• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] IQ? ASVAB?

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Up yours, booya! :D At least i'm original ;)

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
IQ = 140 +/- 5

G-Virus

Broud Balestinian
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
So where does one go to officially test their IQ? I have done the stupid internet ones but come on, that can't be valid, giving me 140+ for analyzing a couple of patterns makes no sense. So where is the official stuff and how much green do they want from me?

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Do not trust online stuff, take ONLY supervised tests.

My IQ is more than 131 (sd15) according to the Mensa challenge in my home country (Ravens Advanced Progressive Matrices), I don't know the exact number though, I only got 'accepted' as an answer. I'd love to measure my mental abilities...

G-Virus

Broud Balestinian
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Do not trust online stuff, take ONLY supervised tests.

Yeah, exactly, any good links to potential supervised testing areas. Costs info etc . . .

Just looking for companies you guys trust, I guess MENSA might be the go to one.

The only real hardcore tests that ranked me were the ACT and the MCAT.

ACT = retarded
MCAT = Genius

ZiL

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
567?
Try taking some manly hormones first, then you go _straight_ through the wood :D.

And afterwards you feel like, you are... ohoh, I need to retake some manly hormones, mine are wearing off

Can you show me this strategy when I go to Germany? I'll have to leave my tour group, but I think that's a good reason :D

I don't know what my IQ is and I've never taken the ASVAB, I just wanted to solicit aid in getting hormones for naked deer hunting. Thanks.

Dwigie

MBTI Type
INFP
Ok know I try something, but dont laugh ! :D :

écoute se comme un bonne base pour définir, les raison de étre.
se = used with "reflective verbs?"(as in "wash-yourself,= se laver)
I think you meant to use c'est as in "it is" a good base to define [...]
then the "raison" is with an s because it's plural but no one will notice that if you're speaking with them.
You have two vowels there so you need to put an apostrophe like in english.
"You are not" can be contracted into "you're not".
"de etre" becomes "d'etre".
:)
:wub: :happy2: I'm sure she's appreciating the effort.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Darn, the ASVAB sure took some time -_- I got out a 90. Is that OK? (= OK in the sense that I could become a soldier, and eventually an officer, in the U.S. Armed forces).

Did it at Military.com

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Math was apparently my weakest side of the four.

Numbers

MBTI Type
INFJ
I wonder how many of you took an actual IQ test (Hint: It has to be standardized to be accurate) and not an internet IQ test (which will be horribly inaccurate).

Not to burst anyone's bubble, but c'mon, not everyone can be a genius. It doesn't work that way ;p

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I wonder how many of you took an actual IQ test (Hint: It has to be standardized to be accurate) and not an internet IQ test (which will be horribly inaccurate).

Not to burst anyone's bubble, but c'mon, not everyone can be a genius. It doesn't work that way ;p

ur just jealous that you didnt have a high enough IQ to locate the highest score reporting internet IQ test :devil:

praedial

MBTI Type
INTJ
It seems to me that internet IQ test scores are super inflated. I mean, come on, anyone can make a minimum of 140 on those. I personally have made scores ranging from 140 to 160.

I do know however that my "real" IQ score is approx. 135. I don't think I put much value in IQ scores regardless, though.

Towafit

MBTI Type
INTP
Argh.. Every place I've been where IQ is discussed never mentions the standard deviation of the scores, there's a huge difference between standard deviations. The European/Cattel scale has a standard deviation of 24 while the Stanford-Binet/USA scale has a standard deviation of 16, and Stanford-Binet/European (at least the Swedish mensa test scale) scale has a standard deviation of 15.
IQ 130 sd15 = 132 sd16 = 148 sd24

alicia91

My IQ is 126, my parents had me tested for a gifted program when I was in upper elementary school.

Kora

MBTI Type
ENTP
I did a test with a psychiatrist when I was younger and I scored 141. On online test I score between 130-145.
... Except one in which I scored 68.

Ishida

MBTI Type
INTJ
I'm a GED graduate, so there is no need for me to even bother.
My IQ isn't anything special.

Seraph

MBTI Type
INTJ
When I was tested in elementary school by a gifted and talented program, I registered as fairly high (enough to skip 2-3 grades).

I think that IQ tests are useful for giving a general idea of spatial reasoning ability, specifically in a Western context. Outside of those raised in Western Europe and America I wouldn't even consider this test as significant. There are far too many areas of 'intelligence' to be measured in one written test.

tmoney

my iq is about 130-140, conventional tests don't really go above 140. you have to get a specially designed, highly difficult test if your iq is above. my asvab was 94. i scored a 29 on my ACT: 95th percentile. they all seem to correlate pretty well.