• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] What is my INTJ thinking?? Help.

Dollface

MBTI Type
ENFJ
I [ENFJ] started to fall in love with my INTJ friend when I was engaged to another man. It confused me at the time, but out of loyalty and respect to my ISFP partner I ignored my feelings. Right before I did, I found out my fiancee cheated on me at his bachelor party. I married him anyway... the money was spent, he promised me we would go to therapy, and I still felt a deep obligation to the commitment and our history. The next year and a half of marriage have been horrible for me. Our marriage started collapsing into itself (slowly) since day one of marriage. That said, my love for my INTJ has just grown stronger. I have fallen so deeply for him that I sometimes imagine myself raising his children. I would never tell him this. A few months ago after a particularly bad fight with my husband, I asked my friend if he's ever been attracted to me. I told him I needed to hear him say no so I could move on. He said no and I did my best to accept it as truth. Recently he approached me via text regarding his attraction for me and that he has "wanted me ever since he knew I wanted him". He said and did so many things to make me think otherwise prior to this, but I have always known deep down that it wasn't true. After some very vulnerable exchanges over messaging my INTJ friend has come back and said he decided that he never sees us together but that we could be best friends. We have "sexual attraction, a great friendship" but that the "romantic" part is missing. Every time we talk about it, my heart hurts. I know that I should continue with therapy and trying to make my marriage work, but I also know that out of all the people I have ever met- I have ever loved anybody as much as I love my INTJ. Can somebody with INTJ rationale please help me understand what I am dealing with?

Lia_kat

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't have any advice - I'm currently trying to get into the mind of an INTJ myself and sorta lost - but I'm wondering why there are no replies. :(:unsure::thinking:

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That description makes no sense to me. The foundation for a good relationship is simple - being best friends and meeting each others needs. You can delve into the needs part I guess. Obviously physical attraction plays a role especially initially. I think INTJs know when something isnt going to work instinctively for whatever reason and when they know it is usually for a good reason though they may not be able to explain it.

Abcdenfp

Terpsichore
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W8
That description makes no sense to me. The foundation for a good relationship is simple - being best friends and meeting each others needs. You can delve into the needs part I guess. Obviously physical attraction plays a role especially initially. I think INTJs know when something isnt going to work instinctively for whatever reason and when they know it is usually for a good reason though they may not be able to explain it.
I think that Highlander has given you some great insight . I definetly it is a case of your INTJ has given this relationship some thought and doesn't see any future. So he will acknowledge the attraction and the friendship but all his criterias for a relationship are not being checked off.