• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] NF General Discussion Thread

GZA

Resident Snot-Nose
MBTI Type
infp
Going apeshit on someone is never a good idea cause it's really all projection.

I can't even recall all of the arguments/fights I have gotten into where the other person started going berserk because of their *own* issues.

Why else would you need to go berserk other than insecruity? Whenever people talk shit about other people it always reflects on them way more than the person they're talking about. I was thinking about this today, I kind of think anything you say, even when talking about other people, speaks only for yourself. Other people are who they are and nothing you say or think about them can change what they really are. You probably don't even know that person well enough to understand them, so you're outlashing is probably completely unfounded and wrong anyway. They're just projecting their own suck onto you. And everyone sucks a little bit, right?

How many times have people said things about you that really don't describe you at all? For me, a ton of times, but none of those change who I am, so I never feel the need to unleash at someone. I used to go fucking apeshit at people, I was a really angry kid, but I just don't care any more, and boy is it rewarding.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Going apeshit on someone is never a good idea cause it's really all projection.
SOOOOOOO TRUE!!!!

People's propensity to project has been a haunting reoccurring theme that I have picked up on in my life, to the point where I view it to be a tenet of human behavior.

Why else would you need to go berserk other than insecruity? Whenever people talk shit about other people it always reflects on them way more than the person they're talking about. I was thinking about this today, I kind of think anything you say, even when talking about other people, speaks only for yourself. Other people are who they are and nothing you say or think about them can change what they really are. You probably don't even know that person well enough to understand them, so you're outlashing is probably completely unfounded and wrong anyway. They're just projecting their own suck onto you. And everyone sucks a little bit, right?
Wow, yessss!!!

Everything you say is really a reflection and projection of yourself, period!!!

:hug:

Are you sure you are only 16?!?!? :thinking:

How many times have people said things about you that really don't describe you at all? For me, a ton of times, but none of those change who I am, so I never feel the need to unleash at someone. I used to go fucking apeshit at people, I was a really angry kid, but I just don't care any more, and boy is it rewarding.
Lol, apathy does have its perks, doesn't it. ;)

I care, unfortunately, and if I don't reason with it, or let it out somehow, I have a tendency to get implosive, which is berry, berry, baaaaaddddd!!!!

:yes:

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
I agree with the projection stuff, GZA. Doesn't it crack you up when someone goes on and on about something that bothers them and it's all stuff they do themselves? I can hardly keep from gettin' all righteous about it. Heh.

Some folks don't seem to have a lot of introspection.

I was just thinking today about that blanket statement people sometimes make around here about INFPs going to any lengths to preserve the peace and asking myself under what circumstances I will do that and which ones I won't.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
do you ever wish you would just shut the hell up?
everybody doesn't need to know how you really feel all the damn time!!

oh...just to clarify...haha...i am talking about me...none of you...sorry just read that and it sounded like it...hahaa

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
LOL

That is the best part of the ENFP though. Their effusive self-expression. It's beautiful and very endearing.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
is it an e thing?
most of it's lovely and sweet...because you know...we see things like that...but sometimes it's not...and it's not so great...i surprise myself daily by the lack of control over what comes out of my mouth!! i'm actually quite embarrassed for myself!

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
is it an e thing?
most of it's lovely and sweet...because you know...we see things like that...but sometimes it's not...and it's not so great...i surprise myself daily by the lack of control over what comes out of my mouth!! i'm actually quite embarrassed for myself!
Girl, try some shamelessness, I highly recommend it. :)

GZA

Resident Snot-Nose
MBTI Type
infp
It could be an extraverted thing, because I'm introverted and I'm a closed book. I'm only expressive through creative things.

What exactly did you say?

And I agree with the shamelessness part -if thats how you naturally are, then so be it.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
hmmm...yes...pour me a B I G cup...i need it...haha

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
thanks...does that mean i can go back to havin fun :D

S

Sniffles

do you ever wish you would just shut the hell up?
everybody doesn't need to know how you really feel all the damn time!!

oh...just to clarify...haha...i am talking about me...none of you...sorry just read that and it sounded like it...hahaa

You know there's always duct tape, that'll solve your problem in no time. ;) j/k

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
I used duct tape last night in my shoes. Halloween costume.

End of night - tights stuck to shoes!

Husband said Red Green would have been proud of me.

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
I just had a thought -

How many intellectuals think that it's duck tape?

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
So do you subscribe to

"I'm a man.
I can change.
If I have to.
I guess"?