• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] You know you're an INTP when...

Grungemouse

Widdles in your cream.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
When you assume the worst case scenario but brainstorm possible pros out of it:

"The world is going to end today, but at least I won't have to do that assignment which was due in tomorrow..."

Until you're more disappointed when the worst case scenario doesn't actually happen.

ed111

MBTI Type
INTJ
You know you're an INTP when you can't give a definitive answer to the question "A group of us are going to xyz this friday, do you want to come?".

You know you're an INTP when you can cause an INTJ to total rethink their view of the world with one sentence.

Nyota

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
4w5
You know you're an INTP when you can't give a definitive answer to the question "A group of us are going to xyz this friday, do you want to come?".

OMG. This is so funny. I know an intp like this. He's got a bad case of not being able to make social plans. Even when its like "hey, there's y going on in 5 HOURS. do you want to go?"

This gets under my skin.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

"The world is going to end today, but at least I won't have to do that assignment which was due in tomorrow..."
LOL. I call it constructive pessimism.

That would require that I first know what I want. Nay, what Iwill want at a future point in time. Highly unlikely.
I tend to just answer at random and then back out later if I said "yes". Or regret it if I said "No".
Shit we are ANNOYING!

You know you're an INTP when you're the last one at work on a Friday night because you were late every morning this week and had a 3 hour lunch-break today where you lost all track of time browsing the psychology section of that new bookshop - that you went into to buy a book on time-management - picking up half a dozen titles, (none of them remotely related to time-management) then discovering at the till that you've forgotten your wallet and leaving the store empty-handed. And hungry. Not to mention missing that important meeting and in the process pissing off your boss who already thinks you're an irritating, cantankerous, know-it-all. Then making yourself late for the train home by writing about it to a bunch of strangers on an obscure forum.

Oh no, that would just be me. :)

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
LOL. I call it constructive pessimism.

That would require that I first know what I want. Nay, what Iwill want at a future point in time. Highly unlikely.
I tend to just answer at random and then back out later if I said "yes". Or regret it if I said "No".
Shit we are ANNOYING!

You know you're an INTP when you're the last one at work on a Friday night because you were late every morning this week and had a 3 hour lunch-break today where you lost all track of time browsing the psychology section of that new bookshop - that you went into to buy a book on time-management - picking up half a dozen titles, (none of them remotely related to time-management) then discovering at the till that you've forgotten your wallet and leaving the store empty-handed. And hungry. Not to mention missing that important meeting and in the process pissing off your boss who already thinks you're an irritating, cantankerous, know-it-all. Then making yourself late for the train home by writing about it to a bunch of strangers on an obscure forum.

Oh no, that would just be me. :)

omg i love it! you guys are similar to us enfp's in this way i think...how funny.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
You know when you're an INTP when during a conversation, your questions sound like statements. You're not really interested in what the other person has to say at all, but you're trying to steer the conversation into more interesting territory by getting them to talk and hoping something intriguing emerges.

bluebell

MBTI Type
INTP

My answer to that is nearly always 'Thanks for asking, I'll see how I go' and leave it wide open.

An ISFJ friend of mine used to *always* try to pin down what we would do on a Friday night in advance. Drove me nuts and it took me a while to work out a tactful way to not be locked down by her plans.

You know you're an INTP when you can cause an INTJ to total rethink their view of the world with one sentence.

I've only done that once.

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp

Until you're more disappointed when the worst case scenario doesn't actually happen.

too true.

Also: you know you're an INTP when you can foresee that someone will draw unnecessary and false conclusions (for better or worse) from a statement you make, but insist nevertheless on not giving a preamble/postscript to the statement because, well, that's their faulty logic and why should you baby-feed them?

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP

Got that right. I get the willies just thinking about it. I have no idea what I'll want to do on Friday night a few days in advance. Will I feel like going out? Will I feel like hanging out with a group of people who are acquaintances at best? If I know that I don't want to do it, am I going to be seen as the office snob for going ahead and saying no? Will being seen as the office snob have longlasting and far-reaching effects that will make me cranky for years to come? Y'all just THINK it's a simple question.

groovejet02

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
... you get so lost in your maze of thoughts that you don't know how to extricate yourself from it.

.. but you try doing it with alcohol, and you end up feeling shittier.

.. when you're surprised that a simple shower could lift your moods.

... when in one of the rare days where you feel alive, your Ne is on full-swing and you just have fun and be all quirky, but then the next day your Ti is back on full force -- all realistic and cynical -- and other people just get offended that you're not in your playful mood like you were yesterday.

.. when you get all depressed over the realization that life is finite and you get all angsty and shit and continue sitting at the computer (aptly applies to INFPs as well)

.. when a validation of your opinions by someone who's willing to debate them makes you feel truly competent and happy.

.. when there's something to learn everyday.

mysterio

MBTI Type
ENTP
You’re an egghead who sees anyone with an IQ less than 160 as retarded. To which those Neanderthals, like the ones who tormented you in high school, respond: “yeah, but we’re getting laid and you’re not. The only sensual contact you ever have is with your little test tubes.”

foodeater

MBTI Type
PINT
You’re an egghead who sees anyone with an IQ less than 160 as retarded. To which those Neanderthals, like the ones who tormented you in high school, respond: “yeah, but we’re getting laid and you’re not. The only sensual contact you ever have is with your little test tubes.”

So true, so true

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx

I do this ALL of the time. Good to know I'm not the only person who does it. (Did I almost demonstrate that principle just now?)

"You know you're an INTP when you always double-check your own logic -- and it's always right." (And I did double-check that statement. Oh the irony if I'm wrong.)

The Decline

(☞゚∀゚)☞
MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
5w4
.. when you get all depressed over the realization that life is finite and you get all angsty and shit and continue sitting at the computer (aptly applies to INFPs as well)

:happy0065: so very true

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
I'm gonna borrow this from Aderack, and then paraphrase:

When even your imaginary encounters with people end in you telling them you need more space.

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
You know you're an INTP when:

Your computer has a computer on it.
When you consider debates about types of female swimwear to be sexually stimulating.

bluebell

MBTI Type
INTP
When you consider your brain as something to be rewired at will, emotions, thoughts, patterns, all of it. Objectivity ftw.

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
Subjectivity: notice the sub prefix. That means it is lesser; underneath.

Zoom

Self sustaining supernova
Enneagram
9w8
...you walk around thinking about something, end up somewhere random, forget why you came there in the first place - and are ecstatic that ye've started getting lost in thought again because it means ye're feeling more like yourself.