• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NT Habit

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I don’t tend to piss people off but I am surrounded by some very sensitive souls who get easily upset with me if don’t phrase things right and constantly reassure them I care :emot-emo:

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
yes but I think it's because I am direct rather than vacariously dancing around people. I don't assume emotional reactions to every small thing, and yet others seem to be like that.

L

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
Anyone else have a habit of pissing people off when you dont mean to. Sometimes I find it funny. Other times I dont even care that they're upset. I always find that they're overreacting.

Usually, that's the intended effect, especially if they are prone to overreacting and stewing over stupid stuff. You find it funny because it is.

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
The only people that I manage to offend without intention or awareness are FJs, and fuck their sensitivities anyway.

LOL. The other day I was at a party with a bunch of pansy-ass Frenchies, and my friend (married to one) mentioned how her husband had taken the near-dead goldfish from the tank and flushed him down the toilet. To which I responded: "why? You could have let the others eat him."

*stunned silence*

After a pause, someone says: "ooo-kay", and then another: "very telling."
Of what? I dunno.
:rolli:
:rofl1:

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
Don't we all?
No use in wasting perfectly good fish food.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Anyone else have a habit of pissing people off when you dont mean to. Sometimes I find it funny. Other times I dont even care that they're upset. I always find that they're overreacting.

I didn't used to, because I didn't want people to hate me.

Now I accept it's better just to be "me" more than always make everyone else feel good. Everyone needs to stretch a little.

I still, though, usually perceptive enough to manage to avoid being utterly rude.
(Unless I'm trying to be.)

Why do you assume others are always overreacting?
Oh wait a moment, I misread your phrasing -- other people aren't always overreacting, you're just always ASSUMING they are.

So... why do you do that?
Assumptions are notoriously unreliable.

...Case in point, I remember back in high school where I called a black person the "N" word just to see what would happen.

And what happened?

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
*Stunned silence (?)*

These were the same specie of some sorta 60 cm fish.
Your goldfish scenario, only on a bigger scale.

I imagined the other fish were bigger fish - they weren't goldfish, but a more pugnacious sort.
Where'd you steal the pic? ;) :)thelook: can = skepticism)

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No, I never piss anyone off. But then my Fe is extraordinarily well-developed and I am acutely sensitive to the needs of others as well as profoundly respectful of individual differences. I am a saint, actually.

Kora

MBTI Type
ENTP
I usually do it on purpose. I find funny the search for people's 'red button of anger', and push it when I'm bored. Maybe it's my hidden way of showing love.

Eldanen

Arcesso pulli gingerios!
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4

Plenty of times. Especially with ESFJs. Or Js in general. It's like as soon as you say something, BOOM, reaction. Geez, at least think about what I say, lol. I'm sometimes liable to do it on purpose. Especially if I get angry with people who like to overreact a lot.

LucrativeSid

When I piss people off, it's usually because I've made them feel stupid. That's a negative trait of mine associated with my impatience. "How the F*** did you think that was going to work?" "You don't remember that? We just talked about it last week!" Other than that, everything is pretty great, and when I do anger someone, I can always get them loving me again in less than 2 minutes.

ed111

MBTI Type
INTJ

I do this all the time. It's probably because I walk around looking as though I want to kill people (I've been told this on several occasions). I can also be very sarcastic, very stern, sharp and worst of all, if in a foul mood can just sit, not talking to anyone, looking as though I'm going to combust (in which case people avoid me more than normal).

When in a good mood, I tend to annoy people by being flippant about something that is of concern to someone else. I can be very critical, and also make jokes that are of very poor taste, or behave in ways which are really insensitive (such as laughing non-stop through an episode of south park in which an old man is trying to kill himself with a group of people whose grandmother had just died).