• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Manipulation VS Sweet Talking

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
The truth is, and I know NF's hate such cynicism, but words and 'feelings' do not mean anything. They are air. They are variable. They change. Building anything on feeling or words, is a risk.

The only thing you can safely rely on is judging people by their actions. This will reveal where their true feelings and commitments lie. Look at the decisions people make, watch what they do, observe how they treat people they do not need to impress.

Edit: Also, make people earn your trust.

Much agreed. I don't know what the F says about me but that's how I like to see things myself. I'm never nice just for the sake of karma (well, maybe with the old lady trying to cross the street and whatnot). As I meet people I tend to wear my "cool". It helps to filter people with ill intentions pretty fast.

(By "cool" I mean knowing your good, something others might confuse with arrogance :p)

EDIT:But just to be clear, jokes aside, I don't like messing with people heads at all.

MissMurder

MBTI Type
eSTP
Wow, what an awful person. I'd never stoop to such a level to get something. There is something to be said for honor.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My ESFP step-daughter is a master manipulator with sweet talking. She was a better "negotiator" than her parents at age 9 already. She has consistently talked other people into footing her finacial bills and getting whatever she wants. Recent run-ins with the criminal justice system have temporarily put an end to that however.

This reminds me of my mother, minus the justice system part. Apparently my mother figured out a way to operate with out getting tagged.

I can do it, but it isn't somehting that I do everyday. Usually I use it with my superiors, not with people I love, and I can't see anything wrong with that. It's just fighting for what do you want.

I once had a boss I had to do this with and I am so glad I don't have to anymore.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Sweet talking is a form of manipulation.

And not all manipulation is necessarily inherently wrong though I personally have a general disdain for it.