• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Are you "full of yourself?"

juggernaut

Permabanned
Probably so. More of a "I will live life on my terms" kind than the "I'm better than you" sort.

+1

I don't think I've ever thought I was "better" than anyone, but there are people I definitely do not want to waste my time on. As a mother I've learned there are few tasks "beneath" me in any real sense, regardless of how supposedly intelligent or talented I might be.

Vildechaya

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I think NTs & NFs and SFJ's are equally arrogant.
NT's just are more obvious about it. (shadow Fe is not good at social situations)

NF's and SFJs can be extremely arrogant as well. It's just a "sweeter-more socially acceptable" arrogance, built on "niceness" and "morality".
An they only unleash it when they think they can get away with it.

L

Lasting_Pain

At one point I can be very full of myself then the next I minute I would be destroying myself.

alpaca

MBTI Type
INTP
NT's are perhaps the temperament most known for their arrogance.

Do you find certain things to be so simple and boring that you you put off doing them for a long time?

Do you believe you are capable of doing much more than what you're current responsibilities are but do lack luster on the current "simple" responsibilities?

If you have them, do you believe you can overcome these tendencies? If so, how?

1. Yes, definitely. But I think a lot of people do that, right? Running errands, doing dishes, washing hair.... wait...

2. Yeah, it's a bad habit. I may be vastly overestimating myself for all I know.

3. Being around "doers" is helpful; they teach you how and give you the gumption to do what you need to. Similarly, NTs do well to associate with people who have emotional intelligence. "Overcoming" is impossible, but managing is feasible. The trick is not to think about it so much before doing something.

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
Yes, I'm "full of myself".

I've also found out that when someone calls you that, it usually means that you're not doing what they want you to, and you've come up with a damn good reason not to. Since they can't/don't want to argue back on a purely logical level, they'll just criticize you hoping that you'll feel crappy enough to comply.

It stops working after a while.

Tewt

MBTI Type
ENTP
LOL

One time in an argument (where I clearly won) my father, having nothing more to say or counter with said "You just think you're smarter than everyone!" :steam: And I just said "Duh"

I think most people are full of themselves to be honest.

Particle

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Seconded :D well I know I am, I think it's more a matter of letting it show...
Throughout most of my school life I was sitting in class and couldn't be bothered to switch my brain on and make an attempt to solve any given problem, but now I come to think of it this might have more to do with me being lazy than with me being arrogant...meh..probably both.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Are you "full of yourself?"

Yes!
So full of myself that I spash all over the place if I don't watch my step.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
LOL

One time in an argument (where I clearly won) my father, having nothing more to say or counter with said "You just think you're smarter than everyone!" :steam: And I just said "Duh"

Someone told me I just have to be better than everyone else hahaha

Everyone is full of themselves. The only difference between martyrs and egoists are martyrs do a better job of covering it up.

I get told all the time I am full of myself. Is this normal? Seems like it is, for good reasons or not.

[add]: to answer the question: yes, yes, no. Or only sometimes.

Tewt

MBTI Type
ENTP
Someone told me I just have to be better than everyone else hahaha

Everyone is full of themselves. The only difference between martyrs and egoists are martyrs do a better job of covering it up.

I get told all the time I am full of myself. Is this normal? Seems like it is, for good reasons or not.

[add]: to answer the question: yes, yes, no. Or only sometimes.

LOL yep, I think the only difference is that NTs are not shy at showing our love for ourselves. :wubbie:

deepthought

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I'm full of myself when it comes to my intelligence, I am of above-average intellect compared to the general population.

Katsuni

Priestess Of Syrinx
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4?
The problem with being better than everyone else, is people tend to assume yeu're pretensious.

Yay despair.com quotes 4tw.

That being said, I *TRY* not to be... I *TRY* to be humble... it's just not in my nature. It's a serious uphill battle, because one of my main defenses to keep my poor little fragile (and it's frustratingly so at times >.< ) ego from going squish, is to put on an air of false intensity. I try to avoid really pulling people down, though over the years, I've grown quite a barbed tongue at times... it's not intentional, I've just been conditioned to think of these kinds of jokes. The problem is, my ability to "just let that one go" is nil. So I say it anyways. I generally appologise afterwards though >.> Which defeats the purpose so I try not to. But I should. Gah it's so complex ;_;

In any case, don't assume my making fun of yeu is intentionally mean please, it's reflex most of the time, and I do poke fun at myself as well. Though I also overinflate my ego at times as well >.>;;

Glass Forest

MBTI Type
INTJ
I'm not, i usually have crap self esteem :/

My introvertedness and 'sensotard' moments really make me feel crap about myself.