• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] How do you deal with stress ??

norepinephrine

MBTI Type
INTP
Along the 'fuck it' line of thought and music, I usually go with "Flowers are Pretty."

It's gotten me through having my position eliminated and being reassigned, an ovarian tumor, and serving as treasurer on a Political Action Committee with a campaign manager who almost drove me insane.

What can I say? It's been an interesting year.
------------------
Children are lovely before they get ugly, and learn to do bad stuff.
Flowers are pretty before they get shitty, and rot and turn to dust
I heard that life is a wheel and you can't make it stop
If you try it'll flatten your head
It's a circle of shit we're in the middle of it
but soon we'll all be dead

Like everybody else that ever lived before, the things you make fall to the floor
and nobody knows how hard you tried, it's been that way since the start of time-
There was a caveman that did some amazing things
but nobody here gives a f**k
And in a thousand years they'll feel the same
towards all the things you've done

CHORUS:
So don't worry what might give you cancer-
or stay up nights just wanting answers
Its just a crap shoot, but it's mostly crap
things start off they're so terrific
they'll f**k up it's scientific
Entropy, uncertainty won't yield to you

Love at first sight on a beautiful night and a feeling so divine
gets sucked down the toilet 'cause something will spoil it
with the good times left behind you
Don't try to figure out who's at fault
powerful forces abound
like a twig on a river in the universe
tomorrow you'll probably drown

CHORUS:
So don't worry if it is a tumor -
all this will be over sooner
Its just a crap shoot, but it's mostly crap
things start off they're so terrific
they'll f**k up it's scientific
Entropy, uncertainty won't yield to you or you

And all the things that matter most
disappear, here's a toast
to erosion and corrosion, Altimzers and pain

Don't try to figure out who's at fault
there's powerful forces at play
and if you lose your legs and have to beg
it's really all the same

GargoylesLegacy

Kickin' Ass since 1984
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w9
Oh, good Thread!

Personally, when I get stressed, I tend to be uh.."aggressive" pretty easy. Best is to let me do my Work then, since it *looks* like I would run a Marathon or so (just had that Today again *lol*).
But once I have worked tru, I come down really fast again and Everything is fine. :)

FFF

Fight For Freedom
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Take a big dose of 'fuck it'. Indeed, fuck it! In 100 years you'll be long dead and none of this will matter much. In fact, everything is destined for nothingness at some point. Nothing really matters completely.

Thanks a lot. I took your advice and now I'm clinically depressed. :frown:

Yazoo

MBTI Type
ENTP
This is my first post here, so hello everybody :hi: Am quite new to Myers-Briggs theory in general, but as I'm apparently an ENTJ, I'll just give you my two cents worth anyways :devil:

When I'm stressed, I try good old escapism - taking some time out, such as a long walk or a good book or a few glasses of wine with friends. However, even while I'm 'escaping', whatever is troubling me will still be bubbling away under the surface. This might not sound very effective, but it actually is, as I usually come up with solutions to my problems while trying to distance myself from them.

This might not make sense on a superficial level, but I suppose the process behind it is that by doing some displacement activity, I'm giving myself time and space (even without meaning to) to think through my troubles dispassionately and logically. So, if you're anything like me, escapism may not be as relaxing as it sounds, but it can be a way of ensuring distance from emotions. It is when emotion gets muddled in with reason (which really isn't often for me) that I get stressed, so I need a process with which to prise them apart.

Frank

Vigorous excercise works best for me.Windsprints more often than not will do the trick. If you are not the pyhsical type try getting lost in a good documentary or movie.

Wade Wilson

MBTI Type
INTP
I bottle it up inside and save it all for my huge mid-life psychotic breakdown when I end up with more fries than ketchup at Burger King one afternoon.

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
Drugs.

Kidding.

Stress. I guess its one of those things that I kind of strive to avoid at all costs. I've always been able to take things light heartedly so humor and evasiveness have been a go to combo for me for a while.

It's not healthy but I would say once I reach the tipping point a good ole argument or a little loud music will do the trick. I sort of get a little incapacitated by it sometimes and thats usually when I just go on the internet and idle about reading a couple of things here and there until I find something that gets my interests perked up a bit. I have a short cycle for things though and can't sustain any deep emotion for long, blessing and a curse I guess.

Provoker

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
I have a few techniques. First, I open my jaw as wide as I can and stretch the muscles that go up to my temple. Second, because I can't afford to get regular massages, I put Deep and Cold on the back of my shoulders, neck, and lower scalp. This helps relax those muscles and is very cheap and requires minimal effort. Third, I watch movies or listen to online interviews to take my mind off things. Fourth, I move around. If I am sitting in isolation for too long doing a task and starting to drift off or getting ansy I get up and walk around and then go back with a renewed sense of focus.

I think there's a few important issues when it comes to stress. One is that often a short-term relief from stress can result in increased stress once the activity is over. For example, going out when you have a big project, meeting, assignment, interview, etc. You gain in the short-run but screwed yourself in the long-run. If the stress is temporary than perhaps you have to do what you have to do. But if it's an on-going thing, then one should get at the root of the problem - the source of stress.

MBTI Type
INxJ
Working out
Getting drunk
Having sex

Exercise is good because you have an outlet.

Llewellyn

MBTI Type
INtj
Enneagram
9w1
My J comes out, big time

Yeah, I can see this too. Sometimes at the end of a day I get 'roused up' (or how do you call it) and lately I imagined to be INTJ (which would be my second type). I even had a person make a move to me saying I had no love in my eyes (not at all to say that about INTJ's, just about my stress, or the stupidity of the person who said it). It felt different. I was also more aware of a sort. Noticing some strange (what I think strange) behaviours of people like staring into me when they're waiting.

It could also be a culmination of Ti, leading to Fe-felt judgements (I can imagine that would be totally unclear).

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
It's strange because I deal with stress remarkably well, much better than my mother who is ISFJ and who is 'supposed' to be the 'together ' one. It's almost like I fail miserably and fall apart at life but if you put me under significant stress (esp if it involves a loved one) I become this 'together' person whilst everyone else is quivering around me. I become very calm and if the stress is extreme I become very unemotional
Weird!

T

ThatGirl

Yeah, I can see this too. Sometimes at the end of a day I get 'roused up' (or how do you call it) and lately I imagined to be INTJ (which would be my second type). I even had a person make a move to me saying I had no love in my eyes (not at all to say that about INTJ's, just about my stress, or the stupidity of the person who said it). It felt different. I was also more aware of a sort. Noticing some strange (what I think strange) behaviours of people like staring into me when they're waiting.

It could also be a culmination of Ti, leading to Fe-felt judgements (I can imagine that would be totally unclear).

This is what I mean by inner J comming out

I'm cool, haha I'm cool, I'm cool......BAM!

Activate boundaries, lock that shit down, patience off, get the fuck out of my way now........

.............Focus...................

its kind of creepy

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If I allow my insecurities to kick in..not well.

If I know I'm allowed to use my own approach to deal with it, I can pull the weirdest things out of my ***, but they usually solve the problem (in a very odd way, I've been told repeatedly by my INTJ boyfriend :p)

praedial

MBTI Type
INTJ
I'm rarely ever stressed, but do you really want to know what I do?

I call my mommy, bitch about it, she gives me advice and I say "I'm an adult, mom, and I'll do what I want!" in a really snot-nosed way. I hang up, mope around by myself for an hour, call a friend and go do something fun.

blanclait

MBTI Type
ENTP
if its not the point of anxiety attack, i read a book, go on forums, etc while listening to new music. i don't get stressed easily anymore.

Unique

At the moment any kind of stress is coming on I usually stop whatever it is that's making me stressed and come back to it later. I go onto something else.

sleeptowin

MBTI Type
INTJ
i m currently doing my duty for my country in an institut for handicapped people.... its exhausting to work with people, i ve never been that stressed out in my life, anver been so damn sensitve to viruses and flu etc.
do you have any methods to deal with stress in job and daily life??

In my case, it depends really. Most of the time I try to shake it off by telling my self that stressing my self out will not do any good at all.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It's nothing that a bottle of wine and a few hours of good sex and conversation can't take care of! :D

Otherwise, I've always found cooking- especially anything involving a lot of chopping or baking bread- to be a good stress releif.

Hiking is also quite nice, as is driving aimlessly and photographing whatever captures your interests.

Or getting absorbed in a good book....

Basically toss yourself to the bread and circuses that life provides ;)

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Relax for a while, and go back to the problem later. I have some difficulty dealing with stress too.