• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] INT Child's Exploration

Jwill

MBTI Type
INTJ
Well, I was your classic INTJ. My mom ran a daycare when I was little so she could stay home with me. I was always recruiting the other kids to help me with my ideas. Once, my older brother told me that potato bugs could swim, so I got a bunch of my friends to go through the garden with with me and collect bugs to put into a jar of water. That didn't end well...

A lot of the time, though, I just did things on my own. I had two older sisters. The second oldest was always tagging along with the oldest (to the oldest's aggravation). I never did that. They took ballet, I could have cared less. They played jump rope in the front yard, I set up the tent in the back yard and pretended it was my secret hideout.

I had a very active imagination (still do). My parents had a bed that had a little door built into the frame. The door had a long, small crawl space behind it. I always imagined that it led to another world and that if I ever went in and turned the corner, I'd find another universe. I never went inside it... The idea was more interesting to me than the exploration of the idea. Maybe I was a bit of a chicken.

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
I was a mischievous and very curious kid. I was extremely hyper active as well, bursting with words and energy. I remember my mom used to be extremely cautious and anxious when she would come home because I used to throw myself in the very red sand that we had around (born in Kenya) and come running in to jump and give her a big hug. Play was just something that I exploited fully. I never really had the concept of sitting down and pondering, it was on the go for me. I loved to take everything apart and conduct little science experiments. There were many a toy car and other electronic accessories I took apart to figure out what made them do the magical things they could do.

Although I hated what little homework I had to do I loved reading and doing projects. I would carry them over to home and be fully immersed in my exciting and curious fantasy world. Detective books were what I lived for. Art was second nature for me, my teachers always mentioned that when they were talking to me, I was very creative and of course curious. I would love to explain every little detail about what was going on and that made me both an interesting little kid to talk to and a very almost blunt and surprisingly funny kid. I was proficient at three languages in my youth and I never passed the opportunity to really engage in conversation with any adult that was near by. Even the teachers and principals when I inevitably got in trouble, I was fearless.

I was a bit of a rough houser too. I constantly got into little spats and disputes and would settle it like a "real" boy should and didn't hesitate to get into little fights here and there. Aggression and adrenaline most certainly fueled me. It didn't help that I was a bit off a motor mouth. Competition was another thing that I looked forward to and it drove me to do many things that were sort of oppositional to my nature. I remember when I was about 5 or 6 my best friend had a little crush on a girl named Suzy and me being the bastard that I am decided to one up him and make her my new crush. I tortured and bugged her incessantly. I kinda felt bad, but in the end I did get a little peck on the cheek from her. It made my day.

As I got a little older reading and numbers captured more of my attention. I loved calculating things in my head and reading the most challenging and interesting books that were there. I was a little nerd and would love every opportunity to go to libraries and museums. I was also the sort to get really enthusiastic about a subject or thing and study it non stop. Afterward I would explain it in all it's intricate detail to anybody who crossed my path. The internet and programming were two things that really got my attention for a little while. I always loved getting a laugh to and would go to great lengths to get them. It wasn't a rare sight to see me sing and dance and just make a fool of myself in front of my class and friends.

GargoylesLegacy

Kickin' Ass since 1984
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w9
I read a lot of books, watched tons of documentary stuff on tv, asked people (my grandmother knew quite a lot, so that's where I always went to) and of course I did lots of researches on my own. I just tried stuff like a scientist would. And only because somebody said "something is that way" I didn't just believe them. I always did my own researches, and even if in the end I really got the result that some person told me...at least it was my results and me finding out.

groovejet02

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
When I was like 6 or 7 I had a mini-existential crisis about how horrifying the concept of "forever" was to me. Sometimes I would freak out in the middle of the night while picturing myself existing up in space for ever and ever.

Darn. I was this way too. Occasionally this thought would seize me and I would have a mini panic attack. I felt that no one else had this phobia, and thus didn't share it with anyone. Dark times.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
!

I never really explored others' ideas, I came up with my own.

I did conceptualizing of my own worlds and only used external stimuli as a jumping off point.

That's profoundly Te dominant/Ni auxiliary!

Sybyll

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
I asked a lot of questions my whole childhood, I think.

This one time I nearly drove one of our teachers nuts asking why black and white weren't a colour. "It's just not," she'd say, and I be like, "but why not?" back and forth for about ten minutes before she snapped "I don't know, okay?!" So of course after that I was sure it was just this silly thing some moron had made up to annoy people (me).

Actually, in the later classes in (the equivalent of) elementary school I rather suspected that the teachers just weren't that smart. When I got an assignment, I'd always try to do it in the way the teacher least expected.

I used to hop on a bus to go the library and borrow a couple of grocery-bags of books, then proceed to read them all in a week or so. I think the librarians recognized me after a while. When I read Lord of the Rings, I deliberately took my time with it to enjoy it. Afterwards, I was so proud that I'd used a whole month on it.