• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Mindmates - how far will you go?

Delilah

We all got it comin' kid
MBTI Type
INTP
You did? Hmmm.... was it because of true stomping, or because stomping wasn't really needed in the first place?

I don't know, maybe both? I don't know if they (the relationships) changed because I pulled back, or if there was nothing to pull back from in the first place and I just misread things. Either way, nothing there now. I think they were just figments of my overactive imagination, it's always getting me in trouble.

Chemgrl82

MBTI Type
eNTj
Enneagram
8w7
I don't know, maybe both? I don't know if they (the relationships) changed because I pulled back, or if there was nothing to pull back from in the first place and I just misread things. Either way, nothing there now. I think they were just figments of my overactive imagination, it's always getting me in trouble.

It's almost like there is a special comfy spot made for this person in my mind. You know how in the beginning it completely freaks you out and you want to STAMP?

Well, that part is gone and now it's like this comforting thing. Even when we don't talk, it's still there.

Kinna hard to want to stamp anymore... ya know? It'd be that black, dark silence in that section now.

Delilah

We all got it comin' kid
MBTI Type
INTP
It's almost like there is a special comfy spot made for this person in my mind. You know how in the beginning it completely freaks you out and you want to STAMP?

Well, that part is gone and now it's like this comforting thing. Even when we don't talk, it's still there.

Kinna hard to want to stamp anymore... ya know? It'd be that black, dark silence in that section now.

I prefer the black, dark silence TYVM. I don't need people creeping around in my head, putting their feet up on my files, rifling through my secret books, just to leave a mess and wander off when they get bored.

Interlopers will be shot on sight from here on out.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Just being a "mindmate" isn't enough, in my opinion. Although, I have seen before that NT females tend to support the idea more.

This one doesn't. The term was coined by Keirsey, and from my reading what he is saying is that NTs ARE mindmates, not that that is what they are looking for in a romantic relationship. He thinks they are most compatible with NF soulmates, FWIW.

That's by the by. In answer to OP, I've had this sort of connection once, with an INTP I grew up with. There was no sexual attraction - he was like a brother to me, more like a twin, actually. We had to stop seeing each other when he got married, his wife (SJ) didn't understand.

Bummer.

Delilah

We all got it comin' kid
MBTI Type
INTP
Ahh yes. The old ostrich. What a good bird he is.

;)

Are you mocking me?

cdc1b28c.jpg

Chemgrl82

MBTI Type
eNTj
Enneagram
8w7
This one doesn't. The term was coined by Keirsey, and from my reading what he is saying is that NTs ARE mindmates, not that that is what they are looking for in a romantic relationship. He thinks they are most compatible with NF soulmates, FWIW.

Even if we are mindmates, it's hard for me to completely agree with this. While NFs can be a good compliment, I still believe NTs have a much stronger connection with other NTs, and that having an actual mindmate is very rare - differentiating from the ability to be a mindmate.

That being said, I believe I'd always prefer another NT to an NF, based on real life experience. There's a certain point where NFs just give you :thelook:.

However, these are ideals... not necessarily what reality doles out to us.

In answer to OP, I've had this sort of connection once, with an INTP I grew up with.

Seeeeeeeee... :D

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Even if we are mindmates, it's hard for me to completely agree with this. While NFs can be a good compliment, I still believe NTs have a much stronger connection with other NTs, and that having an actual mindmate is very rare - differentiating from the ability to be a mindmate.
Seeeeeeeee... :D

Oh, unfair! You can't quote me out of context! It wasn't romantic/sexual - which is what you are talking about. NT/NT relationships are always competitive on some level, IME.
That's too exhausting in a LTR.

Chemgrl82

MBTI Type
eNTj
Enneagram
8w7
Oh, unfair!
You can't quote me out of context! It wasn't romantic/sexual - which is what you are talking about. NT/NT relationships are always competitive on some level, IME.
That's too exhausting in a LTR.

Hmm... I didn't mean it out of context. I was thinking more on the lines of if it was romantic/sexual. See? How far would you've taken it, then? If there was attraction there, then what?

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hmm... I didn't mean it out of context. I was thinking more on the lines of if it was romantic/sexual. See? How far would you've taken it, then? If there was attraction there, then what?

Well, but there wasn't. One almost precludes the other. I find it hard enough to figure out what I'm going to do IRL, without trying to consider hypotheticals!