• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Something weird happened to me

booya moon

MBTI Type
ENTP
A week ago i had a dream about a correlation plot of two enzymes I was studying 2 years ago and in my dream their activities were in perfect correlation.
At the time of the original study (approx. 2 years ago) involving above mentioned enzymes, we didn`t even thought about looking at correlation between them, because we studied the enzymes in connection to various diseases and there was no mention in the literature of them being in correlation.
So, after my dream I put the 2 years old raw data into the SPSS (statistical program) and calculated the correlation. And I almost fell off my chair, because it was exactly the same as in my dream! :huh:
So, right now, I am writing a nice paper :D
The brain really works in mysterious ways,...

My question: Did anything like this ever happened to you? Is this connected to extraverted intuition or intuition in general?

colmena

señor member
MBTI Type
INXP
Sweet.

I've done the Homer Simpson invention thing where there's something so fantastically mind-blowing, but I just can't see it.

I've also told good jokes and written poetry in my dreams. I wish my conscious would catch up!

edel weiss

MBTI Type
ENTP
I've compose a poem while half asleep. And been through some really fascinating stories and movie-like visuals when asleep. They felt awesome in my head, but I'm not sure about exactly how creative they actually are... probably only my half asleep lucid-dreaming mind likes it.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
A week ago i had a dream about a correlation plot of two enzymes I was studying 2 years ago and in my dream their activities were in perfect correlation.
At the time of the original study (approx. 2 years ago) involving above mentioned enzymes, we didn`t even thought about looking at correlation between them, because we studied the enzymes in connection to various diseases and there was no mention in the literature of them being in correlation.
So, after my dream I put the 2 years old raw data into the SPSS (statistical program) and calculated the correlation. And I almost fell off my chair, because it was exactly the same as in my dream! :huh:
So, right now, I am writing a nice paper :D
The brain really works in mysterious ways,...

My question: Did anything like this ever happened to you? Is this connected to extraverted intuition or intuition in general?
I have woken up and felt I knew the solution to a problem, though never anything as specific as yours.

Who knows what it's caused by? I usually attribute it to God.

blanclait

MBTI Type
ENTP
supposively Karl Lagerfeld gets his best ideas from dreams too.
incase you dont know who this guy is, he is the head designer for Chanel. the white hair + black suit. anyone who watches mtv may have seen him once or twice

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
The snake that swallowed its tail. It's awesome when things like that happens.

Sometimes I get interesting ideas about new games etc from my dreams. But those aren't related at all to my work. The problem solving intuition for me works best while I'm awake and just puttering on random things. Like how I figured out what's wrong with some of my coding while I was doing the dishes.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
All the time, I used to do serous statisitc in the twightlight zone between awake and asleep.

it realted to your consious memory not being able to access things directly, sometimes doing something mundane allows your brain to process better.

You may also find you are right brain dominant, which would mean you are better at joing the dots up than you might realise. Also P types work in this way.

L :)

563 740

MBTI Type
ENTP
I've compose a poem while half asleep. And been through some really fascinating stories and movie-like visuals when asleep. They felt awesome in my head, but I'm not sure about exactly how creative they actually are... probably only my half asleep lucid-dreaming mind likes it.

This, plus mad poker dreams when I was first learning it/playing like every day. (I'd wake up at 3AM thinking "Shit! I shoulda raised him...") :headphne:

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
IMO, it's all the unconscious mind and the unconscious mind is a vast and mysterious thing. Even moreso than many could even hint to knowing.