• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTJ] ENTJs in love..

Marc790

MBTI Type
ENTP
Frank, you're onto something. Perhaps marriage, after all, is socially constructed. My intellectual side believes it, yet at some point, I almost give in to the idea of being able to care for someone with whom I share values and convictions.

It almost seems as though just because it's not natural does not mean we've got to reject it, or that nothing good comes of it. I know I come, and it's good. :)

Marc

Monogamy, along with many other aspects of what love is supposed to look like is not natural. Either is staying in one relationship for the duration of your life. Therefore love is work. Work that I'm hoping will be worth it.

lane777

nevermore
Nor I. There is something to be said for standards, and I just cannot stand people who say shit like, "Ph she completes me," or cheesy, "romantic" crap like that.

Especially when they say that about every Someone they've had :rolleyes:

Idealistically, one should come to a relationship already being completed.

:nice:

There's a really wonderful book of poetry by a man named Peter McWilliams that succintly sums up a lot of things about love - I'd recommend it.

I remember getting the book for an SO when we first started dating and her calling me the next day and asking if I knew it was written by a gay man for his gay lover. In the end, we agreed that love, no matter gay or straight, still carries the same emotions. The book is called "Come Love With Me and Be My Life." Check it out. Another sample of that poet's work - and the discussion here:

"Two halves have no choice but to join, and yes, that makes a whole. But two wholes, when they coincide, that's beautiful. That's love."

Yes. Going into a relationship not because you need them, but because you want them.

By the way, people get married when they're bored? Whatever happened to playing pool or, I don't know, umm ...reading a book? If I got into relationships for every time I am bored, I'd have more exes than Philip Markoff has women's panties.

I can think of a few of my friends who have made this into a reality.

What the hell is a wubbie?

Enable your smilies, you're missing out on all the lovin.

Marc790

MBTI Type
ENTP
DONE! Damn, I'll this serious talk makes me hungry!

Especially when they say that about every Someone they've had :rolleyes:

:nice:

Yes. Going into a relationship not because you need them, but because you want them.

I can think of a few of my friends who have made this into a reality.

Enable your smilies, you're missing out on all the lovin.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Nor I. There is something to be said for standards, and I just cannot stand people who say shit like, "Ph she completes me," or cheesy, "romantic" crap like that. Idealistically, one should come to a relationship already being completed.

There's a really wonderful book of poetry by a man named Peter McWilliams that succintly sums up a lot of things about love - I'd recommend it.

I remember getting the book for an SO when we first started dating and her calling me the next day and asking if I knew it was written by a gay man for his gay lover. In the end, we agreed that love, no matter gay or straight, still carries the same emotions. The book is called "Come Love With Me and Be My Life." Check it out. Another sample of that poet's work - and the discussion here:

"Two halves have no choice but to join, and yes, that makes a whole. But two wholes, when they coincide, that's beautiful. That's love."

What the hell is a wubbie?

Marc

Chill out man; here, some love for you: :heart::heart:

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Are there many entj women? Mrawr. :>

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Okay, I don't know if it's just me but for other ENTJ's out there: the rare times that you actually happen to fall in love, is it kind of like an unleashing of a massive force pouring out of a spout that's both too small and has no handles to control the flow?

I find that I only work in extremes. I either give no love or all my love. I can't seem to figure out how to give just enough love.
I've got much of a similar experience and feeling about it. They attribute it to our tertiary feeling, but I think the concept does injustice to us. Still, the feeling varies.

sunset5678

MBTI Type
XNTJ
or sometimes you think you fall in love but it just turns out to be a passing
thing and you realize friends is all that could really be there. and just when
you get the guts to start flirting or using signals when you wish there could
be something more to it, you keep them to yourself and just play it cool.

Marc790

MBTI Type
ENTP
Que? Sorry, I'd do the accent marks, but I don't know how.

I am not so sure we ENTJ's "flirt," or "use signals." Do we send up heart-shaped smoke signals?

As an ENTJ, I cut through the crap and just have a conversation with an object of interest/desire/affection/whatever, and if she fits, then I ask her out. It's pretty simply. We're ENTJ's. We cut through the crap.

Marc

or sometimes you think you fall in love but it just turns out to be a passing
thing and you realize friends is all that could really be there. and just when
you get the guts to start flirting or using signals when you wish there could
be something more to it, you keep them to yourself and just play it cool.