• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Hitler...intj or entj?

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
Instead of spouting this again, please demonstrate to me how the hell you think he was an S.

Better yet, you all substantiate N.

What because he was ambitious?

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
I must say, I admire Nocapszy for keeping up with the spirit of the Nazism-related discussion.

After all Goebbels said “If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it."

Edgar is my new favorite member.

Are you going to see into the rest of my jokes?
But I am right. It was a joke, but I am right.
He's ESTJ. Well... after he died he became an introvert, but I don't know that we can hold that against him.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I suppose my two cents don't really matter in this thread, but Hitler was an NF. I've already gone through great lengths discussing that in another thread. Exactly which NF, I do not know, but I leaned toward xNFP because I suppected he had more Fi than Fe.

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
so does anyone have reasons for why they believe hitler is the type they believe he is...

Rajah

Reigning Bologna Princess
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Better yet, you all substantiate N.

What because he was ambitious?
"No, you do it!"

Your argument sucks ass.

And, yeah, I'd totally equate "N" with "ambition." Because I'd definitely stereotype an SJ as a lazy bastard who sits on his ass all day.

Bella

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Hitler wasn't really human anymore, so maybe he didn't have a type. If Satan has a type, that would probably be Hitlers type, just in a milder form.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
"No, you do it!"

Your argument sucks ass.
No, your argument sucks ass.

Hint: I didn't make an argument.

And, yeah, I'd totally equate "N" with "ambition." Because I'd definitely stereotype an SJ as a lazy bastard who sits on his ass all day.
As adroit as you have historically been in type analysis, I have to call you on this one.
I know more than one IS_J who consistently do as little as possible.

Rajah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Hint: I didn't make an argument.
Hint: No shit.

As adroit as you have historically been in type analysis, I have to call you on this one.
I know more than one IS_J who consistently do as little as possible.
Did you catch the bit where I said "stereotyping"? As in "a stereotype," as in "not your friend(s)"?

Are you really this daft?

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Hitler wasn't really human anymore, so maybe he didn't have a type. If Satan has a type, that would probably be Hitlers type, just in a milder form.

Eh.

He got syphilis.

BlackOp

MBTI Type
intj
so does anyone have reasons for why they believe hitler is the type they believe he is...

Well, my thoughts were I can play entj at times. Hitler was hands on with his generals and surrounded himself with very smart people militarily.He effectively worked the political circles as well. He also seized the social climate of his country and exploited it..albeit in an idealized fashion. His actions were cold, ruthless pragmatism. The visual esthetic of nazi germany was beautiful and resonated power. I had the impression he was more conceptually minded but who can say what influence his supporting cast had on the plan. Did it start small then grow into a monster? Once it had teeth it started biting.....then spun out of control? It was a clusterfuck of attempted idealism carried out through ruthless pragmatism.

Ultimately it failed as the root ideology was based on a fictional concept. Something the Neo-cons are learning as well in Iraq.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
Hint: No shit.
What???
You've got me confused.

So first you tell me my argument sucks ass.
Directly afterward, you renege by agreeing that I didn't have one.
So then what was it you were referring to when you said [not an argument] sucked ass?

Clearly you're not paying much attention, either to me, or to yourself.
In either case, you're giving me little inclination to flesh out my idea.

Did you catch the bit where I said "stereotyping"?
I did, and since stereotyping is absolutely the worst possible way to type, aside from the Darts Method I ignored that part of the remark.

As in "a stereotype," as in "not your friend(s)"?
They're not my friends. I didn't say they were. Again, not paying attention. Is it possible you misperceived when reading/watching about Hitler?

Are you really this daft?
Are you?
IS_Js are typically not very ambitious. Introverted Sensing would more comfortably do the paperwork or take the dictation -- anything predictable where they'll not have too many cognitive problems to face rather than try to become head of a company/take over a country etc. They're preferably sedentary -- not ambitious.

Intuitives on the other hand (since you're using stereotypes) are not all stereotypically ambitious, except what ones contain the digit J. Those N_Js and their crazy conniving plans!

Well maybe they don't use the term ambitious in the online type descriptions, but what it boils down to, with certitude, is at least reminiscent of ambition.

Bella

MBTI Type
ISTJ
What???
You've got me confused.

Directly afterward, you renege by agreeing that I didn't have one.
So then what was it you were referring to when you said [not an argument] sucked ass?

Clearly you're not paying much attention, either to me, or to yourself.

I did, and since stereotyping is absolutely the worst possible way to type, aside from the Darts Method I ignored that part of the remark.

They're not my friends. I didn't say they were. Again, not paying attention. Is it possible you misperceived when reading/watching about Hitler?

Are you?
IS_Js are typically not very ambitious. Introverted Sensing would more comfortably do the paperwork or take the dictation -- anything predictable where they'll not have too many cognitive problems to face rather than try to become head of a company/take over a country etc. They're preferably sedentary.

Yes. (about ISTJ's)

Lexlike

MBTI Type
InTP
Enneagram
4w5

unfortunately, jesus was propably INFJ, too....
anyway, a type can t be evil.... actually just one person can t be pure evil too

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Well, my thoughts were I can play entj at times. Hitler was hands on with his generals and surrounded himself with very smart people militarily.He effectively worked the political circles as well. He also seized the social climate of his country and exploited it..albeit in an idealized fashion. His actions were cold, ruthless pragmatism. The visual esthetic of nazi germany was beautiful and resonated power. I had the impression he was more conceptually minded but who can say what influence his supporting cast had on the plan. Did it start small then grow into a monster? Once it had teeth it started biting.....then spun out of control?

Ultimately it failed as the root ideology was based on a fictional concept. Something the Neo-cons are learning as well in Iraq.
ok good answer. now besides the cold part of that, why couldn't an ENFJ do that? an ENFJ with distorted ideals could easily do something of that nature imo.

and to all of you arguing about whatever, stay on target.

anyway, a type can t be evil.... actually just one person can t be pure evil too
now that i just told everyone to stay on target im going to deviate...sorry ahead of time

jesus's personality was defined by who wrote about him. matthew -> SJ, mark -> SP, luke -> NT, john -> NF...hypothetically speaking of course

Bella

MBTI Type
ISTJ

Killing millions of people is as close to pure evil as you're going to get. (Not the act, the person)

Rajah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
What???
You've got me confused.

Look here, Nocapszy. I asked you to provide an argument. In lieu, you chose to provide... well, nothing. Instead, you put the onus on me.

Cheap.

Your "argument" (said heavily tongue-in-cheek), therefore, sucked.

Incidentally, you also suck at understanding sarcasm or, for that matter, criticism.

I'm hardly going to hold your hand, especially when I asked you for support and you requested I do all the work. I'm pretty sure I've already established my ability to construct a reasonable argument; I've yet to see you come close. Put up or shut the hell up.

Did you get the point where I sarcastically resorted to stereotyping in response to your ridiculous claim that I deemed him an N because he had ambition. If that's how you read the MBTI, I think it's safe to say we can ignore your astute input from here on out.

You know what? Don't bother constructing an argument; I'd rather have one fewer post to slog through.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
Look here, Nocapszy. I asked you to provide an argument. In lieu, you chose to provide... well, nothing. Instead, you put the onus on me.

Cheap.

Your "argument" (said heavily tongue-in-cheek), therefore, sucked.

Incidentally, you also suck at understanding sarcasm or, for that matter, criticism.
Either that, or now you're defending bullshit with more bullshit.

But what do I know about argument politics?
"Something about leverage... I don't know what the fuck he's talking about."

I'm hardly going to hold your hand, especially when I asked you for support and you requested I do all the work. I'm pretty sure I've already established my ability to construct a reasonable argument; I've yet to see you come close. Put up or shut the hell up.
No ma'am. What I do works for me.

Did you get the point where I sarcastically resorted to stereotyping in response to your ridiculous claim that I deemed him an N because he had ambition.
Oops! I didn't claim anything (except ESTJ, but that's separate from this debate). I asked a specific question. Instead of correcting me with the right word, you chose to become belligerent and standoffish.

Again with the poor observation. I can only assume that's the reason for your choosing the wrong course of action here -- poor observation.

If that's how you read the MBTI, I think it's safe to say we can ignore your astute input from here on out.
Apparently lady, I'm not really the one misreading things.

You've made faulty several assumptions of me just in this very thread.

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
My point is that these Hitler threads have been done to death and they are increasingly annoying.

Indeed. :dry:

---

But I'm wondering why everybody here seem to assume he was a J, "well structured and organized" when most historians describe his office as being "extremely messy", and point out the fact he wasn't obsessed over details and let his lieutenants do most of the administrative job. Unlike Stalin who was a real workacoholic, Hitler was very lazy. If he hadn't found a job as a professional politician, he would probably have ended as a tramp (he was very close to become one, just after WWI).