• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] INTP Central

marm

MBTI Type
INFP
Don't apologize for having insight.

You're right that there is no need to apologize. BTW if you carefully note, I didn't say I denied the implication. I just intended no offense in the sense that it was an open-ended implication left to the individual reader's interpretation. :newwink:

As for it being an insight, thanks for the compliment. I can't say that its much of an insight to say that one can find certain forums online where mentally unstable behavior is magnified. Its kind of fun to join forums and discover what hornet's nest you might've stepped into.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You're right that there is no need to apologize. BTW if you carefully note, I didn't say I denied the implication. I just intended no offense in the sense that it was an open-ended implication left to the individual reader's interpretation. :newwink:

As for it being an insight, thanks for the compliment. I can't say that its much of an insight to say that one can find certain forums online where mentally unstable behavior is magnified. Its kind of fun to join forums and discover what hornet's nest you might've stepped into.

INFPs are tricky. And freaky - I used the hornet's nest metaphor myself recently.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
BTW I meant no offense by implying INTPs at INTPc were psychologically unbalanced.

Many of those INTPs there aren't even INTPs.

And a good percentage of them are drug addicts who simply like to think they're profound.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Many of those INTPs there aren't even INTPs.

And a good percentage of them are drug addicts who simply like to think they're profound.

Like, "dog" is "god" spelled backwards!

Woah.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Plus he's mostly confined himself to the INTP only subforum.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Heh, even most INTPs don't understand Hustler.

Littlelostnf

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Heh, even most INTPs don't understand Hustler.

Well that's reassuring. Anyway..I actually liked INTPcentral and I was there before I was here but here has of course more diversity and also I get so little time to post anyway I'd rather have a wider variety of types reading and responding to me. I actually only recommend INTPcentral to mature INTP's...they need them over there. Whenever I lurk it seems they get younger and younger and stranger and stranger like what they read there gives them the right to be a bit jerkier than they have the right to be...they need some mature INTP guidance. INTPs are best...after say 35..then they are almost irresistible hahaha.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well that's reassuring. Anyway..I actually liked INTPcentral and I was there before I was here but here has of course more diversity and also I get so little time to post anyway I'd rather have a wider variety of types reading and responding to me. I actually only recommend INTPcentral to mature INTP's...they need them over there. Whenever I lurk it seems they get younger and younger and stranger and stranger like what they read there gives them the right to be a bit jerkier than they have the right to be...they need some mature INTP guidance. INTPs are best...after say 35..then they are almost irresistible hahaha.

Only one more year for me! :static:

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It gets better and better. After 35 there are far less moments when you look like this - :shock:

Somehow I doubt that.

And at times we're just thinking about something else!

Littlelostnf

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Somehow I doubt that.

And at times we're just thinking about something else!

Ha..nah it truly does get better after 35 no matter what your type

...I wasn't specifically saying INTPs look like that...altho now that I think about it... :)

At times you guys are thinking about something else...I thought you all were always thinking about something ALL the time. :)

A Schnitzel

WTF is this dude saying?
MBTI Type
INTP
It seems as if ENFJs like INTPs, but only with some very defined prejudice.

The INFJs I've talked to seem to like almost all INTPs "except for a few bad pecans".

It seems as if the INFJs tend to be more accepting.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It seems as if ENFJs like INTPs, but only with some very defined prejudice.

The INFJs I've talked to seem to like almost all INTPs "except for a few bad pecans".

It seems as if the INFJs tend to be more accepting.

As a part-time and/or sort-of INFJ I say I like INTPs, although it's hard for me to define an opinion on a type or a forum. I believe I joined INTPcentral in 2005 and then here when it started. People and groups of people/forums are whatever they are in a given moment, and they are also in a state of constant evolution. At first I had an expectation of familiarity with online forums, but managed to get over that. For a while now it's more about discovering whatever is out there.

Littlelostnf

MBTI Type
ENFJ
People and groups of people/forums are whatever they are in a given moment, and they are also in a state of constant evolution

I agree with Toonia here...when I first joined INTPcentral I really truly enjoyed it. As time went on and a different group of INTP's came the mood changed and I moved here when this forum first started.

It seems as if ENFJs like INTPs, but only with some very defined prejudice. The INFJs I've talked to seem to like almost all INTPs "except for a few bad pecans". It seems as if the INFJs tend to be more accepting.

INFJ's more accepting?...well I couldn't say except of the three INTP's I've personally known I've liked all of them and they span the age range from meeting one at 13, one at 20 and the other at about 25 or so...I've known them all now for well lets just say the one I met when he was 13 is now 35 and the one I met when he was 26 is now 46 so I've known them for quite awhile. One INFJ I know that knows the same three INTPs I do is constantly complaining about two of them so...INFJs more accepting...ok if you say so...different experiences make the world go round.