• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] INTP Central

scriabin221

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
I would join, but unfortunately registration seems to be closed at the moment.

Hildur

MBTI Type
INTP
I'm a bit worried about the Troll reference (the Jonnyboy discussion). Being an INTP it's rather easy being viewed as insensitive and provocative etc. (maybe that's true about several NT types), I know I've been called that at several occasions (even IRL, but it's even easier being "unpleasant" online).

Having this avatar I really feel I will have to behave my absolute best... :BangHead:

(I'll change it to a kitten some day...)

justadbag

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w8
I'm an ESFP, and I have know many INFPs ESTPs and INTPs.

INFPs are my semi-duals.
INTPs are my duals.
ESTPs....yuck for me, but I know INFPs would love 'em.

I have first hand experience, that Duality definitely works! better than any other type-relation (Activity is not bad either)
I have dated all kinds of people (I AM an ESFP, after-all)

and I have found that the best match for me, (through EXPERIENCE), is my dual, the INTP.

and by the way, this not only includes intimate relationships, but ALSO friendships, work-related-friendships AS WELL!
my favorite types in the world, (out of my first-hand-experience) is my Duals! those funny INTP bastards. and sexy INTP cuties.

therefore, my conclusion (based on my first-hand-real-world-experience), is that Duality can work 90% of the time! and work better than all other relation types!
Hurray for Duality! that is the saving grace of life.

EEW

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
We INTP like to discuss with a wider range. That way we get a big picture. The human population can't be catorized and that's why we like it here so much.
A forum full of INTP can just be plain boring. (on this forum: we are able to correct dummies *haha*)

Does it bother you? The INTP? :p

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
We INTP like to discuss with a wider range. That way we get a big picture. The human population can't be catorized and that's why we like it here so much.
A forum full of INTP can just be plain boring. (on this forum: we are able to correct dummies *haha*)

Does it bother you? The INTP? :p

Indeed, all personality types are important, as we each possess different gifts that can be put to the greater service of humanity. The alchemical formula comprises many substances. No basketball game was ever won by 1 player.

EEW

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Indeed, all personality types are important, as we each possess different gifts that can be put to the greater service of humanity. The alchemical formula comprises many substances. No basketball game was ever won by 1 player.
Yes, you're right. Humans would'nt be able to invent things if they would live on their own. We can only have an evolution if there are factors besides ourselves. That also counts for humans.

danseen

MBTI Type
INTP

INFPs are my semi-duals.
INTPs are my duals.

I have first hand experience, that Duality definitely works! better than any other type-relation (Activity is not bad either)

and I have found that the best match for me, (through EXPERIENCE), is my dual, the INTP.

and by the way, this not only includes intimate relationships, but ALSO friendships, work-related-friendships AS WELL!
my favorite types in the world, (out of my first-hand-experience) is my Duals! those funny INTP bastards. and sexy INTP cuties.

therefore, my conclusion (based on my first-hand-real-world-experience), is that Duality can work 90% of the time! and work better than all other relation types!

duals? we're kindred spirits lol..

It sounds weird, but I reckon our types have a lot of similarities. we both like to problem-solve and have freedom, even if us INTPs don't like to mix and you do lol.. (to say we hate mixing is just a generalisation though).

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

INFPs are my semi-duals.
INTPs are my duals.

I'm wondering on what this dual was based. Was it ESFp with INTp (socionics) or ESFP with INTP (MBTI).

OrionzRevenge

MBTI Type
INTP
INTPc had something of a mass exodus recently, and unless Dr. H is ready to chunk it in the grave, there is plenty of elbow room and not too many people left around to throw a sharp one.

Dr. H has often said he wanted INTPc to be a place where young INTPs could learn about themselves and there are a few people still hanging around over there that think that is something worthwhile.

Anyways, there is no real fear of n00b bashing, given that 20 of you guys could run the joint.

It really isn't my place to offer an invite, but we currently lack any real Admin.

Also, (an issue Dr. H said he was going to repair with a pending upgrade ~ Assuming he is still willing to deal with it all) we have an audio Adware attached via way of Iframes to the website and you'll need to manually add two filters to AdBlock Plus to not be annoyed:

www .jobless-jack.com --- I had to space the www to prevent it causing a link
damnxd.org

We have nearly 10 years of archived threads and hardly any traffic, so if nothing else, come pick through the rubble.

zago

MBTI Type
INTP
INTPc deserves to burn. Never in my life have I seen such groupthink and bullying as I saw there. It got to the point where posting was 5% what was said and 95% who said it. This place is actually a lot better.

OrionzRevenge

MBTI Type
INTP
^^^You know I wont argue about that, but really dude, there is no one there hardly.
LOL, I see you still have the bunny. :D

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
INTPc had something of a mass exodus recently, and unless Dr. H is ready to chunk it in the grave, there is plenty of elbow room and not too many people left around to throw a sharp one.

Dr. H has often said he wanted INTPc to be a place where young INTPs could learn about themselves and there are a few people still hanging around over there that think that is something worthwhile.

Anyways, there is no real fear of n00b bashing, given that 20 of you guys could run the joint.

It really isn't my place to offer an invite, but we currently lack any real Admin.

Also, (an issue Dr. H said he was going to repair with a pending upgrade ~ Assuming he is still willing to deal with it all) we have an audio Adware attached via way of Iframes to the website and you'll need to manually add two filters to AdBlock Plus to not be annoyed:

www .jobless-jack.com --- I had to space the www to prevent it causing a link
damnxd.org

We have nearly 10 years of archived threads and hardly any traffic, so if nothing else, come pick through the rubble.

INTPc is a silly place. Getting judged for the same dumb shit everyone else there is guilty of has lost its appeal. Folks there are more oversensitive than they realize. Not because they aren't INTPs, but because they are. Young INTPs are better off coming here, honestly.

I might like to join an ENTP central or an Alpha Quadra central, if such a thing existed, though.

Oh, and I wasn't banned. I left.

OrionzRevenge

MBTI Type
INTP
^^^Just as with Zago, I agree... you two guys know how many times I ran afoul of the straight lines. But I'm telling you, the whole community picked up and moved away.

If there are those here who weren't as masochistic as I about trying to establish yourselves among hostile natives...
They left the building.

Come Own it, and express yourselves the way you wanted to before.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

What happened? Or is it easy to figure it out, if one reads?

I spend a lot more time on INTPf. At least I can dialogue there, even if the posting is slower-paced. Most of the people I enjoyed talking to left INTPc long ago.

OrionzRevenge

MBTI Type
INTP
It's all over there in threads over the last month or so.

We've had an absentee admin (our only), and had been getting along just fine without any intervention when the audio ad thing started.

Everyone started reading more into the end of days than there was to it and Ptah fronted the money for a new site.
Dr. H shows up and says he is going to fix our problems and appoints a new Admin, but folks just wanted to project their own views on to the timing and whatnot.

I think an argument could be made for Dr. H being apathetic about dealing with the INTPc crowd, and when he did intervene, what occurred illustrated why he had every reason to be Apathetic.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
^^^Just as with Zago, I agree... you two guys know how many times I ran afoul of the straight lines. But I'm telling you, the whole community picked up and moved away.

If there are those here who weren't as masochistic as I about trying to establish yourselves among hostile natives...
They left the building.

Come Own it, and express yourselves the way you wanted to before.

A lot of the people I found really annoying are still there. I didn't mind the one guy who couldn't get over congratulating himself for his atheism that much. I find youngish INTPs who are full of rage less irritating than the INTPs with repressed rage.

zago

MBTI Type
INTP
It's too bad. The place was populated, open, and fun when I joined in 2007. The inner circle started getting really abusive, though. Their way of dealing with the new and different was to insult and ostracize rather than guide and bring up (or ignore at worst). I always wondered what they expected with that kind of behavior. A forum like this can't survive without diverse new and old perspectives. Voting everyone off the island leaves it empty. Duh?

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Pretty much. ^

I remember it used to be more active, too.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I don't like one type only forums if I belonged to an infp forum I would hang myself