• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] INTP vs. ENTP

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Charm vs. charisma vs. machiavellianism....

The difference is merely what comes naturally, isn't it, as you said; and I've said up there that the person is always at ease with themselves...

and how suspicious the purveyor is sometimes matters too.

Someone who naturally puts others at ease, it could be learnt from observation that it is what the other needs sometimes, so you give it. Is that machiavellian... knowing how to respond in a way others want.

I know the snakes you mean, I face them at work. FWIW, anyone with charisma wouldn't be a turn-off nor leave an oily feel. :sick:
I feel you. :D

I think a charismatic person has an incredibly high EQ and will *tend* to be both extroverted and F-inclined.

*please don't throw rocks at me*

:peepwall:

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
Yeah, and emotionally volatile people are not charismatic, what's your point?

:huh:

Emotionality is a human trait, if you're expressive you're likely to show the full spectrum. Sometimes this isn't always the best option. Especially in terms of opposition. No matter how natural this variance may seem it needs to be contained, sometimes aggressively so.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Yeah I see that point of view. I just word it as "traits that favor charismatic behavior" are inborn. Social etiquette, especially the finer points, must be observed and learned.
Lol, no!!!

There is this charismatic kid named Austin in my popular culture class, and he definitely is not the finely polished sort, but he is fair-minded, honest, incredibly casual and confident and just-plain-funny!!!

Whenever he speaks he makes all of us :D

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Lol, no!!!

There is this charismatic kid named Austin in my popular culture class, and he definitely is not the finely polished sort, but he is fair-minded, honest, incredibly casual and confident and just-plain-funny!!!

Whenever he speaks he makes all of us :D

Yeah and if Austin was raised by wolves in the forest, and came to your class, he'd probably attack someone.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
Yeah and if Austin was raised by wolves in the forest, and came to your class, he'd probably attack someone.

now, see. that's funny.

and funny is sexy.

white

~dangerous curves ahead~
MBTI Type
ENTP
I wouldn't throw rocks at you CC. :D Anyway. *cough*

*points to thread topic*

Someone once posted a LOL poster of an ENTP, with a picture of a guy reading by a tesla coil and the caption "Why read by a light bulb when you can have a 300ft tesla coil".

It struck me as very ENTP.

I'd think the INTP is less prone to excesses in that respect. ENTPs do rather love making a jaw drop. Not that INTPs don't, but in a way, INTPs are less likely to act out on the impulses the way ENTPs do. Ne is slave to Ti, so that is the instinct of self-preservation a younger ENTP could lack.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
Due to my superficial understanding of the subject, I was having a difficult time explaining the difference between ENTP and INTP to an INTP friend.

1. What do you regard as the cardinal differences between the two?
2. How are they similar?

I think the two types are remarkably similar. The differences seem to be more about slight differences in preference and degree. For example:

INTP's tend to be more interested in developing theories while ENTP's tend to be more interested in developing projects.

INTP's tend to be a bit more aloof, while ENTP's tend to be a bit less orthodox.

ENTP's can seem reckless at times, while INTP's can see to be completely emotionless at times.

And yet both ENTP and INTP really share these traits. It's really more about degree.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
INTP:

Stephen_Hawking.jpg

ENTP:

feynmantheelderym1.jpg
Nice propaganda, liar.
Hawking is a J.

*backfire*

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
Guff, why on earth do you suppose there's the compulsion to an apostrophe proceeding a type, and preceeding the s plural mark?

Where does it come from? What gives the idea?

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Guff, why on earth do you suppose there's the compulsion to an apostrophe proceeding a type, and preceeding the s plural mark?

Where does it come from? What gives the idea?

I know you didn't ask me, or like hearing me, but to hell with you, I might have an answer for the question regardless.

I think it all started with people refering to the individual letters in plural. Like, more than one person that is an S. Ss just looks weird and confusing doesn't it? So instead, make it clearer by writing it as S's. Well, because people naturally pour into these sorts of blanket conventions, they start saying N's, and F's, and T's, and so forth. And that eventually becomes things like INTP's, because people think "hey, you put an apostrophe before the pluralizing s in all the other cases, right?", and so it goes.