• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] You know you're an INTP when...

alakazam

MBTI Type
INTx
Enneagram
You know you're an INTP when you can plan out a rational defense to your irrational aversion to plans

angell_m

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxFx
Enneagram
5w4
You cancel those plans to attend the Battlestar Galactica fan meetup when you realize it requires actually leaving your apartment.

You resist the urge to correct the spelling of "frakkin'," which you know because you've seen it in print from an official source. *applies loser smilie to self*

HAHAHAHAHA :yim_rolling_on_the_

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
... when you explain something in vivid detail and still doubt whether you have left something out and if people understand what you say.

... when you explain the framework and leave out the details and think people understand what you say.

Yep, it's one of these or the other...

Or the notion of eating does enter your mind, but place it on the backburner for "more pressing matters" (the internet).

Yes, eating is simply procrastinated upon a little, it is not forgotten. Some things simply must wait with all of those wrong things on the internet.

When you research INTP and cognitive functions to a great depth only to find out that the logical conclusion of your type is INTP. Yet you are still not positive ...................since there are still un-answer questions. There is still much more you need to know to come to closure.
You honestly take various Myers-Briggs tests and consistently get the result "INTP". That's how I figured it out, anyways.

^This x 100. All of these other ways are just confirmations of this previous knowledge. Much searched for confirmations though, since certainty is a foreign concept. ;)

You try to think of masterful schemes to become an ENTP.
And never go through with them. :p
^ Epic FAIL. You are a confused E; otherwise you'd scheme to get the ENTP to stfu.

Well, I do not think of becoming an ENTP, but of masterful schemes to become more like one... while knowing due to all that in-depth research on the types, cognitive functions, and the consistent results on the Myers-Briggs, the only logical 'conclusion' is that I am an INTP and the only thing that may change is gaining a little more interest in Ne.

but closure is still a dirty word, so it is fun to play around with typology a bit

You overuse words like theoretically, possibly, precisely, hypothetically.

Theoretically, posssibly. But how precisely this is overused by INTPs is still only being seen hypothetically....

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
...when you bump this thread hoping to get even more data about how to excessively confirm one's INTPness.

Mephistopheles

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w5
when you have 10969 "funny" pictures on your disk, of which your friends think that 90% aren't funny at all(because they don't get the insider jokes!).

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You've posted over and over again inquiring about your own INTPness yet you never feel sure because there's always new data coming in that you have to consider.

Scorquendo

MBTI Type
INTP
...when you bump this thread hoping to get even more data about how to excessively confirm one's INTPness.

Lol, guilty. I keep getting INTP, even though I suspect myself to be an INFP...after taking the MBti 10 times on separate times and getting INTP on all of them. I later confirmed INTP after getting annoyed with all the lovey-dovey/sentimental talk after reading pages and pages worth of various INFP descriptions.

...it doesn't matter if someone mocks your style of dress, but a rebuke towards your competence in work/school brings a crashing wave of acute depression.

When you feel the inherent need to correct someone when they mis-use a word like "toward," unless you are in Europe. (Towards with an 's' is traditionally used in British English, FYI) However, you end up not doing it in public, especially if it's with a girl.

... when you explain something in vivid detail and still doubt whether you have left something out and if people understand what you say.... when you explain the framework and leave out the details and think people understand what you say.

Definitely.

slowriot

He who laughs
Enneagram
5w4
when you start to talk with a clear thought of what you want to say, then after expressing 4-5 words get irritated about how that sounds and start over. And after a few attempts give up.

Greta

MBTI Type
INTe
I later confirmed INTP after getting annoyed with all the lovey-dovey/sentimental talk after reading pages and pages worth of various INFP descriptions.
Many INFPs have said the same thing. The error probably lies in the descriptions, not your self-appraisal.

Beargryllz

MBTI Type
INTP
When you agree with everything proposed in a 17 page thread designed to confirm the possibility of being an INTP

R

ReflecTcelfeR

When you try to disprove all of the reasons why you could be an INTP only to find out that you can't.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
When you try to disprove all of the reasons why you could be an INTP only to find out that you can't.

Or you disprove that you are any of all the 16 MBTI types and then by analysis come to the tentative conclusion that your case against you not being an INTP is the weakest of all of the types...changing your mind for a short while entertaining the thought about being an ISTP and INTJ but after no longer being able to suspend disbelief after imagining multiple chapters in theses lives returning to the previous forgone conclusion.

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
...when you have a conversation like this only two minutes after sex, still walking around in your underwear.

him: Hey, since you got that book on game theory, ..you know von Neumann?
her: Yeah
him: Well, interesting character, you know, well beside game thoery and the Manhattan project he also did some work on quantum mechanics computer architecture.
her: And?
him: It's a fascinating field....*looses thread of thought* oh yeah, well did you see the article in Spiegel Online about that experiment that supposedly proves that people can predict randomized events? It would dig a hole into the whole idea of causality.
her: Well, I very much doubt that.
him: That is very unscientific and closed minded of you. But they better have a shitload of evidence if they want to overthrow a paradigm like that. On the other hand, on a quantum level the whole thing changes *gets into details of quantum physics and the theory that time doesn't really exist while she decides to post this conversation on TypoC*
her: You mean like the very low propability that a golden apple will suddenly materialize before me?
him: Yeah, or that I could suddenly walk through a wall. Chances are though I'll just bang my head.
her: Hey, while we were at it I noticed the arrows in your flow chart look like dicks.
him: Those aren't arrows, they are circuits, those are signs for "and", "or", "exclusive or" etc.
her: Well, you draw pretty messy, but I recognize some of them now that you mention it.
him: *explains system behind the circuits on his white board*...and that is a carry look-ahead.
her: Hey, Carry Look Ahead would be a cool internet pseudonym!
him: *radiating smile* Yeah, cool. Anyway,*get's factual again* I noticed I actually prefer working on specific problems.
her: What? You? But you are allergic to the word "applied".
him: I know, there are two sorts of applied problems: the ones where you have to take something real and look for soem kind of approximation and the ones where you have a very specific problem (Input = A, Output = B, build the circuit), like microchips construction. The former I couldn't care less, the later I find really fascinating, as they are more like a puzzle.
her: Okay, now I'm definitely posting this conversation!
*they put some cloths on*

Edit: When you fact check your ex's post on a conversation and have it edited.

Last edited:
R

ReflecTcelfeR

Or you disprove that you are any of all the 16 MBTI types and then by analysis come to the tentative conclusion that your case against you not being an INTP is the weakest of all of the types...changing your mind for a short while entertaining the thought about being an ISTP and INTJ but after no longer being able to suspend disbelief after imagining multiple chapters in theses lives returning to the previous forgone conclusion.

Too true.