• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] NF General Discussion Thread

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
Welcome to the very first NF general discussion thread.. Now that we have this lovely private forum, we can have a place for us to share our NF-y thoughts, feelings, gripes, moans, rants, raves, ideas, suggestions, what-eva! Together!

Because sometimes you have something to say, but don't want to start a thread. So post whatever you need to say here!

This can be sort of like a shared blog... but not really a blog! Just a place to chat with NFs only!

:)

(Did I use enough exclamations?)

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Okay I suppose I'll start!

Today I had a debate with my father on same-sex marriage. He thinks that it should not be allowed.

My F nature, I HAD to say "I've known people who were BORN gay and lesbian, fell in love, and how come they should not be allowed to enjoy life as normal people?"

He pointed out that to change the laws based on sexual preference (as in, to say sexual preference is a determining factor in marriage. I hope I said that right.) would be to open a doorway to many other things. People could start saying they 'prefer' small children, and adopt a kid and marry it.. or that they 'prefer' animals, or dead people.. to block all of those would be harder.

..I can't understand this concept. Why not just say "You have to be an adult! and this amendment is only for same sex marriages!" .. >.o I'm not law savy, I saw what he was saying but.. bleh! It was frustrating nonetheless!

heart

heart on fire
Threads like the "have sex with animals before you kill them" don't help! :D

I support gay marriage, but there are groups out there pushing for the mainstreaming of "inter-generational sex" as they like to call it so your Dad's fears are not baseless.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
Okay I suppose I'll start!

Today I had a debate with my father on same-sex marriage. He thinks that it should not be allowed.

My F nature, I HAD to say "I've known people who were BORN gay and lesbian, fell in love, and how come they should not be allowed to enjoy life as normal people?"

He pointed out that to change the laws based on sexual preference (as in, to say sexual preference is a determining factor in marriage. I hope I said that right.) would be to open a doorway to many other things. People could start saying they 'prefer' small children, and adopt a kid and marry it.. or that they 'prefer' animals, or dead people.. to block all of those would be harder.

..I can't understand this concept. Why not just say "You have to be an adult! and this amendment is only for same sex marriages!" .. >.o I'm not law savy, I saw what he was saying but.. bleh! It was frustrating nonetheless!

You got slippery sloped!

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Threads like the "have sex with animals before you kill them" don't help! :D

I support gay marriage, but there are groups out there pushing for the mainstreaming of "inter-generational sex" as they like to call it so your Dad's fears are not baseless.

No kidding! Mr. Yuck certified for sure!

You got slippery sloped!

Yeah.. I see where he's coming from. Sexual preference, once we let one group in, the push for others will come in truck loads.. I can't imagine grown men being allowed to marry little girls too young to make life choices like that. >.o We're out of the dark ages for a reason!!

But still, my heart goes out to the marriages I feel would be legit if it weren't for the suffering of the laws. I can't imagine the world crumbling from letting something beautiful happen like marriage, but dark people do rather enjoy abusing people kindness as a weakness. Always a huge pet peeve of mine.

heart

heart on fire
Same-sex marriage legal here right now but they have a proposition going in the election to end it.

I can't imagine grown men being allowed to marry little girls too young to make life choices like that. >.o We're out of the dark ages for a reason!!

We're not that far removed from then, same human beings. Hopefully people with a sense of decency will prevail and there won't be a slide back.

Hexis

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Yes finally, a place for me to rant and rave outside of my own blog! Thank you Disregard, I shall now go back to doing so.

So was going to post this in my blog but oh well might just copy and paste it there later. So me and the mother of my son are haveing disagreements again, we're not currently together but are both mature enough to realize going through court for custody issues would be more damageing than effective. So she keeps him and mostly raises him, when I wasnt working cause I had lost my job I saw him quite often. But now ive been working at my local Circuit City for about 7 months now have gotten a couple of promotions in my short time there and are trying to pay off some credit debt. But with my schedule there and hers at her job its extremely difficult trying to go and see my son. I honestly havent seen him since the day after Ike hit, I of course ran over there to check on them after that cause my cell wouldnt work. Ive had time to try and see him once recently but kinda blew it.

I told her I would be comeing over between 12 and 2, due to faulty alarming lol I didnt wake up until a little after 1. She calls and asks if im still comeing over, I tell her yes but I need a shower first. So im heading over there a little before 2 and she calls me and says not to even bother cause her and Raven are going to take a nap. I ask why, and she says cause I was suppose to be there at noon. So i just get pissed and fed up with it and hang up. I havent talked to her since, and this was last Wednesday.

So that was me ranting, but heres a question for NFs concerning the same thing. It kills me not being able to see my son everyday like she gets to but that was a known consequence of our break up. And I get to see him so little that when I do see him he doesnt even know who I am, and this definitely hurts. But I just dont have the time to come and see him as often as id like and theres really nothing I can do about it with how both our work schedules are. Now my question is does any of the NFs here ever had to deal with anything similar and if so howed you go about it? And what are your thoughts on my lack of contact with my son and how it might affect our relationship in the future when hes older?

heart

heart on fire
^ Sorry I don't have children so never had the same type of thing happen.

I just wanted to post and say I'm getting a *&&^%$$ headache!

Hexis

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
No problem was mostly just ranting anyhow. But I have no advice for headaches either, I never get them and if I do its a clear indicator that im sick, which almost never happens either.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
Hexis, with parenting, it's not all or nothing. Show up when you can... When I was young, I saw my mom once every 2 weeks and she and I are very, very close. Things will get better and you'll get into a routine with your ex. Just try to do something special to express your respect for your ex next time you visit your son. Show up right on time with a fun plan (I don't know how old your son is, so maybe plans aren't possible).

heart

heart on fire
^ Okay...transferring *awesome* headache to CC!

But you know, given by a skilled dentist, a root canal can be relaxing. It's so methodical and numb.

Hexis

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Hexis, with parenting, it's not all or nothing. Show up when you can... When I was young, I saw my mom once every 2 weeks and she and I are very, very close. Things will get better and you'll get into a routine with your ex. Just try to do something special to express your respect for your ex next time you visit your son. Show up right on time with a fun plan (I don't know how old your son is, so maybe plans aren't possible).

Thanks alot Dis, its just when my family sees me they give me these looks like I should feel bad for the way im liveing my life, so once again thanks.

And as for the new topic the dentist is AWESOME! Those chairs are so comfy and my last nurse was hot! Hell I think im gona make an appointment for next week! (jokeing i dont have insurance for that lol)

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
I have good news!

You know living with an ISTJ can be trying. I'm am often trying to find situations where he can relate to the INFP experience. And I had a great opportunity tonight.

We were watching a film with Peter Fonda in it. And he made the comment that Fonda wasn't a very good actor, that he just lacked that "spark."

Whoa! NF talk coming from him?

"Yeah, that's what I'm talking about when say I sense someone's spirit!" I said.

I could see him thinking about this. Yes, he really did. And I think he had a glimmer of understanding. Whoopee!

I think I've got ten/twenty more years to widen this little crack in the awareness of difference. Oh boy!

heart

heart on fire
Those chairs are so comfy and my last nurse was hot! Hell I think im gona make an appointment for next week! (jokeing i dont have insurance for that lol)

Dentists are usually good lookin!

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
Thanks alot Dis, its just when my family sees me they give me these looks like I should feel bad for the way im liveing my life, so once again thanks.

When my dad was still a young man, he was "the loser" of the family, and now he's sittin pretty, king of his castle with the respect of everyone.

Just takes time and "blood, sweat, and tears".

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I'd respond Hex, but it'd be silly since I COULD say my views in person!!

My dentist in Iraq was frikken smokin'. I think he was actually flirting with me a bit too, which rocked!! Too bad a few words spoken and one time follow up was it for it all! u-u!! I wish my REAL dentist was that hawt! I have an old dude. I'm with heart though, ya'll can keep headaches. I only get them on medication and when I'm really sick... or hung over.

Anja, I lol'd at that! "See?! It's the same thing for this!!" '..Hm. I can almost attempt to think about seeing what you mean on that. Further analysis would determine whether or not I will use this information to further enlighten myself--' "ugh!! :rolli:"