• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] INFJ victimized by a con man

INFJrising

My first post. I've identified as an INFJ [4w3 sx/so] since my early 20s (in my late 40s now).

About a year ago, it came to light that my husband of nine years had a hooker habit. He spent $30K (much of it my money) on sex with prostitutes half his age.

For days after the revelation, I was in the fetal position. I couldn't eat, I couldn't breathe, I felt like I might die. It shattered my world to know that the person I loved most was a threat to me.

He showed no empathy for my pain. Instead, his narcissistic rage exploded.

His mask fell.

At last, I saw his true nature. A shark-eyed sociopath.

He spilled secrets as a way to keep me from leaving ... he had a son who died from SIDS, he never went to college and has no degree, he had an affair on his first wife, he embezzled money from his business partners, etc etc etc.

It didn't work. I moved out and have been no contact for over eight months. We have no children together and no shared assets. It's over.

My 401K is gone. My inheritance is gone. I have no relationship with my stepdaughter (whom I helped raise for nine years).

But I'm safe now, thankfully. My life is quiet and peaceful, and I'm moving forward.

What I'm struggling with is this: how can I reconnect with my intuition?

As an INFJ, I know intuition is one of my strengths. But it's obviously been blunted.

It did not serve me in this relationship. I ignored red flags early on. I devoted my life to a con man.

How in the world does that happen to an INFJ?

I feel disconnected from my instinct - I have little confidence in my ability to read people.

How can I get back to my intuitive strengths?