• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] INTP Central

Mephistopheles

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w5
I looked there, and most of the posters seemed to be neglected, raging 14-years old teens(not anyone though). Also, here are many intelligent Fs and Ss, and I think it's interesting to read what they post because variety is always appreciated. So I concluded that it's better to stay here.

Pand0ra

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
I like to discover things myself. Being told to 'check something out' more than once, has me wanting to do the opposite.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I reckon there are more active INTP members here than at INTPCentral now. Something is very wrong over there.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I like this place much better (and I suspect I still would even if I still thought I were an INTP). It's much more....mature overall (at least compared to the INTP of years passed - haven't been there in a long while). :)

sleepy

What is the relationship between Haight and Salomè?

Sometimes it seems to me that Haight is using Salomès account.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Heh.

You may be onto something there sleepy...

Perch420

MBTI Type
NiTi
Enneagram
5w1
I would join if not for the inclusion of a High IQ only forum. It's an embarrassment.

Jonny

null
MBTI Type
FREE
What is the deal with MGB and the open forum? I want all the juicy details! :D

Also, the site has a "house" that votes on bans now?

Stryfe

MBTI Type
INTP
What is the deal with MGB and the open forum? I want all the juicy details! :D

Also, the site has a "house" that votes on bans now?
As I despise forum drama, I won't get into mgb and his antics. You'll have to hang around the forum or go searching through old posts if you want those details.

We do have a "house" now. It's our attempt at representative governance. It's comprised of 9 members who were voted into office for, I think, a 6 month term. They can vote to ban or vote to revoke a ban made by a mod. That's not their only purpose though. It's their job to look at what they can do to improve the forum. Possible changes are proposed, they discuss and debate, and then take a vote.

We've only had the house since the beginning of the year so it's an ongoing experiment in a fairly early stage.

Stryfe

MBTI Type
INTP
I would join if not for the inclusion of a High IQ only forum. It's an embarrassment.
I'm with you there. I was against it myself despite the fact that I would likely get in if I cared to try. (I usually test right around their cutoff)

It's not very active though and the rest of the forum has plenty to offer.

EDIT: Funny enough, after I wrote this I discovered that the house voted to remove the High IQ sub forum a few days ago. It hasn't been done just yet but it's about to happen. Looks like it's time for you to join INTPc.

Haight

Doesn't Read Your Posts
MBTI Type
INTj
They can vote to ban or vote to revoke a ban made by a mod.
Actually, they can't do that. Only Mods can overturn bans.

But the rest is pretty accurate. Nice work.

Stryfe

MBTI Type
INTP
Ahhh, I knew there was some debate about term length when the details were being decided. I think the idea was the start short-ish and possibly increase the term length once we had more of a handle on how the house would function?

the mad wizard

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I took 3 different MBTI test and the results are all the same.

INTP.

Now that explains why.
ro_emote_hmm.gif

Cat_Cloud

MBTI Type
INtP
I checked out the site once and was overall unimpressed by the threads. The current events ones were behind (really I just read too much news...), and some of the more intersting ones were ones i would have looked at anyways on any other site.

Jonny

null
MBTI Type
FREE
Was just banned for the 5th? time from INTPc. I guess I just have a hard time accepting that some people get 6-month bans for intentionally hurtful and hostile behavior, and I was permabanned for not realizing that creating a second account was a bannable offense. I understand that I came across as a less-than-desirable person to have on the forum, but sometimes mistakes are made and people need time to adjust and learn to fit into communities. Is there really no redemption or forgiveness for those who make mistakes? It has been over a year and a half, I'm a regular user of TypoC, and am obviously not a threat to anyone.

This reminds me very much of those poor kids in grade school, secondary school, etc. who, because they were different or were labeled a certain way, were mercilessly ostracized... :shrug:

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Was just banned for the 5th? time from INTPc. I guess I just have a hard time accepting that some people get 6-month bans for intentionally hurtful and hostile behavior, and I was permabanned for not realizing that creating a second account was a bannable offense.

What was the reason the other 4 times? Surely you didn't create 5 accounts... did you?
I understand that I came across as a less-than-desirable person to have on the forum, but sometimes mistakes are made and people need time to adjust and learn to fit into communities. Is there really no redemption or forgiveness for those who make mistakes? It has been over a year and a half, I'm a regular user of TypoC, and am obviously not a threat to anyone.

INTPs aren't exactly known for being forgiving, compassionate people... they're pretty brutal, especially in groups. INTPc in particular prides itself on "hazing" new members, and discouraging/removing the ones that don't fit in. If you want forgiveness, post on a forum full of Feeling-types. It's actually part of the T/F dichotomy, that Thinking types value justice over mercy, and are less likely to make exceptions.

BTW, this is a VERY good reason to make a habit of reading a site FAQ thoroughly before posting. :yes:
This reminds me very much of those poor kids in grade school, secondary school, etc. who, because they were different or were labeled a certain way, were mercilessly ostracized... :shrug:

Yes, exactly. It's all about immature/inferior Fe. It really doesn't become a factor when dealing with INTPs one on one, but it does when dealing with them in groups. It's ironic, considering how much they hate ESFJs, isn't it? :wink: But I guess it makes sense that they don't trust Fe users... I mean, look how their own Fe makes them act! No wonder they don't trust it.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What was the reason the other 4 times? Surely you didn't create 5 accounts... did you?

I dunno. He got banned this time cuz of a dupe after not being around for months.

I remember the first ban, there was a lot of forum uproar and "not fitting with forum culture." He kind of crapped all over the forum, and then made a few dupes in rapid succession (I think) after the initial ban. Not a good move for a later return.

But I think they're more lenient with their "return policy" than we are here.

INTPs aren't exactly known for being forgiving, compassionate people... they're pretty brutal, especially in groups. INTPc in particular prides itself on "hazing" new members, and discouraging/removing the ones that don't fit in. If you want forgiveness, post on a forum full of Feeling-types. It's actually part of the T/F dichotomy, that Thinking types value justice over mercy, and are less likely to make exceptions.

In general, I agree that if you want forgiveness, go to an FP forum.

INTPc "hazes" members simply by being INTP, so the forum ends up being self-selecting; if you can't take the heat, then you don't fit into the culture and should leave or you'll eventually get booted.

There's more T on INTPc, though, than N.
So it's gonna be more ruthless.
Lots of Si / self-preservation outlook too... which tends to be more dour and cynical.

And, the part you're failing to consider... it's very P. The T only sounds rigid. If you change your game based on forum reaction, then you can find accommodation and no one will hold a grudge. That's the part you're missing about "justice"-oriented TP. It flexes if you change, and there's no NEED for forgiveness; one just needs to stop being a douche.

BTW, this is a VERY good reason to make a habit of reading a site FAQ thoroughly before posting. :yes:

Lol. Word from the wise. FAQs are your friend. :)

Yes, exactly. It's all about immature/inferior Fe. It really doesn't become a factor when dealing with INTPs one on one, but it does when dealing with them in groups. It's ironic, considering how much they hate ESFJs, isn't it? :wink: But I guess it makes sense that they don't trust Fe users... I mean, look how their own Fe makes them act! No wonder they don't trust it.

Whatever. You're lecturing again.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I dunno. He got banned this time cuz of a dupe after not being around for months.

I remember the first ban, there was a lot of forum uproar and "not fitting with forum culture." He kind of crapped all over the forum, and then made a few dupes in rapid succession (I think) after the initial ban. Not a good move for a later return.

But I think they're more lenient with their "return policy" than we are here.

Oh! He made them AFTER he was banned for something else, and that's why they were upset. Okay, that sounds a little more reasonable.

In general, I agree that if you want forgiveness, go to an FP forum.

INTPc "hazes" members simply by being INTP, so the forum ends up being self-selecting; if you can't take the heat, then you don't fit into the culture and should leave or you'll eventually get booted.

There's more T on INTPc, though, than N.
So it's gonna be more ruthless.
Lots of Si / self-preservation outlook too... which tends to be more dour and cynical.

I can agree with all of that. I just happen to think that that's why INTPs should never, ever be in large, homogenous groups. They need other types pressuring them to behave in a decent manner, whether they like it or not.

I still don't understand how they can be so decent one-on-one, though... It just doesn't make sense that those same people must act so unreasonably and hatefully in groups! If they would just act the same way publicly that they do privately... sigh.
And, the part you're failing to consider... it's very P. The T only sounds rigid. If you change your game based on forum reaction, then you can find accommodation and no one will hold a grudge. That's the part you're missing about "justice"-oriented TP. It flexes if you change, and there's no NEED for forgiveness; one just needs to stop being a douche.

STOP being one? It seems to me like most people there have to START being one in order to get by on that forum.

Okay, maybe I'm exaggerating a little. I wasn't there for very long, I'm just judging it on the few moments I was there in 2007. I'll shut up now...