• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] Is my friend an INFJ?

Chase123

MBTI Type
ESxP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hey, everyone! Very interested in this typing and I'm also curious in typing my friends to better understand them. My friend's interested in MBTI, but he isn't quite sure what his type (he's stuck with ISTP and INFJ), and I'm kinda dazzled by it too.

1. He's very introspective. He's calm, quiet, but still very confident and in control of things. He doesn't really fit in, he's respected and he's 'cool', but he doesn't connect with most people on the level I think he wishes he did. He told me he used to feel pretty lonely and like an alien when he was younger.

2. He's very cool. I saw him hanging out at the ceiling on one of the school houses on his phone. He doesn't listen to authority, and he stands up for what he believes in and for others. He's mature, and loyal, but can seem blunt when dealing with other people. He's a bit intimidating and mysterious.

3. What I'm confused about: I thought he was a clear cut ISTP, but the way he said that he felt like an outcast (he's no Fi user, he's not sensitive and doesn't believe in being different just for the sake of it), and that he craves a deep connection. He seems to understand emotions and spiritual things very well, he gets lost in thought (however he loves living in the moment and riding his motorbike). He said he feels like the burden of the world are on his shoulders, and I just learned that he gets quite burdened by the pain of the world. His eyes are quite sad, but also hold a kind of confident strength in them. He hates how fake people can be and he doesn't understand things like social media, and says he gets along more with older people (people who are 27 plus). He can be quite social when he wants to be.
He seems to have the old wise sage that has an old soul thing going on, but at the same time he doesn't display Fe traits, because he's pretty chill and calm about things, but also unorganized. He's very protective of those he loves and the most loyal person out there once he trusts you.

I guess what I'm confused about is that on the outside he seems totally like an ISTP, but a lot of what he says he feels and deals with internally seems very INFJ. Thoughts?

Overall, I'm very impressed by him. I've never seen someone so genuine and loving (once you know him) who also is strong, and protective. He's quite a leader and I would really like to know your thoughts.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Maybe? Perhaps you should ask him.

Darlene

MBTI Type
INTJ
What about HSP INTP? Your description of him seems very much to overlap with characteristics and remind me of one highly sensitive INTP I know. Im not sure though, could be some other type as well. Being highly sensitive can give extra layers and depth to a person. Highly sensitives are about 15-20% of population and it often brings an unique twist to any personality/MBTI preference. Later in life, INTPs seem to get a really good hold of their tertiary Si.
Perhaps you could think and establish whether he is thinker/feeler and intuitive/sensing type. But also I have learned that what we see of other person, isn't always how their mind works and we can't always see their cognitive preferences of how they behave. One really has to know them personally to be sure of their type.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
probably ISTJ, "hates fake people" Te, don't like Fe people. ISTJ and ISTP will appear very similar. SJ wouldn't be confrontational. Diplomatic. Good in maths.