• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTJ] ENTJ's Dark Side...

Chemgrl82

MBTI Type
eNTj
Enneagram
8w7
As mentioned in a previous thread, and something I often think about -

To all you ENTJs - how's your dark side?

Do you tend to see the dark side of things much? How much? How dark will you allow yourself to go?

Do you struggle with depression, and do things tend to get darker and darker during this time? If not, what does trigger it?

For myself, things can get pretty dark. I can have fiercely violent thoughts, the world tends to lose all color around me, and the combo of Te + Ni takes me even further into the depths of the ugly. I can see/hear something and my intuition will run with it. It's not pretty, and honestly, I probably couldn't write about some of the thoughts I have.

I don't stay in this place for long periods of time, but rather certain portions of a day, etc. I snap out of it. It's just when I go there, I go there intensely. For me, it also tends to directly correspond with loneliness and/or solitude. While at times it may be out of loneliness, other times it may simply be that I've been left alone in my head for too long.

And sometimes, I enjoy it. It's only once in a while that I creep myself out.

Seraph

MBTI Type
INTJ
If I'm letting my mind wander, then yes, I can see the dark side of things quite often.

And I have similar experiences, they can get very disturbing and unmentionable. But while I'm initially thinking of them, I only think of possibilities and what could happen. Only then do I reign it in with morals or feasibility.

It does creep me out sometimes, but I'd bet that other types are just as prone to such thoughts.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I've developed that allergic reaction against greyscale modes, like asking someone about his dark side. Cause if you watched this, you really do now, there is just error in judgement and no dark side.

But if you especially wanted to know how that dark jedis are, just ignore my post :) (and watch your back)

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSwy412nttI"]Da Dark Side[/YOUTUBE]

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I perceive my dark side as being an inability to gradient my inferior Fi. I either feel too much, or feel nothing at all. This can lead to some very dark thoughts.

I had the odd realization that i currently feel almost emotionally dead.

in my past I have had very dark, inferior Fi. Over time I've learned that I am much better, more functioning person, when not under inferior Fi. Its been a very natural progression, almost like a fog has been clearing in the past year or so. I simply do not "feel" as greatly. I no longer get over enthralled over a relationship, a song, an argument or anything really.

Its almost bittersweet. I know I am better for it. I now hate 80% of my music. I actually cringe when I put itunes on random. I cant stand anything overtly sappy anymore. this sort of cynicism, isnt a bitter pouting. Its a genuine "lack of response". Emotionally dead. It allows me to be a much more functioning person, but it almost makes me wonder if Im somehow missing out on "the human experience". I think emotions are what drive even the most rational of people to simply live. I highly doubt einstein would of been so driven to solve, if he hadnt derived an emotional pleasure response from doing so.

So now i kind of descend into an opposite dark side. Rather than inferior Fi, its an existence centered around not feeling. I get a lot done, i feel happier on the whole. However, I fear that one day I may decide that nothing really makes me happy. Even though there's someone who I'm intimate with, in my life as of now, I still fear that i may not ever really be able to love. Upon realizing that I have no gradient control over the faucet of inferior Fi, I have decided to simply never turn it on.

my darkside: an ENTJ who was once enthralled and weighed by inferior Fi, and an ENTJ who is now emotionally dead.

Chemgrl82

MBTI Type
eNTj
Enneagram
8w7
my darkside: an ENTJ who was once enthralled and weighed by inferior Fi, and an ENTJ who is now emotionally dead.

That's so close to me, it's a bit frightening. I realized the other day that I'm getting disturbingly close to staying cold all of the time. There's maybe one person in my life that can get the feelings to come back out - aside from that, I go day to day, unphased. I also noticed that I become colder, number and overall unshakable the longer I stay in my little dark periods. It goes so far and over time, a certain part of me just shuts down... day by day, a little bit more.

While I feel much safer here, I also realize it's very unhealthy. I guess that's why I cling to the little feelings/emotions I do have - and intensely so.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Sometimes I get violent toughts about some imbeciles. Usually:

- policemen
- professors
- bosses
- anything that has authority over me

however, I think that's kind of common, isn't it? On other types of dark sides: I'm a very superficial person, and I'm only concerned with external things. Thus, I've never been able to get depressed, given that it usually results from introspection.

Bougal

HUZZAH!
MBTI Type
ENTP
I am a very realistic person. I realize my own insignificance and I am capable of seeing my role in the world, but I don’t let that insignificance bother me. I have never suffered from any form of depression- - at worst I get a bit melancholic. I don’t really allow my mind too far into that dark direction. I do have it, but I have realized that all I will ever find is detrimental.

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSwy412nttI"]Da Dark Side[/YOUTUBE]

its funny that you posted anakin, because when you consider the character as a whole, anakin and darth vader: ENTJ with inferior Fi fits pretty well.

someone who felt way too much (about padame)... and then was so crushed/hurt by her death, that he could feel nothing (as darth vader)... im aware though that most try to pin anakin as ENFP

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Dark Fi primary with a functional grasp on Te also isn't a fun combination. Child and Family Services probably would have decended on my family about 4 years earlier had anyone found my grade 3 doodles...

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes, I do struggle with solitude and depression sometimes, but I can get rid of it easily. If this happens, I try to think on my goals and plans for the future, it usually helps me to drive unnecessary thoughts and emotions away.
Problem is: I think that I, more often than not, feel awkward and angry if I'm around people from my generation, which may or may not be normal since I'm 18 and I should be constantly socializing, making long-term friendships and whatnot - at least that's what people expect from me. It's not easy at all (at least in school), because more than 80% of my class are SFs due to the fact that it's a special 'humanities' section. It's like we're living in totally different worlds... I don't understand why they're upset about a problem that seems indifferent to me and vice versa. Don't get me wrong, it's nice to chill out with them sometimes, and if it isn't, I'm great in playing the social butterfly - even if I find it annoying and boring as hell.
Then, I suddenly realise there's a huge gap between us, and that's when my "dark side" appears. Why do I care? I have to spend at least 38-40 hours a week with these guys. This is mainly the reason why I'm so interested in discovering the MBTI.

I may seem controversial. In fact, I AM controversial. Maybe it's not an NTJ thing, maybe it's just me *shrug*

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yes, I do struggle with solitude and depression sometimes, but I can get rid of it easily. If this happens, I try to think on my goals and plans for the future, it usually helps me to drive unnecessary thoughts and emotions away.
Problem is: I think that I, more often than not, feel awkward and angry if I'm around people from my generation, which may or may not be normal since I'm 18 and I should be constantly socializing, making long-term friendships and whatnot - at least that's what people expect from me. It's not easy at all (at least in school), because more than 80% of my class are SFs due to the fact that it's a special 'humanities' section. It's like we're living in totally different worlds... I don't understand why they're upset about a problem that seems indifferent to me and vice versa. Don't get me wrong, it's nice to chill out with them sometimes, and if it isn't, I'm great in playing the social butterfly - even if I find it annoying and boring as hell.
Then, I suddenly realise there's a huge gap between us, and that's when my "dark side" appears. Why do I care? I have to spend at least 38-40 hours a week with these guys. This is mainly the reason why I'm so interested in discovering the MBTI.

I may seem controversial. In fact, I AM controversial. Maybe it's not an NTJ thing, maybe it's just me *shrug*

its not just you. Ive come to the understanding that ENXX has nothing to do with having more or less friends. Its simply just a different, more environmentally oriented manifestation of the INXXs. So aside from the ENFJs, I have found a lot of ENXXs having similar dark sides of being asocial. Its due to the fact that only 25% of the population can ever see our "irrationally intuitive" world. (i've found that the ISXPs can get their Ni going sometimes though...)