• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] Plight of the NF male.

Atomic Fiend

Come on, footballs not that bad. I used to watch it, not much anymore (or at all for that matter), but when I was junior in High School, I would follow a particularly crappy team.

The only problem I have with it is the fans act like it's the only thing on earth that matters.

heart

heart on fire
^ I grew up in Texas where it's shoved down your throat all the time. Ugh.

I had relatives on both sides of the family who's minds were totally taken over by it, they couldn't discuss anything else.

Futeeebaaaalll!

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
I had relatives on both sides of the family who's minds were totally taken over by it, they couldn't discuss anything else.

Wouldn't it be cool if it was the same for philosophy? We watch prime time debate and are like "go relativism!"

Atomic Fiend

Futeeebaaaalll!
I'd have killed myself.

Atomic Fiend

Nothing wrong with liking football, nothing at all, but when it's all someone talks about it gets really annoying.

ThePenIsMightier

MBTI Type
xNFJ
Screw y'all and your hate of football. :steam:

Ha, I get it. I don't know, football has always been more about the strategy involved than the actual game. It's why I can sit down and enjoy a baseball game. There is so much to consider on any given play. They're running it well, so we should stack the box. If we do that though, what happens if they run a play action? Simple example but it is the reason I sit down and watch.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
I'd been hangin' with my ESFP best friend (also a guy) for quite a while before I realized we both have nearly no interest in any team sports...Which is pretty rare in a college town like this.

So it's not just an NF male thing.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP

Futeeebaaaalll!

Agreed. My students think it's a totally acceptable excused absence just to watch the Cowboys play on tv.

Mostly what I hate about sports on tv is that they're just so LOUD. And the announcers yell at you. I can't stay in the same room with it.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I was married to a guy who didn't like football. Or sports of any kind. At first I thought it was nice but after awhile it felt strange. Maybe because I love sports myself.

My NF loves football. :D

S

Sniffles

Overall I prefer to play sports rather than watch them. If I do watch them, it's usually to spend time with friends or just relax for a while and see some good action. I'm not a real fanatic or anything about it.

Last Friday I spent time with my friend at a local boxing match. Good times. We do this often because our shared interest in combat sports.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
I've been there before. Girls sure love whining to me though. These days, I just make fun of them for whining.

As an NF, I have learned it is impossible for me to act like many of the other guys.
I can joke around with other people but I can't be truly nasty and forgetful about others. It is not in my nature. I don't understand why a person, in any sort of strategic sense, would want to deliberately be mean to someone else in a non-professional setting. Not like the dumb douchebags have any intelligent reason for doing so..

I enjoy watching basketball but that is more so to support my college team: Blue Devils! :D
I feel that if I can enjoy watching sports if I feel connected in some way to the sport event.

GZA

Resident Snot-Nose
MBTI Type
infp
The only sport I really like to watch is hockey, and even that I don't watch. Apparently the french announcers are the best, so maybe if I ever learn french I'll watch more hockey. Playing road hockey or even real hockey (which I havn't done in years) is great fun once in a while, but I don't do it often. Most of the physical things I do are just running and walking related things.

kiddykat

movin melodies
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4, 7
-Hey I dig guys who aren't into watching NFL. Not my cup of tea, either.

Girls who are all about the bad boys who don't give nice guys the time of day just make the 'weeding' out process much EASIER for the nice dudes.

I have no complaints to make about the male ENFPs, NFs in general.

Qualities I admire in an ENFP guy, to be really who he is without being ashamed- a guy who's genuine & a kid at heart (judging from the ones I know IRL, of course!). Much power to ya.

quietmusician

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
It does suck. But I get on with my life. I don't let stuff like this upset me. I think about other things in life that cause greater tragedies and then my 'sensitive' issue fades.