• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] [INFJ/ENFP] compatibility/how do I catch his attention

glswnjoh

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
INFJs, what about ENFPs catch your attention (if we do at all?)

I have a friend whos an INFJ and I've been trying to get closer to him and deepen our friendship. I really, really admire and respect him and love him as a person/unique individual. But I want to show him that in the best ways possible.

These are things that I'm currently trying to do:
1. listen to him during our conversations
2. remember little details (I got him cider donuts because he said he's always wanted to try some)
3. tell him I appreciate him
4. invite him to events/show that I really want to spend time (i somehow find excuses to visit his apartment)
5. give him space by not messaging as often as i'd like to... :')
6. let him tease me, but also teasing back to show that I can take it and that I like his raw self

What else can I do? What specific actions do you guys like to see/receive or phrases do you guys like to hear? But also.. what overwhelms you? I can be pretty enthusiastic and well, not clingy, but persistent. I want to show that I care and remember him, but I don't want to like.. freak him out with all the attention. It's hard to keep my energy down as to not overwhelm him sometimes T_T

He actually doesn't like myers briggs/personality tests as they make him feel confined to a certain image/type, so I also try not to talk about this kind of stuff too much in front of him...

I also think that he appreciates my attempts to get him out of his apt since he's mentioned that though our friends hang out a lot and sometimes he's too tired to come out to every gathering, that he wants to hang out with us.

I just want him to think of me sometimes too.. I feel like it's just me always thinking about how I can be a better friend to him.. what are some ways to keep me on his mind?

please & ty in advance <3

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Talk about really deep stuff.

(I think ENFPs have a tendency to talk about personal experiences, so talk about experiences that are reflective of really deep stuff)

glswnjoh

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Oh, boy. You must be really going out of your way.

Dunno, imo, just give him time to miss you.

hahah i say this because i've heard most people can't properly listen and give enough genuine attention to infjs when they talk. but gotcha will do ty!!

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Lib said:
Dunno, imo, just give him time to miss you.

...but don't hold your breath.

The INFJ can be so out of touch with the world that it can take a while to even remember what was out there, let alone "miss".

But I do agree. Sometimes just... let the INFJ do the initiating.

glswnjoh

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
well, i gave him a week of no contact and whatdya know, a message pops up first from him haha. But it was under the excuse of needing something. Thanks guys~