• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] IQ? ASVAB?

Bougal

HUZZAH!
MBTI Type
ENTP
According to my SAT scores I have an IQ of about 140 or so, and the internet ones say I have an IQ of 153. Yeah right. I'm smart, but my dad and brother are smarter. My dad has taken a real IQ test and he scored 146 and my brother is about 168 on the same internet test that I took.

I have no idea what an ASVAB test is.

deleted
Eyes chord 145 on any cutest online... doughnut Noah boatin' real lady.

Samurai Drifter

MBTI Type
INTP
My IQ was measured at 190 (I topped out the test I was given but they used some kind of estimation), dunno about the other one.

lkpo14

Internet test are useless.. i got from 155-175 on them..
on actual IQ test, i got only 142.

ASVAB- what is this?

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
AH!
*dance of victory*

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
My IQ is 557 according to the Neuschwastein Test, and 10e^5 according to the Bordeaux-Tolouse Neo-PIQPQ Inventory.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Internet test are useless.. i got from 155-175 on them..
on actual IQ test, i got only 142.

ASVAB- what is this?
Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery. I thought about acing it, but I had something better to do that day.

My IQ is 557 according to the Neuschwastein Test, and 10e^5 according to the Bordeaux-Tolouse Neo-PIQPQ Inventory.
Yeah, that sounds about right. *eats ginkgo biloba*

Poser

Fe, rusted.
MBTI Type
INTP
My ASVAB score was near perfect. Sorry, I don't remember the score but I sure do remember all of the recruiters that started mailing and calling. I just remember one of them saying something about the score and how I could be a pilot if I wanted (Riiigggghhhtttt. I should have asked if he thought I would believe that since I got such a high score, I would know better.). I had no intention of going into the military but they were offering voluntary testing during highschool and, well, I like taking tests and getting out of class.

I have no idea what my IQ is. I wouldn't mind finding out and maybe even carrying around a little laminated card to pop out when I do something stupid to show to everyone that witnessed it (*edit - I guess I should have said "IF my IQ was higher than that of a rock". If not then I probably wouldn't get the card to carry around).

I remember being tested when I was younger because they thought I might have to be held back due to a learning disability. Instead, I was moved to advanced classes. The person administering the test said that she wondered how I would have done if I wouldn't have been so pissed off to be there. Another funny thing that stuck out in my parent's mind was that she said I would either be challenged in the new classes and do well or I could be bored and end up being caught 20 years down the road as the mastermind to a bank robbery. Like I would be caught!

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
my iq is about 130-140, conventional tests don't really go above 140. you have to get a specially designed, highly difficult test if your iq is above. my asvab was 94. i scored a 29 on my ACT: 95th percentile. they all seem to correlate pretty well.

Yeah, that's what I had remembered from taking this in high school. I scored the highest you could get on the IQ part, which the guidance counselor told me was about equal to 140. I don't know if I'd have the patience or the inclination to take the Mensa test or anything.

Not_Me

MBTI Type
INTj
My IQ must be sky high cuz Einstein himself said he could not teach me a single thing!

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
My IQ must be sky high cuz Einstein himself said he could not teach me a single thing!

that could also mean you're scary dumb.

Samurai Drifter

MBTI Type
INTP
Wait a second, Einstein died in 1955!

You must be exceedingly old, and yet you know how to use one of these computin' machines. No, nothing adds up about this at all...

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
115 for an online IQ test. AND I WILL BRAG, because it's different.

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
115 for an online IQ test. AND I WILL BRAG, because it's different.
115 on an online test pretty much means 100 on a real weschler.

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
In all seriousness I think my IQ has declined over the years. In elementary school I used to be pretty smart. As the years went on however my score normalized. At least based on the more "standardized" tests which were somewhat unfair because they were dependant on specific ingrained knowledge.

The SATs bombed my previous level of achievment. I got an 1870 on them which was an 88 percentile score then, I don't know what it is now. But I didn't have the privilege some of my friends had in taking higher level courses and my scores reflected that.

We had a kid in our class who got a perfect score. He was on a bunch of my soccer teams as well.

bobjohnson

Ok couple of things here.

ASVAB is the US military's test to find your mos(job). 99 is the highest. There is and never was a 100.

The test you take in school (cat-asvab known as the pre asvab) is now computerized. It is scored much differently and has very little reflection on the real asvab. It is often used to get you to go to the recruiter so they can take you to the local DEP to take the real asvab test.

My IQ is 136 (internet tests are not a reflection of real IQ) That study of presidents earlier was shown to be a fraud. Stephen Hawking has a verifiable IQ of 160, the mensa test is around 250. Highest IQ ever recorded is Marilyn vos Savant with 167+.

I scored a 95 on the asvab. It was the highest score my rss had ever recorded in 2000. Ive only met one person who could prove they had a higher score, thus the percentile ranking.

That said, the asvab is not an IQ test. It is a battery used to determine your capability to do certain jobs in the military. If you score over 90, you will can do anything you want in any branch. I believe a low 80s score opens up all intel options in the usmc.

You simply can not correlate your IQ with the test you took in highschool unless you chose to enlist. The difference is the same as the PSAT to the SAT.

If you score over a 90 on the asvab or a 110 on a verifiable IQ test, then congratulations you is smartz.

bobjohnson

In all seriousness I think my IQ has declined over the years. In elementary school I used to be pretty smart. As the years went on however my score normalized. At least based on the more "standardized" tests which were somewhat unfair because they were dependant on specific ingrained knowledge.

The SATs bombed my previous level of achievment. I got an 1870 on them which was an 88 percentile score then, I don't know what it is now. But I didn't have the privilege some of my friends had in taking higher level courses and my scores reflected that.

We had a kid in our class who got a perfect score. He was on a bunch of my soccer teams as well.

At the time I took the Sat's the highest score was 1600 with additional tests available for physics and other areas.

The new SAT's score up to 2400. A 18-1900 would be about a 1250 on the old test. A very good score, but not as high as it sounds. For example Rice accepted a minimum of 550 or so on each when I was in highschool. 1100+ MiT would have wanted at least a 700+ in math. At the time a 1560 was 99.5% above all over test takers. That would be todays equivalent of over 2300.

penelope

MBTI Type
INxJ
never taken ASVAB (going to look into that), and 136 on IQ. Haven't taken it in a couple of years, though.