• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] Who are you INFPs, honestly

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I enjoy solving problems; more so if the solution helps someone to the point where a person's appreciation for the solution seems to out way getting paid. I can cook, clean, sew, write simple programs, fix computers, change the oil of a vechicle, do simple electrical and carpentry work, start a fire with flint and steel or with one match, build improvised shelters from various materials, fire a gun (and hit what I'm aiming at), plan a bicycle roadtrip with the appropreate amount of stops, drive a sled team, right a canoe, navigate by the stars, construct makeshift blunt, edged and projectile weapons. I like to hike, bike, canoe, and snowboard; though I will do many other things to keep myself entertained. Music is the language of my soul, though as I age my hearing will go first.

I am a son, a brother, a friend, a helper. I am me.

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
runvardh, you are a swizz pocket knife!

Oh lookit! I'm gonna hit a thousand.

Congrats. Are you gonna have a party at the bonfire? (talking bout this forum, not your hippy get-togethers :) )

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Fire and parties? Eekers.

Out in the country after you clear some land it's aways a good combination - espeically when music and alcohol are involved. :D

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
No, you need

1) Summer
2) Beach
3) Fire
4) Meat

then the (live) music and alcohol

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
No, you need

1) Summer
2) Beach
3) Fire
4) Meat

then the (live) music and alcohol

Eh, I'll agree with the meat; however, the beach is only a nice thing to have and summer is for all the wusses who don't know how to dress properly. :D

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
Well, the point is to have as little clothes as possible... :rolleyes:

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well, the point is to have as little clothes as possible... :rolleyes:

Eh, I'm not that exhibitionistic. Even when drunk, I pass out long before I get that far. *shrug*

Chris_in_Orbit

MBTI Type
ESTJ
I enjoy solving problems; more so if the solution helps someone to the point where a person's appreciation for the solution seems to out way getting paid. I can cook, clean, sew, write simple programs, fix computers, change the oil of a vechicle, do simple electrical and carpentry work, start a fire with flint and steel or with one match, build improvised shelters from various materials, fire a gun (and hit what I'm aiming at), plan a bicycle roadtrip with the appropreate amount of stops, drive a sled team, right a canoe, navigate by the stars, construct makeshift blunt, edged and projectile weapons. I like to hike, bike, canoe, and snowboard; though I will do many other things to keep myself entertained. Music is the language of my soul, though as I age my hearing will go first.

I am a son, a brother, a friend, a helper. I am me.

Very interesting. Sometimes I think of INFPs only being allowed to do certain things :cheese:

I'm glad to see you have sooooo many different hobbies/interests/skills.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Very interesting. Sometimes I think of INFPs only being allowed to do certain things :cheese:

I'm glad to see you have sooooo many different hobbies/interests/skills.

When you're interested in science and technology, grow up in the outdoors, spend your teens in a paramilitary organization, and have a tradesman/hunting guide for a father this stuff happens. ^_^

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
We need more people answering the OP question! Now! :steam:

Lotr246

Yeah, I agree with the description. But whenever I take the socionics test, I end up being an INFp, which correlates to an INFJ (MBTI), since p characteristics mean being flexible. The socionics test just flips the functions around for INFP/INFJ. Did anyone else have this problem, and do you agree more with the Socionics INFp description, and thus the INFJ (MBTI), or the INFj description, and thus INFP (MBTI)?

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
I am very cynical about others.
I am capable of being objective.
When I'm in a good mood, I'll be outgoing- not necessarily a chatterbox but I will reach out to other people and be energized by them.

These are ways I'm not like the 'stereotypical INFP' but I still am an INFP because Introverts and Feelers can be very much like this.

IEE623

MBTI Type
NeXx
Yeah, I agree with the description. But whenever I take the socionics test, I end up being an INFp, which correlates to an INFJ (MBTI), since p characteristics mean being flexible. The socionics test just flips the functions around for INFP/INFJ. Did anyone else have this problem, and do you agree more with the Socionics INFp description, and thus the INFJ (MBTI), or the INFj description, and thus INFP (MBTI)?

INFj's (or also called EII) in Socionics use Fi as dominant and Ne as auxiliary which is equivalent with INFP in MBTI

I believe the test on socionics.us is a lil more accurate. Socionics Tests

Chris_in_Orbit

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Whenever I test socionics I get Infj or Infp wtf D:

I don't know which I identify with...i don't see how socionics is any different than MBTI.. except they use shapes to represent functions ftw!

I am very cynical about others.
I am capable of being objective.
When I'm in a good mood, I'll be outgoing- not necessarily a chatterbox but I will reach out to other people and be energized by them.

These are ways I'm not like the 'stereotypical INFP' but I still am an INFP because Introverts and Feelers can be very much like this.

I am just like this :p

anii

homo-loving sonovagun
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
Just because we are idealistic doesn't mean we don't see reality. In fact, that's why we can become so bitter. As Joni Mitchell wrote (no doubt of an INFP) "all romantics meet the same fate: cynical and drunk and boring someone in some dark cafe."

Other than that, we are as varied as grains of sand, just like every other human in every other MBTI category.

Chris_in_Orbit

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Other than that, we are as varied as grains of sand, just like every other human in every other MBTI category.

And theres the rub. Many people look to MBTI to understand their personality.. but as individuals that simply doesn't work. MBTI does not serve to differentiate us from everyone else; it serves to lump us all into 16 different categories. Thinking about it honestly, I don't even know what INFP is or what it means for me to be INFP. Its nothing really, just a man made creation..