• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] INFJs and/or HSPs: Do you get depressed in the wrong kind of job?

hideki

MBTI Type
INFJ
as an INFJ. i just don't give a shit. I mean like, i know people are gonna be watching me. I feel uncomfortable because they are watching me. So to be comfortable I just be myself, and let go. theyll end up thinking i'm weird for a little while, and not get me, then after a little while they'll understand, i'll be their friend, then it goes melancholic, then i can finally be myself 'cause they understand me!

Penda

MBTI Type
INFJ
I have always hoped to find a job with some sort of greater meaning or purpose. In earlier times I would have wanted to be some sort of explorer charting new territory or making new discoveries. Those sort of jobs exist today probably, but there is such an emphasis on specialization, and also a huge amount of service jobs that require providing customer service or selling things. I have yet to find anything that provides what I want and my expectations are probably too high. I definitely know that I don't want to work at a bank forever though :)

quietgirl

MBTI Type
INFJ
Yea, my job effects me tremendously. I left the professional world to go back to scool because my job sucked the life out of me & I ended up in a deep depression as a result. My current "pay the bills while I'm in school" job sucks the life out of me the same way, but since I know it's temporary & I'm working towards my goal of another career, I tend to keep my job related meltdowns to a minimum.