• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] INTP: ESFP magnet ?

lane777

nevermore
lane777 said:
So true, it's a combo men can't resist.

Girls too apparently.

Really? I lose interest fast when a man doesn't pursue. Not to mean I want them coming on strong, which always repels; boldness tells me his interest is widespread and he's been around the block (yuck). Just showing genuine interest is most flattering, and I respond to it the quickest.

Nihilen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
You are no ESFP, I attract the wrong type I guess *sigh*.

I could show genuine interest -yes, it happens- but only after I got to really know the person, it takes some time. I find it fake otherwise.

Grungemouse

Widdles in your cream.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I seem to be an SF magnet in general? :huh: It's strange. My group of friends comprised of two ESFPs, an ISFJ, ISFP and ISTJ. I think they found my NT ways bizarre to the point of fascinating. Or they needed someone dreamy and messy to make them look glamorous.

At my new sixth form college, I've made a friend who seems to be especially keen on me. I've narrowed her down to ES-P.

EDIT: Oh waaaait. This is about love and wimmunz? Well, ESFP men seem to find me repulsive. Or maybe I catch them on their time of the month.

Last edited:

Cypocalypse

MBTI Type
eNtP
Enneagram
4w5/
I have a female friend who's a confirmed (I actually persuaded her to take an MBTI test) ESFP who likes me to a certain extent.

Some thoughts:

Her ideal man (the one that she keeps on mentioning to me too often) is probably an ENTP (based on how I analyze their interaction), and probably, I have similarities with the guy hence her certain level of fondness for me.

The girl doesn't like my Introverted Thinking (most SFs don't give a sh*t about this), unless I analyze her persona and romanticize my description.

Though extraverted intuition is a different thing. She seems to be attracted to it, and if a guy uses his extraverted intuition in a chick predatory mode, he can come out really really charming.

The girl seems to have an addiction to being intellectually outwitted.

The thing is, I think this ESFP is just as 'superficial' as your stereotypically hated ESFJ, only that she doesn't seem to shove her irrationality that much into other people's throat.

Unlike an ESFJ that may be a addicted to guy's stature, this girl can be hooked to someone's character, particularly his wit.

Though one thing I don't like about her is that she doesn't appreciate wit as an intellectual thinking function but she looks at it in a more superficial way, like an added charm to the guy.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
"This isn't the 'deep' you're looking for." You just won't find it in an ESFP. I happen to like them in general, but not for their penetrative, all-knowing stares.

nozflubber

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
MBTI Type
Hype
"This isn't the 'deep' you're looking for." You just won't find it in an ESFP. I happen to like them in general, but not for their penetrative, all-knowing stares.

003-2.jpg

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
I'm not terribly sure I've met an ESFP, although I think so. She finds my humour hilarious and always asks my advice for things, and is probably the most extroverted and social being I've ever met and never stops laughing. Doesn't really seem to take anything seriously either.

I find her draining but oddly addictive and always come away smiling whenever we interact. My girlfriend absolutely hates her.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
hmm.. I think I like INTP's in general. Don't think they "draw me in like a magnet" though. I dated one.. there's one in my class, ( I think)... I know one personally.. But generally I think I would have trouble typing them to begin with, so probably know tons more and have not tried to type them.