• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFJ] ENFJ//ENFP humor

batteries included

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Hey guys, I just escaped from someone's video game controller (man, you wouldn't believe the stuff that is encrusted on that thing...), and I have a question.

What separates ENFJ humor from ENFP humor? From what I've been able to glean, NFP humor is more about hopping from one thing to the next, but I've heard from other ENFJs who think that their humor is pretty absurd and random too. What do you think? What makes ENFJ humor different?

hurl3y4456

MBTI Type
SINE
Hey guys, I just escaped from someone's video game controller (man, you wouldn't believe the stuff that is encrusted on that thing...), and I have a question.

What separates ENFJ humor from ENFP humor? From what I've been able to glean, NFP humor is more about hopping from one thing to the next, but I've heard from other ENFJs who think that their humor is pretty absurd and random too. What do you think? What makes ENFJ humor different?

Humor is a manifestation of an extroverted functions coupled with one's internal network.....So, say someone with Ne coupled with Ti will make logical connections that may seem random to a viewer, yet it's because they make a leap from a to z via external input. If Fe is coupled with Ne and Fe is lower in the stack, then the humor could come across as insulting without an intent to do so. ENFJ have Se in their stack and Ti as an inferior....Therefore, their humor will not be tied tightly to logical inferences...Instead, they will rely on Ni and Se to propagate their humor, and dominant Fe to filter the humor accordingly to yield a positive outcome.....Due to high Fe, it can be conjectured that the frequency of ENFJ humor will be less relative to ENFP as a consequence of maintenance of social harmony and the external novelty of Ne. ENFP's will have a high propensity to create/show memes that initiate an emotional response (Fi coupled with Ne) whereas ENFJ may enjoy physical humor in which they can imagine where a situation is heading (Se coupled with Ni).