• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] INTP vs. ENTP

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP

Llewellyn

MBTI Type
INtj
Enneagram
9w1
Take a good example from Dutch. There we use apostophe's for plurals of words that end at a (pronunciated) vowel or where it's otherwise clarifying.

We don't say radios but radio's. Taking English pronunciation: otherwise it would come to sound like radi-us (as in loss, boss).

Apostrophe's 'rule'.

About OT: Since a while I know someone in my discussion group is ENTP I admire his fluency of going about things and people. Something I would wish to have more. But, nevertheless I am happy being I.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
apostrophe.. that sounds like a religious thing :D

ZiL

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
567?
::sniff:: Awesome.

So anyway, when I'm around my introverted friends, I notice that I'm a lot more expressive and hyper in comparison to them. I really seek out their reactions with my jokes and the things I say; I like having immediate feedback.

There's a more superficial (as in "how things look on the surface," not "shallow") take.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
ENTP:
idiot2.jpg

INTP:
californication.jpg

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hey the idea of word is communication isn't it? And you understood what he meant clearly so the word served its purpose didn't?
Some'tim'es' I DonT!'

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Most of my friends are INTPs and ENTPs, but I personally get along with INTPs better..they seem more sincere to me, whereas ENTPs can be highly social, and they usually seem like they don't ever notice me..not that I want attention, but when I'm distinguishing friends, INTPs are a nice fit for me.

More on the subject, I think INTPs can be judged as being, maybe, troubled, by someone, and are usually atypical, when a normal person judges them..if your catching my drift. ENTPs come off as more normal, and can be even playful, yet highly intelligent. They are publicly comical, and are usually taking part in some liberal social event..at least..the ones I know of.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
entps are for people who want a good spontaneous time or for deeper relations, willing to take on a challenge.

all a matter of taste I guess.

Intps are more into deep talks usually. Entp see deep talks as something you do once you get to know people and has to be deserved.

intps are reflective thinkers, entps are driven thinkers.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
entps are for people who want a good spontaneous time or for deeper relations, willing to take on a challenge.

Yeah, whereas INTPs appear highly reserved..perhaps more than other Introverts.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper

all a matter of taste I guess.

Intps are more into deep talks usually. Entp see deep talks as something you do once you get to know people and has to be deserved.

This is actually pretty funny, because I'll have a deep conversation with anybody I think is up to it, whereas I'm only a spontaneous, try anything, abrasive personality with people I am comfortable with.

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
This is actually pretty funny, because I'll have a deep conversation with anybody I think is up to it, whereas I'm only a spontaneous, try anything, abrasive personality with people I am comfortable with.
we could be a team. Put this cape on, will you?!

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
As long as I get to drive! And get first dibs on damsels in distress.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
funny...
we could be a team. Put this cape on, will you?!

funny...just thought you all should know :D

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
As long as I get to drive! And get first dibs on damsels in distress.
I don't have a driving licence anyway. The damsels in distress? Hey jock, focus on the damn driving will you :D

Tayshaun

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4

:yes:

I'll have a deep conversation with anybody I think is up to it, whereas I'm only a spontaneous, try anything, abrasive personality with people I am comfortable with.

:yes:

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
See people, we're all friends.
let's hug.
Oh and, bring condoms and massaging oil, I could use a massage.