9w1
    Socionics
    INFj

Oh...never mind, then.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

Stereotypical 'Strong' and 'Weak' were defined a bajilion years ago by our pre-genitors and we haven't evolved out of it yet. Thus most men are stuck in the prehistoric rut of 'Rrr me am buff and mean and gets what me wants grrr me am manly strong guy! Where my beer!?' ()

NFs dont necessarily have those ESTJ attributes, but when we get latched onto an idea we love. We LATCH and work hard! well maybe you guys do, I'm still working on getting out of bed
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

MBTI
    INFP

I'm not sure how the "strong" versus "weak" discussion got brought into this. When I was writing about "acting like a man", I was refering to being a self-assured, confident leader versus being needy and dependant. I don't believe that most women are naturally attracted to needy and dependant guys. This has noting to do with physical characteristics.

GENERALLY speaking... call it stereotyping if you will, but NF males by virtue of their naturally more feminine personality are likely to have the most difficulty with this principle. That's NOT to say that NF males can't be attractive to women, but instead that they need to develop a heightened sense of awareness of their personality and how to effectively conduct themselves.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Na, I just need to do more of my outdoor stuff. I can talk about my abilities till I'm blue in the face, but being able to run an effective plan through a senario seems to draw more attention.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

I'm not sure how the "strong" versus "weak" discussion got brought into this. When I was writing about "acting like a man", I was refering to being a self-assured, confident leader versus being needy and dependant. I don't believe that most women are naturally attracted to needy and dependant guys. This has noting to do with physical characteristics.
    Oh, okay. Of course women, at least in the long run, arent attracted to the needy guy. The 'Needy' vs 'Self Confident' decision, I think, is almost universal among women. Its what the woman sees as Needy or Confident that matters in the end. Some find femininity as 'needy' (Which, I suppose, a yearning to be close to someone could be seen as clingy, for example).

You could relate it to type and say: SJs theoretically follow what society thinks is Needy vs Confident (Which happens to be Weak vs Strong if you follow stereotypes). SPs (Esp. ESxPs) follow the people who do the the things they associate with confidence: Following through with big plans, being boistrous, being a go-getter, et c, because thats what their Se shows them. NFs could look for a person who won't cling to them in the end (Some fall into the rut of going for 'sick' individuals, though) so could go for any type if the person respects them and their values. NTs are probably similar to NFs but seeing what would be the best choice (F is still there so they have their preferences)

The able is all speculation and theory, I'm sill young so I dont know what it ACTUALLY is in practice :B
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

Aspiring Troens Ridder KLessard's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2

The only NF male I ever met was my own dad and he's dead now.
    He was highly sensitive about certain things and would start sobbing sometimes as he told us something that was very spiritual to him. I loved his way and turned out to be very much like him. He was INFP and I am INFX.
    He REALLY loved watching footbal, though.

One thing that puzzles me is that he married my my ESTJ (!!!) mom because she was pretty. He often said he was a very different man before he became a Christian, but still, I find strange that an NF would choose a spouse on such a superficial criterion as physical beauty, while NFs generally love to look at inner beauty (I do). I suppose physical beauty still appeals to Idealists who love perfect things.

I was wondering: what is a NF male like when in love? How does he investigate into the girl's soul and what is it that truly attracts him in a girl?

For myself as a girl, I have always been distrustful of good-looking guys and always had a thing for the humble, upright, but not-so-handsome guy.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by KLessard View Post
    I was wondering: what is a NF male like when in love? How does he investigate into the girl's soul and what is it that truly attracts him in a girl?

For myself as a girl, I have always been distrustful of good-looking guys and always had a thing for the humble, upright, but not-so-handsome guy.
    I think physical beauty is important to most men in general, including NF's, however I think that you bring up an interesting point. I wonder if & how attraction works differently based on personality. My gut feeling is that NF's would likely be the most picky due to their perfectionist tendancies, and therefore would have the highest standards on physical beauty.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Silence11 View Post
    I think physical beauty is important to most men in general, including NF's, however I think that you bring up an interesting point. I wonder if & how attraction works differently based on personality. My gut feeling is that NF's would likely be the most picky due to their perfectionist tendancies, and therefore would have the highest standards on physical beauty.
    '

I've never thought of that as being an ENFJ thing. I'm definitely picky in who I date, etc. Most men have to be physically attracted on some level....but as we age, there is no question that personality plays a HUGE role in a successful relationship.

I've gotten pickier about my relationships as I've matured. I know that goes without saying...but its still interesting to me. A girl has to have that "something" that I am never able to describe to someone else.....is that an ENFJ thing? Not sure......
    I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. --- Maya Angelou

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Silence11 View Post
    I don't think I quite fit that mold. I'm not picky when it comes to physical beauty. Probably because I realize that I'm average looking myself and I don't try to chat up the top notch beauties. I do think that I have higher standards for personalities, I'll cave to that. There's nothing worse that could ruin my day than someone who seemed to be something they really are not in the end.

MBTI
    INFP

NF's are charactarized as idealists but the MBTI doesn't presume to tell you what you're idealistic about - I imagine that it is individually specific. Attraction could be much the same way. I'm leaning toward the idea that what you find attractive probably isn't a function of your type.