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
My INTP friend hates when I try to hug him. He actually gets angry, which just makes me do it more. He also hates if I sit around his house with my shirt off, especially if I am sitting next to him on the couch. If I crash at his place, he always says, "Dude! Put some clothes on!" When we first became friends he would also try to leave a seat between us at the movie theater, which I teased him about for years. It just seemed so ridiculous.

Martoon

perdu fleur par bologne
MBTI Type
INTP
My INTP friend hates when I try to hug him. He actually gets angry, which just makes me do it more. He also hates if I sit around his house with my shirt off, especially if I am sitting next to him on the couch. If I crash at his place, he always says, "Dude! Put some clothes on!" When we first became friends he would also try to leave a seat between us at the movie theater, which I teased him about for years. It just seemed so ridiculous.
If I went to a movie with shirtless hug-aggressor dude, I'd probably leave a seat between us, too.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^^^ omg! that is hysterical!!

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
I'm with Martoon on this one.

Don't fear the love, Jack. I got some big hugs for your sexy ass, too. Come over here and let Daddy Synarch give you a squeeze.

(I even creeped myself out.)

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
and i'm totally with synarch...i think if i were him i'd have to mess with you too..hehe

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i said if i were him....cuz yeah i know.
you'd want my hugs...promise. :D

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^ jeez, get a room already and get the hell outta my bookstore!

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
^ jeez, get a room already and get the hell outta my bookstore!

Totally. It's adorable and all and I love to see it. But, let us split it off into a separate thread: "Jack Flak and erinavery's Perpetual Flirt Session"

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
okay...sorry...j/k
just that i'm a girl and all..you know...boys don't mind hugs from girls..right?

slowriot

He who laughs
Enneagram
5w4
okay...sorry...j/k
just that i'm a girl and all..you know...boys don't mind hugs from girls..right?

Im not sure, once there was this girl that wanted to hug me but I rejected her (well because I was kind of seeing some other girl, who wasn't present though but still) for 5 months after that she gave me the cold shoulder. Well so that night she tried to hug me after she's gone, this other girl that I've just met that night, overwhelms me by hugging me, guess she was trying to teach me a lesson. And I was actually totally fine with that. I think it depends on why people do it really if it feels natural I really dont mind it even from strangers, but ehm Im just gonna be a plank during the whole session.

Okay, really, when its girls around my own age I dont really mind. Just wanted to tell that story.

KLessard

Aspiring Troens Ridder
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w2
And I was actually totally fine with that. I think it depends on why people do it really if it feels natural I really dont mind it even from strangers, but ehm Im just gonna be a plank during the whole session.

That's what I mean. As long as you're fine with it, that's all I care about. If you're awkward about displaying but fine about what it means and feels like, that's what's most important.
Sometimes I get the plank, and fear my next meeting with the INTP, but turns up she's completely friendly, talkative and happy on the occasion.