• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] NF General Discussion Thread

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
Amen, Brothers and Sisters!

*Watching CC cringe.*

But I'll bet you agree, Girl. ;)

So. A question. What exactly is it about acknowledging the spiritual part of your nature that makes you cringe, CC?

You don't buy the wholistic idea of body, mind and spirit? Or is it that you are uncomfortable with hearing what others have to say about theirs? Where's the stumbling block?

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
Geez. I've been, crudely put, AWing here all afternoon. Maybe I'll stop being so focussed for a while and play a bit.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Amen, Brothers and Sisters!

*Watching CC cringe.*

But I'll bet you agree, Girl. ;)

So. A question. What exactly is it about acknowledging the spiritual part of your nature that makes you cringe, CC?

You don't buy the wholistic idea of body, mind and spirit? Or is it that you are uncomfortable with hearing what others have to say about theirs? Where's the stumbling block?
I desperately need some cafe con leche.

I will be back to answer this, ;)

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
Already belong to one of those groups. It's a pain in the pocket. Too many XSTJs. Old ones besides. Heh.

These guys are gonna mentor me into senility? Probably not.

I'm probably going to have to gracefully bow out before I drop into the rut never to scintillate again.

I can't wait to hear what The Chick has to say but I gotta run out and attend to RL for a little while.

Other NFs? Join us.

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
Was that post addressed to me Anja? :confused:

Both your comment about MSN and to CC.

Looks like no one came back tonight anyway. I went out and ran into some friends and had a good time. Only just got back a little while ago.

Jen sent me a note about Ventrillo and I haven't opened it yet. Putting it off.

These kinds of things are difficult for me. Once I "get it" I'll be okay but it's like facing down the boogey-man to learn anything electronic.

So when I get on you may all assume that I have slain the dragon with considerable blood, sweat and tears.

Gee, that sounds kind of histrionic doesn't it? Wonder if I should call a shrink. . .

I wish someone would start a fun word game or two. Another forum I belonged to for a while had some really bright and funny people and they'd invent amusing and tricky word games.

One we played was "Which Doesn't Belong?" and some could come up with pretty cagey clues. Four of them. Maybe three would be women and one would be a man, three nonAmerican and one American. Various intricate patterns which made guessing fun and sent me to google repeatedly.

Another we played was "Letters From Famous People." And we'd make up funny letters that they may have written.

Maybe some day I'll get motivated to do it myself. Do you think, anyone that others would be interesting in something a little more challeging than word association?

Hah. The MN forum of oldsters I'm with plays "Let's Name a Movie!" That's it. No conversation. Just each post naming a movie. BUT - there is one challenging rule: Only one movie per post. Strictly. So I have to wait twenty-four hours before my turn again. It's excruciating.

Senility may be just around the corner. ;)

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
I was lookin' at my new avatar a while ago. Hadn't noticed that red thing in the background until I put it up. I sure hope it's a school bus and not a Portapotty.

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I was lookin' at my new avatar a while ago. Hadn't noticed that red thing in the background until I put it up. I sure hope it's a school bus and not a Portapotty.

I think it's a telephone booth. You know, one of those stereotypically British ones. Like this:

london007.jpg

If it were blue and a little more squarish, I might freak out and wonder if Dr. Who had turned into a cat! :shock:

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
Yeah. That's really weird. A cat and a phone booth? Not very bucolic is it?

CC? Donde esta's? Musta been one hella cafe con leche.

Your answer doesn't need to be logical or well thought out, ya know. . . :D

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Hahahaa, I have to be in the right mood to talk about this stuff.

Well, to talk about this stuff without getting frustrated, melancholy or angry.

Just waiting for that mood to come.

:)

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
I feel like ranting now... So, just going to rant here. Excuse me.

I got this job couple of weeks ago. Or more like a project, but for real money and all that. I needed to edit a bunch of tv adds. It's like the first "real" my kind of job I have managed to get. The job was in another city, but I was promised to get a ride there every day, so I figured it isn't a problem. The days were long because all the traveling.

Anyways, my editing was coming along just fine, and I was hoping to finish the job next week. But, last week the guy who I drove there with was sick, and I had to go by train, which cost me like a sixty euros a day, plus the travel time went up to five hours per day, so by thursday I didn't have any money left and I told the producer that I wont make it to work on friday. This night I get a call from another producer that I have been replaced with someone else. He also said he isn't happy for me not to being "up to the responsibility".

What the hell??? I have basically sacrificed myself to get there on time every day. Eight hours of work, five traveling! All my money is gone, I will barely survive till the paycheck comes in. And I am not up to the responsibility... And what's more, he hasn't even seen if my work was good or not. Now it might be that the next guy takes credit for my ideas. It also eats me that the project was left messy because I thought I could clean it all up on monday, so the next guy will be in deep shit with it anyways.

Last week I was so stressed all the time and even now I feel the adrenaline. Is it really worth it? Why don't I just go to a factory or something? I work my ass off and get no credit, I spend all of my money, and I feel like shit when I get home. I don't even remember the last time I've been this stressed over anything. (But I can't say they didn't warn me. There was funny rumors about this company... and it's athmosphere)

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I feel like ranting now... So, just going to rant here. Excuse me.

I got this job couple of weeks ago. Or more like a project, but for real money and all that. I needed to edit a bunch of tv adds. It's like the first "real" my kind of job I have managed to get. The job was in another city, but I was promised to get a ride there every day, so I figured it isn't a problem. The days were long because all the traveling.

Anyways, my editing was coming along just fine, and I was hoping to finish the job next week. But, last week the guy who I drove there with was sick, and I had to go by train, which cost me like a sixty euros a day, plus the travel time went up to five hours per day, so by thursday I didn't have any money left and I told the producer that I wont make it to work on friday. This night I get a call from another producer that I have been replaced with someone else. He also said he isn't happy for me not to being "up to the responsibility".

What the hell??? I have basically sacrificed myself to get there on time every day. Eight hours of work, five traveling! All my money is gone, I will barely survive till the paycheck comes in. And I am not up to the responsibility... And what's more, he hasn't even seen if my work was good or not. Now it might be that the next guy takes credit for my ideas. It also eats me that the project was left messy because I thought I could clean it all up on monday, so the next guy will be in deep shit with it anyways.

Last week I was so stressed all the time and even now I feel the adrenaline. Is it really worth it? Why don't I just go to a factory or something? I work my ass off and get no credit, I spend all of my money, and I feel like shit when I get home. I don't even remember the last time I've been this stressed over anything. (But I can't say they didn't warn me. There was funny rumors about this company... and it's athmosphere)
Oh my god!!!

What absolute ass-suckery!!!

I'm sorry. :sad:

:hug:

Life can be so fucked up and unfair sometimes, it just makes you want to go :angry:

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
Life can be so fucked up and unfair sometimes, it just makes you want to go :angry:

Oh, I have been very :angry: ... Friday I was so full of their shit (there was shit before they fired me) that I was actually getting angry at commercials while watching tv.

"If you could have this state-of-the-art plasma tv, would you?"

"NO!" :steam:

Luckily I saw some of the good people that evening and felt better.

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
Hah. I make smart comments at the TV and radio when I'm really steaming.

Good to see you.

I see you've still got your horns. Not to worry. They look pretty cute on you and will probably fall off when you get older. . .

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
Nolla, if you check back, please look at my thread "Say what you need to say?" in The Bonfire and give your perspective? I'm curious about something from my childhood being Scandinavian in origin.

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
Hah. I make smart comments at the TV and radio when I'm really steaming.

The news readers are great. They always tell me to have a nice day.

I see you've still got your horns. Not to worry. They look pretty cute on you and will probably fall off when you get older. . .

I think they been growing the last couple of weeks...

Nolla, if you check back, please look at my thread "Say what you need to say?" in The Bonfire and give your perspective? I'm curious about something from my childhood being Scandinavian in origin.

Will do.

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
Am I the only NF who talks to himself - uh - when they're angry enough to dump on someone else?

My cats look up in alarm! :steam: