• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] INTP Central

Blurr

MBTI Type
INTP
Jest, btw that emoticon has the word horror spelled wrong (Horor).

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Jest, btw that emoticon has the word horror spelled wrong (Horor).

oh go peddle your editorial corrections elsewhere where they're wanted. :p

wolfy

awsm
I think INTPc must be great fun for INTPs. It seems to be popular, there is nothing wrong with the place. It's just not my scene, but I'm ISFP.
And I have a terrible time reading tone.

How did I come across?

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I hope the INTPs don't all run back over there and leave the rest of us to sit here and argue poorly without the benefit of their Ti to help keep arguments on a track that makes sense.

On the other hand, perhaps if there weren't enough INTPs, I would learn to rely on Rhetoric rather than Logic. Ah, well... I guess either way is fine.

Blurr

MBTI Type
INTP
I think they might be INTP, but there is alot of under-developed, immature INTP. So you see alot of our negative qualities.

I would think that INTPs even at a young age are more reasonable than the norm. Instead, it could be that there are too many members who are unsure of their type and what they reflect is simply insecurity or over analytical thinking. I suspect that most of the new members' posts are meant to help them figure out what or who they are.

A Schnitzel

WTF is this dude saying?
MBTI Type
INTP
I think INTPc must be great fun for INTPs. It seems to be popular, there is nothing wrong with the place. It's just not my scene, but I'm ISFP.
And I have a terrible time reading tone.

How did I come across?

You came across pretty ambivalent. Fairly emotionless.
Hey, that's like an INTP compliment.

I just found your previous post surprising since I've rarely read a post where an INTP is in shock. If I searched for one, possibly, but even then it would be in a blog or personal thread related to the persons real life events. Yes, there is a fair amount of arguing, but that's to be expected for an internet forum. And overall there's less drama on INTPc than on this site.

wolfy

awsm
You came across pretty ambivalent. Fairly emotionless.
Hey, that's like an INTP compliment.

I just found your previous post surprising since I've rarely read a post where an INTP is in shock. If I searched for one, possibly, but even then it would be in a blog or personal thread related to the persons real life events. Yes, there is a fair amount of arguing, but that's to be expected for an internet forum. And overall there's less drama on INTPc than on this site.

I'm not emotionless but I am ambivalent. Thanks for the compliment.

A lot of the threads devolve and people are simply reacting to previous posts in a knee jerk kind of way. Tit for tat. I've got no problem with the place, INTPs seem to enjoy it.

avolkiteshvara

MBTI Type
YaYa
I would think that INTPs even at a young age are more reasonable than the norm. Instead, it could be that there are too many members who are unsure of their type and what they reflect is simply insecurity or over analytical thinking. I suspect that most of the new members' posts are meant to help them figure out what or who they are.

You'd have to define reasonable.

I've heard it said many times over again the INTP profiles sync up to a lot of mental disorders.

We rebel against authority, loathe adherence to normal social conventions, tend to be slobs, and often times are recluses. We are one of the smallest minorities(MBTI that is). We are destined to be fucked up personalities.

If an INTP doesn't work through these things when they're younger, they tend to stay messed up.

Think the unibomber. Crazy dude out in some shack building bombs and sending them through the mail. That is soo INTP.

avolkiteshvara

MBTI Type
YaYa
i'm pretty damn sure he's intj with a respectable sense of humor.

Nahh an INTJ would make a bomb in a warehouse in an industrial district. And he place it in a conventional place like a train station or court house or something.

The mail bit was pure creativity. Plus an INTJ would shave. Unibomber was a scraggly old nut.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think INTPc must be great fun for INTPs. It seems to be popular, there is nothing wrong with the place. It's just not my scene, but I'm ISFP. And I have a terrible time reading tone.

How did I come across?

Which time?

This last post seemed conciliatory enough. :)

I just found your previous post surprising since I've rarely read a post where an INTP is in shock.

would you say that you might have been left ... in shock by Wolfy's post? ;)

If I searched for one, possibly, but even then it would be in a blog or personal thread related to the persons real life events. Yes, there is a fair amount of arguing, but that's to be expected for an internet forum. And overall there's less drama on INTPc than on this site.

I don't think INTPs react to conflict with "shock" ever, really. Ambivalence, annoyance, indifference, cynicism, yes... but not "shock." Shock is far too personal and not typical for "big picture" thinking...

wolfy

awsm
To be perfectly honest, shock went well with accident and that's why I put it in.

stigmatica

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
I had something brilliant to add to this thread... but then I accidentally looked at wastrd's avatar. That was an hour ago... p p pplease h hhelp me!

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I had something brilliant to add to this thread... but then I accidentally looked at wastrd's avatar. That was an hour ago... p p pplease h hhelp me!

1. User Cp
2. Edit Options
3. Show Avatars
4. Uncheck

wastrd

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
a scraggly old nut.

that's the closest one can get to a definition of an intp. so yeah, he possibly is.

looking at your avatar i'd guess it gave you a double erection. is that what's keeping you from posting your brilliant idea ? got your hangs busy ? freak.

stigmatica

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
I'm officially changing my type to EXXP... and then running my ass back over to INTP central as fast as I can. I'll peek in every once in a while over here to see what's up though, I promise

stigmatica

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Probably. I just think there's more chance you'll actually get a response to your post here, by SOMEONE, rather than just being routinely ignored.

Jennifer, in all honesty, I think you are NOT ignored at INTPc. Your posts are usually so accurate and complete, that a reply becomes a moot point. They are read and appreciated though, I suspect.

INTPc members, for whatever reason, seem to shy away from praising others for there insightfulness, and label those that do as kiss ups (me :) ), leaving someone as insightful as you totally ignored. You might try being less insightful, or perhaps leaving holes in your posts as an opening for others to fill in, and thus feel good about themselves.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Jennifer, in all honesty, I think you are NOT ignored at INTPc. Your posts are usually so accurate and complete, that a reply becomes a mute point. They are read and appreciated though, I suspect.

It was sort of ironic that after I bitched about the other forum the other day, I posted twice there figuring I would just keep contributing regardless of feedback and suddenly got some open kudos that I was not expecting. What you say here is actually what I'm picking up, intellectually; it's just hard to overcome emotions sometimes, if one is forced to acknowledge them at all.

it's not that I'm looking for intellectual confirmation necessarily of the ideas themselves, I'm pretty confident in my thought and reasoning, I guess I participate in forums partly for the social/personal reinforcement; and getting an acknowledgment of any degree to a post is a way that I can recognize that, while I might exist wholly and fine as an isolated and independent individual, I'm still part of larger humanity and this reassures me that I am not invisible or unaccepted in the larger community.

INTPc members, for whatever reason, seem to shy away from praising others for there insightfulness, and label those that do as kiss ups (me :) ), leaving someone as insightfully as you totally ignored. You might try being less insightful, or perhaps leaving holes in your posts as an opening for others to fill in, and thus feel good about themselves.

Uggh. How positively Feeling-y. ;)

To springboard slightly on this topic, i've become aware of differences in motivation, let's say, between INTP and ENFJ. INTP will seek to create a self-contained treatise or structure on the topic, and other people are informed by reading it and following the logic. ENFJ is a better "mentor" mentality because it does what you suggest here, the goal is to not describe the topic comprehensively but instead to create spaces in which others can contribute... and for a diverse group atmosphere, this is actually a pretty useful approach since it allows everyone to plug in and feel like they're contributing.