• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] You know you're an INTP when...

foodeater

MBTI Type
PINT
..When someone says something subtle, unimportant, and untrue, and you feel the (nearly) irresistible urge to correct them.

...you (sometimes?) reject feelings as ridiculously variable/unpredictable and illogical, and look with distaste at anyone who suffers from such an affliction... luckily you don't have any feelings!

I didn't do that at all until I found out about MBTI.

Eruca

78% me
MBTI Type
INxx
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
..When someone says something subtle, unimportant, and untrue, and you feel the (nearly) irresistible urge to correct them.

I didn't do that at all until I found out about MBTI.

...then why did you start doing it after you found out? :huh:

Misty_Mountain_Rose

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
They are standing back and observing things without getting into the fray...with either a look of impatience, boredom, or amusement.

When they only only have four facial expressions:
Concentration
Irritation
Boredom
Amusement

They look like they could do with a hug, slap and/or tickle but they are too scary to try it on (big boundaries defended by bazookas!)

You only get the joke they played on you ten minutes down the track...

This. Is. Awesome.

Well done.

:nice:

foodeater

MBTI Type
PINT
...then why did you start doing it after you found out? :huh:

It was subconscious- I didn't say "Stupid feelers!", I said "Stupid people!" but wasn't really referring to only feelers- just.. idiots. Once I had a label from my shiny new MBTI I used that, then realized that was a fallacious stereotype and reverted back to 'idiots' (or 'sensors'.. one lesson at a time :whistling:)

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
They are standing back and observing things without getting into the fray...with either a look of impatience, boredom, or amusement.

When they only only have four facial expressions:
Concentration
Irritation
Boredom
Amusement

They look like they could do with a hug, slap and/or tickle but they are too scary to try it on (big boundaries defended by bazookas!)

You only get the joke they played on you ten minutes down the track...

yeah i don't know this first hand but i love it too...how funny!

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
In the midst of something happening to you, you already start reflecting on it in retrospect.

Kaizer

sophiloist
MBTI Type
INTp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
In the midst of something happening to you, you already start reflecting on it in retrospect.

true! also, by the time you start it at least one alternative seems to be possible.

Telling others to finally 'think about it'

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I do that even before it starts. It's quite useful - sometimes you can bypass the experience entirely and skip straight to the agonising about how you inevitably fucked it up.

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4

You make a statement that causes 5 other INTPs to quote it and say how much they relate.

professor goodstain

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7~7
Being a male, when one can't take a leak in a puplic restroom while other males or heck other females are around.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Oddly, I've never been pee shy.

However, if I eat something and it makes me throw up, I'll never eat it again for the rest of my life. I don't touch chicken pot pies or my grandpas spaghetti sauce anymore.

nozflubber

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
MBTI Type
Hype
when....

You make threads like this just to piss off the local NF population, because you secrectly hart them and want their attention! (even if it is a scorn...)