• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] In the middle, my friend wants to know about S and N

lkpo14

My friend is here with me, he took some tests and in all of them, the S and N came about the same(5% more here, 5% less here..)
he wants to know what does it say about him? not necessarily about is type, but he wants to know what are the cons of being 50-50?
im asking here because he is a T.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Well, part of it may have to do with the tests themselves. Some tests I have seen, especially that popular Human Metrics one, seem slanted towards making "N" appear to be a better choice. It's certainly possible to be close to the center, but I believe people really are one or the other, unless they've got multiple personalities or something.

sarah

soft and silky
MBTI Type
isfp
Well, part of it may have to do with the tests themselves. Some tests I have seen, especially that popular Human Metrics one, seem slanted towards making "N" appear to be a better choice. It's certainly possible to be close to the center, but I believe people really are one or the other, unless they've got multiple personalities or something.

I agree with that. I'd also suggest forgetting about those S-N test questions for now. Everybody does both, and if your friend's been developing his tertiary/inferior, then he's using his less-preferred function quite a lot.

How about focusing on trying to figure out which temperament (core needs, values, skills) fits better? :)
A good place to start would be 4temperaments.com -- Understanding Temperament Theory .

Sarah
ISFP

Mycroft

The elder Holmes
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
My friend is here with me, he took some tests and in all of them, the S and N came about the same(5% more here, 5% less here..)
he wants to know what does it say about him? not necessarily about is type, but he wants to know what are the cons of being 50-50?
im asking here because he is a T.

Which two types is he testing as on the cusp of?

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Has he looked at the cognitive functions?