• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTJ] ENTJ greatest fears??? or is it just me???

R

Riva

1) stayin alone
2)feeling nothin to do
3)not havin immediate deep thinker or believers of my ideas or similar once
4)talkin to people abt generalized subjects for too long without turnin it into sumthin analytic
5)temptin to argue for fun or WORST - having to hold my tongue
6)wantin to break a rule for fun like an idiot. not for just breakin the rules sake but to c whether my intuition is correct.whether my prediction was correct regardin the reaction from the AFFECTED PARTIES.
7)feelin no immediate problem to solve(i dont mean savin the world but i mean a nice little discussion)
8)feelin that i dont have a plan, for a plans sake.to do sumthin.
9)scared of turnin into an ENTP (dont get me wrong i think ENTPs ARE COOOOOOOOL but they are sed to be very INSENSITIVE. i dont want to be insensitive. i care abt my frends n other humans more than ENTPs)

pls dont misunderstand me, i dont have anythin against ENTPs but i dont like the fact that they are a bit too insensitive.
i do think they are COOOOOL.

so guys what do you think is it just me or is it all ENTJs or am i being too sentimental?

blanclait

MBTI Type
ENTP
^
lol entp's

Well #1, 2 is pretty consistent amongst extroverts, no?

#3-7, i have the same, but i wouldn't call it fear. Its just our Ti getting bored.

Personally i wouldn't mind turning into an INTJ.

Up to 1~7 should be relatively consistent even amongst ENTPs, and 3-7 should be somewhat present in intp/intj

Rest is just you. maybe, #8 i'm not an entj so i would'nt know that one for sure.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
1) stayin alone
-
2)feeling nothin to do
X
-
4)talkin to people abt generalized subjects for too long without turnin it into sumthin analytic
X
-
6)wantin to break a rule for fun like an idiot. not for just breakin the rules sake but to c whether my intuition is correct.whether my prediction was correct regardin the reaction from the AFFECTED PARTIES.
-
7)feelin no immediate problem to solve(i dont mean savin the world but i mean a nice little discussion)
-
X
9)scared of turnin into an ENTP
-

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

1. Some arguments are simply not worth it, no matter the entertainment value.

-Arguing with a professor over topics that aren't arguable in the professors eyes (some philosophy, history, economics and obviously science professors) is not wise. All this does is put you on his shit list. There are those rare professors that will respect you for arguing, but you need to make sure they are one of those.

-arguing over "traffic", or other "bar fight" level bullshit. Its just not worth it to do the whole roll the window down and yell shit. Its not worth it, because you just don't know the other person's stress level, religious views, desperation, or gun liscences mean for you.

-arguing over bureaucratic bullshit. Im not saying that one shouldnt push for obvious changes in bureaucratic bullshit. There is the effective ENTJ path of gathering the resources to make things run better and then there is the ineffective way. Do not get into arguments for change, if you don't have the resources or the power to influence change. (scheming to get that power would be a better use of your time)

2. Don't burn bridges that you don't have to. Example: I will not seek debate with Christians unless they publicly challenge me. However, the day their beliefs start to effect my life, I will seek out that argument. Until then, there is no reason to burn bridges by seeking argument.

3. The best way to argue, besides obvious technical aspects of debate, is to keep your cool. You need to win over the neutrals. Neutrals tend to be scared of people who seem emotional or rampant idealists. One of the best examples of an arguer who keeps his cool, is Bill Maher. Even those who vehemently oppose him, have a hard time tearing him down, even when he's wrong, because of his demeanor. He is nearly impossible to fluster. Compare this to bill O'Rielly's emotional outbursts and you see why neutrals would generally see Maher as more rational no matter what they talk about.

Probabaly more than you bargained for, but I felt like lecturing haha.

Darjur

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1) stayin alone
2)feeling nothin to do
9)scared of turnin into an ENTP (dont get me wrong i think ENTPs ARE COOOOOOOOL but they are sed to be very INSENSITIVE. i dont want to be insensitive. i care abt my frends n other humans more than ENTPs)
1)-
2)-
3)+
4)-
5)+
6)+
7)+
8)+
9)-

As a random INTP, this is what I get.

Chris_in_Orbit

MBTI Type
ESTJ

Lol is this a seriously one of your fears?

PurpleCloud

MBTI Type
ENTJ
1) stayin alone
2)feeling nothin to do

pls dont misunderstand me, i dont have anythin against ENTPs but i dont like the fact that they are a bit too insensitive.
i do think they are COOOOOL.

so guys what do you think is it just me or is it all ENTJs or am i being too sentimental?

Apparently having dreadful spelling is not one of your biggest fears :devil:.

Twixt

MBTI Type
ISTP
Apparently having dreadful spelling is not one of your biggest fears .:devil:

HAHAHAHAHA :rofl1:

Hmm... I would think that inefficiency is one ENTJ pet peeve? Not necessarily a 'fear' per se, but definitely something that gets their goat? (correct me if I'm wrong!)

PurpleCloud

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Inefficiency is definitely a pet peeve! You're correct on that =)!

T

ThatGirl

being that I have my ENTJ moments I will say ENTJ greatest fears are....

Seriously fuck you!

That was a joke hahaha

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Aww, there's nothing more endearing and beautiful than someone showing their vulnerable side :) Especially not when they are normally a tough cookie. It makes you feel special that they trust you with that side of them :)

phoenix13

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Aww, there's nothing more endearing and beautiful than someone showing their vulnerable side :) Especially not when they are normally a tough cookie. It makes you feel special that they trust you with that side of them :)

I need to bring balance to the ENFP perspective and say: :sick:

:)alttongue:)

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Hmm... I would think that inefficiency is one ENTJ pet peeve? Not necessarily a 'fear' per se, but definitely something that gets their goat? (correct me if I'm wrong!)

Yeah, but my reasoning for disliking inefficiency is based on this simple fact: the less time you spend working, the more free time you have.

I have no problem feeling vulnerable btw. Well, except, I wouldn't like to be in a jungle without a machete or something - but I don't think that was what you were referring to. I'm not an extremely sensitive person - perhaps that's why I don't fear vulnerability, because I feel like I could take the loss without an excessive shock.

Yazoo

MBTI Type
ENTP
Feeling vulnerable.

Emotionally vulnerable, yes. In other arenas, I think we like taking (calculated) risks, as they are key to getting ahead and improving efficiency.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
I hate inefficiency as well, not sure whether those are the times I have my ENTJ switch flipped or not...

Funny to read the stuff about ENTP's... from what I can see, we're supposed to be the most socially considerate of the NT's due to the tertiary Fe, whilst ENTJ's I hear always complained about for being aggressive and insensitive...

Yazoo

MBTI Type
ENTP
I hate inefficiency as well, not sure whether those are the times I have my ENTJ switch flipped or not...

Funny to read the stuff about ENTP's... from what I can see, we're supposed to be the most socially considerate of the NT's due to the tertiary Fe, whilst ENTJ's I hear always complained about for being aggressive and insensitive...

I think that is an extreme ENTJ, tbh. Although admittedly I do have a weak J, I am pretty laidback, but just like to have some sort of direction. I do tend to be the leader of groups, but this is more down to people coming to me for guidance (and I really don't know why?!) or circumstance than conscious instigation. I think people do sometimes go along often with my decision sbecause I lay out my reasons for them clearly and logically, rather than getting all aggressive. If you think about it, aggression sit comfortably with logic, and so should be relatively rare for any NT...